PDA

View Full Version : Mission Space

snuggs30
10-06-2008, 12:28 PM
Just wondering about Mission Space. Do they still have the non moving side? If so is it still as fun or is it a waste of time? Can a 6 yr old do this too? I have never been on the spinning side:ack: so just wondering?

medic9016
10-06-2008, 01:41 PM
Yes it still has two side. It is the same simulator and effects without the weightless felling. If your 6yo meets the height requirement and wants to ride, then you should not have a problem. If you don't like tight spaces and simulator rides then it's probably not for you.

snuggs30
10-06-2008, 01:50 PM
But doesn't spin right?

Cookie123
10-06-2008, 02:01 PM
Correct ! The gentle side of Mission Space does NOT spin. It is a delightful and exciting ride with no sickness feeling.

Figment!
10-06-2008, 02:05 PM
Mission: Space Green Team is akin to Star Tours in motion. It is still a motion simulator, but it does not spin in a centrifugal motion.

Mission: Space Orange Team is the original ride system that provides motion simulator like movements, as well as; additional g-forces generated by centrifugal motion.

snuggs30
10-06-2008, 02:13 PM
:thumbsup:Thanks for all your information!!

thrillme
10-06-2008, 07:49 PM
I was a "test pilot" on Mission Space when it first opened. I felt really lucky to be among the 200 or so that got to try it for the day. :number1:

I LOVED IT.

Honestly I didn't have a "clue" it was spinning. I feel the "force" but I had no clue it was because the ride was spinning. The last time I went on it I still didn't feel the spin till I did what they told me NOT to do and I closed my eyes. THEN I was able to focus on the spin but it really didn't bother me.

SpecJoe Magic
10-07-2008, 06:35 PM
I was a "test pilot" on Mission Space when it first opened. I felt really lucky to be among the 200 or so that got to try it for the day. :number1:

I was a "test pilot" too. I rode it during an unannounced soft opening in June 2003. I may have seen you and not even realized it.

mainemajor
10-19-2008, 04:25 PM
After riding the orange side and not wanting to wait in line to ride it again, we rode the green side. I was VERY HAPPY with the experience. I thought it was going to be a waste of time, but I was so wrong. Now, when going to Mission Space, we see how long the wait time is for the Orange ride and if its more that 10-15 minutes then we ride the green side. Almost the same with hardly ever a wait.