PDA

View Full Version : HELP I need to find a costume

Stitchahula
10-06-2008, 08:20 AM
My 5 year old son has his heart set on being a dinosaur for Halloween:pumpkin::pumpkin:. He does not want to be anything else. I've already been looking at 4 different stores and the stuff they have online to see if I can find him 1 so far I haven't been able to. I can find 1 for the 15 month old which my 5 year old wants his little brother to be. I guess they want to be a herd of dinos this year. My 5 year old goes through so much that I really want to make this happen for him expecially since 2 days before Halloween he has to go back for blood work to see how his numbers are doing. Some of you might remember that my son has DBA and is transfusion dependent. He asks for so little really that I'm ready to try to make 1 for him if I have to. I am NOT creative so it wouldn't come out very good so I'm hoping to be able to just buy 1 already made. If anyone knows where to find 1 it would make my little boy so very happy. Thanks

WDWFanatic
10-06-2008, 08:33 AM
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you will find your costumes. Have you tried craig's list or ebay? Are there any larger costume shops in your area? Our local mall always has a huge shop that opens just for the holiday.

Also maybe you could put the word out to your friends and maybe on of them has an older one.

Best of luck and please give your little guy hugs from us. He will be in our thoughts.

beksy
10-06-2008, 09:07 AM
Good luck! I would keep looking at places like ebay and Amazon. Also, you might think about making one or finding someone to make one (I can't sew at all but I'm sure there are people out there that do!). We'll be rooting for you!

:magic::pixie:

SurferStitch
10-06-2008, 11:19 AM
I PM'd you a couple links. Hopefully they'll work out for you!

goofy for pluto
10-06-2008, 11:26 AM
Try anytimecostumes.com
It seems a lot of them are sold out, but expected restock dates are listed, some as early as 10/10/08.
One called Kidosaurus is listed as in stock in
size Md. (8-10)ages 5-7 years.
although It is a bit more expensive at $44.99
I hope this helps you.
Good Luck in your search.
:mickey:

Stitchahula
10-06-2008, 06:31 PM
Thank you everyone for all your help. I never even thought about ebay or amazon ( I'm not very good on the computer).

Jessica thank you those are so cute we all the ones we've found so far now it's only having him decide which one he wants. It's a toss up between a T-Rex and a triceratops.

Again thanks everyone you've helped my little boy have a happy Halloween.:)

thrillme
10-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Have you tried Partycity.com? Or check out target either on-line or their halloween section.

I made one for my DS when he was almost one. I'm am NOT a seamstress by ANY means. I'm lucky to get the seam straight. BUT...I believe there was a simplicity pattern that worked out WONDERFULLY. It was much better than the store bought because I made it out of a lightweight type of flannel knit stuff. It was almost like a comfy sleeper. My DS was a crawler and he loved the way the tail dragged.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-06-2008, 08:11 PM
I have my sewing machine in the spare bedroom if you want to borrow it. We can also check that Halloween store that just opened at the junction of Rt 9 & Rt 30. Maybe on our way to the Pumpkin Festival on 10/18? Or maybe one of the nights I'm not working?

SurferStitch
10-07-2008, 06:33 AM
Jessica thank you those are so cute we all the ones we've found so far now it's only having him decide which one he wants. It's a toss up between a T-Rex and a triceratops.

No problem! I thought the triceratops was just too cute!!

Stitchahula
10-08-2008, 11:02 AM
Well My husband went on ebay and order a costume for our son without ever letting me check it out. It is a balloon costume. It is a dinosaur but I guess you are basically inside a dino balloon. Not such a good idea when my son gets tired very easily and will need to either be carried or in the stroller. It looks rather large and bulky. I'm thinking it will also be kind of hot. He tried to tell me if I had thought of it I would've loved it and I told him I did see it and passed on all those reason plus the idea of him popping his costume and having a melt down on halloween because he doesn't have a costume anymore. I wonder can I sell a slightly used husband on ebay?:thedolls:

WDWFanatic
10-08-2008, 11:32 AM
lol, I guess you have to make sure DH is the one to carry him around.

crazypoohbear
10-08-2008, 02:57 PM
Just go buy the one William wants and return the one Stephen ordered on EBAY.
But, if it's the one I think they are pretty flexible and sturdy.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-08-2008, 06:39 PM
I wonder can I sell a slightly used husband on ebay?:thedolls:

As his girlfriend, I don't even want to buy him! That is a joke people, my nephew says that I'm his daddy's girlfriend. I am a girl and I'm his friend so it makes sense in his mind.

Hopefully the costume comes in quick enough that you can make a decision on whether to get my sweet pea another one instead if that one is not going to work out.

WDWFanatic
10-09-2008, 10:21 AM
Maybe you could make your DH wear the ebay one:thedolls:

Stitchahula
10-09-2008, 04:03 PM
Kelly that is so funny I actually had thought of trying to find an adult one for him.
Oh and Kat you are only 1 of his girlfriends. Like she said in my sons eyes it makes sense.

TikiGoddess
10-12-2008, 03:53 PM
Let me know if the costume you ordered doesn't work out... my DD5 has an Aladar (Iguanadon) costume that she's not wearing this Halloween. It's a great costume and we'd be fine lending it to you for the holiday. We live about 30 min from Springfield, MA (we're in north central CT), not sure if that's close to you.

Here's a picture of it:
Dino Costume (http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f369/songster02/DSCN3124.jpg)

PM me if you are interested!
Kathy

Stitchahula
10-13-2008, 02:29 PM
Well the costume is kind of cute and it's does have some give to it so he will probably be able to sit if needed. I'm just worried about him popping it but hubby said we'll just get some green duck tape. It's been put out of his reach so it will be safe until halloween.
Kathy thank you so much for the offer. You're actually not that very far from us we are right next to Worcester it's about 1-1 1/2 hrs. from springfield. That was the costume we had been looking at on Ebay. If you ever want to sell it you should list it there some were going for 50.00. Thank you so much for offering to lend it to us though.