PDA

View Full Version : American Adventure disppointment

deedeenmickey
10-05-2008, 04:52 PM
:confused:I just returned from WDW on October 4 and we saw the American Adventure at Epcot and I am extremely disappointed in the addition to the end! I sat there beside my extremely proud American soldier who just returned from 18 months in Afghanistan and 2 months in Iraq. My heart always swells with pride when we see this show. I see the new ending with the fire fighters from 9/11, Oprah Winfrey, Sports people, Willie Nelson?, and I am waiting for an image of a current looking American Soldier and IT NEVER COMES!!!????:mad: Walt Disney was in the Army, they had soldiers from the American revolution, the civil war, WW1 and WW2 but no current American Soldiers!!! I am extremely disappointed and hurt! Walt Disney would not have overlooked this in my opinion. Does anyone have any insight that I may have overlooked? I can't understand this and I would like to write a letter to someone because I love Disney World, I love Walt Disney and I love my American Soldier and I can't imagine why this would not be included in the American Adventure!!!!!:confused:

Mr. Brass Bonanza
10-05-2008, 06:23 PM
I'll tell you, I'd put a current American soldier in there a million times before I'd put Oprah Winfrey. That' ridiculous. You might as well put Puff Daddy and Britney Spears in there as well.

How many times has Oprah poured money into Disney...and then she turns up at the end of the American Adventure, but an American fighting with his or her life on the line for us right now is not? Hmmmm...

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-05-2008, 07:04 PM
That's a shame:(

Lizzie
10-05-2008, 09:18 PM
I haven't seen this show yet. But why is Oprah in it?

Disneyfun
10-06-2008, 09:24 AM
Having not seen the new ending, I would actually be fine with Oprah...but Willie Nelson?!?!? Wasn't he convicted for tax evasion and has been pushing for the legalization of marijuana? I don't find that inspirational at all!
I too feel that a modern US soldier should be represented. The only reason that I think that they may have left one out is due to the political fallout that would occur due to the image being linked to a very unpopular war.
Don't flame me, I love our soldiers, my brother is one. It's just the vast majority of the population has a poor opinion of the war in Iraq and the president that got us in to it and I think that Disney may be trying to avoid that issue.
Once things calm down, I would be sure that a modern soldier would be represented.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-06-2008, 12:08 PM
I agree with Disneyfun. I think it's more of a delicacy need than not respecting or honoring them. It's a very sensitive subject right now, and it's also recent - they may want to avoid showing pictures of someone's son, daughter, father, lover, brother or any one they cared about who never returned home.

A lot of times, the communities will rally together in times of despair and need and will send families to Disney or another place so they can escape just for a little while from the sadness such as a loved one lost in the line of duty. Can you imagine being on vacation and trying to escape and then seeing your loved one on a giant screen?

I definitely believe it's a good thing - for now. Besides, I personally don't care for them but Oprah and Willie Nelson are both inspirations and pioneers for many people. Oprah has helped many lives and given great advice to thousands of people, and sure she's not fighting a war but she has help people with their internal struggles. Willie Nelson defied traditions and did his own thing, including advocating alternate fuel sources, and active in the political fronts. Neither one really inspires me, only Walt does that, but for a lot of people, they are important.

tarjaybuff
10-06-2008, 01:14 PM
Putting Oprah in there is like comparing her to JFK or MLK. Atleast with a firefighter or soldier it covers a large vast of the population. I am sure they will change it.

TakeMe2EPCOT
10-06-2008, 02:49 PM
A lot of times, the communities will rally together in times of despair and need and will send families to Disney or another place so they can escape just for a little while from the sadness such as a loved one lost in the line of duty. Can you imagine being on vacation and trying to escape and then seeing your loved one on a giant screen?

How about the flip side of that? How about being a veteran or the family of a fallen veteran and not seeing a modern military member up on the big screen? How would that make you feel? Wouldn't that make you feel slighted? Oprah Winfrey is an entertainer and nothing more and make mega-millions doing a posh job...she deserves a spot but a real American hero/heroine doesn't?! Ridiculous.

It's just another sign of the times--the only people who count are celebrities.

Aggie97
10-06-2008, 03:39 PM
I would imagine that when updating the film, WDW/the U.S. also was keeping in mind the film's large global audience, having an understanding of many other countries' positions on the war. I am confident that all of the different Epcot country movies are sanitized to be sure no offense could be taken by WDW visitors of any nationality (including American).

My father is deployed in Baghdad right now; I do not have any issues with the film's content.

Gator
10-06-2008, 03:43 PM
No one at Disney wants to anger those who HATE the war and all involved. I suppose those who scream the loudest get to wear the fattest crown. And then we all bow to their every wish.

Meanwhile, more soldiers (some my family members) are giving their lives to promote America's greatest export...Freedom. I hope Disney includes them in the next AmAd film.

Imagineer1981
10-06-2008, 04:14 PM
Hopefully someone from Disney will see this post and add a current military hero to the film...and all the brave men and women serving are heroes to me

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-06-2008, 04:48 PM
How about the flip side of that? How about being a veteran or the family of a fallen veteran and not seeing a modern military member up on the big screen? How would that make you feel? Wouldn't that make you feel slighted? Oprah Winfrey is an entertainer and nothing more and make mega-millions doing a posh job...she deserves a spot but a real American hero/heroine doesn't?! Ridiculous.

It's just another sign of the times--the only people who count are celebrities.

I'm sorry but I never said they were the only ones who count. I said Disney is taking an approach to avoid upsetting a lot of people because of the current situation we are in. There are a lot of political issues that a lot of foreigners, and Americans, alike have about the current war in Iraq. And a lot of foreigners come to Disney World. It's not about who is better or greater hero - the story is the American Adventure. It's about pioneers, inventors, revolutionaries, and heroes, not just those who have died for us.

And after all, what was Samuel Clemmons (Mark Twain) but another entertainer? He was just an author.

TheRustyScupper
10-06-2008, 06:02 PM
[QUOTE=deedeenmickey;1754453. . . I love my American Soldier and I can't imagine why this would not be included in the American Adventure!!!!! . . . [/QUOTE]

I agree!

Shame

Shame
Shame

NOTE: Sea World does a nice recognition. At the Shamu show, they have all the vets stand. Sometimes, the applause is deafening! They also give service people and their families free admission!

PetefromRI
10-06-2008, 06:03 PM
Isn't Oprah on ABC?Owned by Disney and she's made a ton for Disney but I agree,she shouldn't be there.

CaptSmee
10-07-2008, 08:19 PM
sheesh! I personally don't see the big deal here. our military is well represented, but it's not like it's a current show that goes all the way up to present day! I happen to like the ending just fine...

PirateLover
10-07-2008, 10:21 PM
And after all, what was Samuel Clemmons (Mark Twain) but another entertainer? He was just an author.

Hmm. I know you are trying to make a point here, but I hope you know that Samuel Clemmons was more than "just an author." Almost all of his books had a message, and he made a great impact in the political aspect of society.

Anyway, I'm on the side of having a soldier be part of the montage. Soldiers do much more than fight wars. They are all around the world keeping the peace and doing their part to serve their country. I for one would be proud to have a deceased relative as part of the video. Would it be emotional? Sure. But knowing that every day people were seeing my relative representing what is supposed to be "the best" of the U.S. would make me swell with pride as well.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-07-2008, 11:52 PM
Hmm. I know you are trying to make a point here, but I hope you know that Samuel Clemmons was more than "just an author." Almost all of his books had a message, and he made a great impact in the political aspect of society.

And for some, the same can be said of those in the film. Willie Nelson does a lot of political work and has jokingly been referred to as "the most powerful Texan" by other politicians. Oprah Winfrey wasn't always the corporate icon she is today, she went through a lot of struggles and as an entertainer, brought many to tears with her emotional role in The Color Purple.

It's all a matter of opinion. I don't care for being reminded of the war when I'm there at Disney because it's all we hear about every other day. I enjoy reflecting the ideas that America once held, not the paths used to get there.

goofy-4-disney
10-08-2008, 12:09 AM
"Isn't Oprah on ABC?Owned by Disney and she's made a ton for Disney but I agree,she shouldn't be there. "

Nope, shes on CBS. EIther way I agree, she shouldn't be on there.

Scar
10-08-2008, 06:11 AM
Walt Disney was in the Army, ...I pretty certain that Walt Disney was not in The Army. He was in The Red Cross.

Ian
10-08-2008, 06:35 AM
I pretty certain that Walt Disney was not in The Army. He was in The Red Cross.Correct ... he served during WWI in the Red Cross Ambulance Corps. He was too young to join the military.

quackaddict
10-08-2008, 08:20 AM
Let them have Oprah in the show.....

Those of us who have fought to keep this great nation free know exactly why she's in it - because we fight to keep our freedoms. And among those freedoms is the right to make whatever choices you want, no matter how out of touch with the mainstream they seem.

We all know that without our Military men and women, none of this would be possible.

.......(stepping off the soap box)

disneydeb
10-08-2008, 08:39 AM
Isn't Oprah on ABC?Owned by Disney and she's made a ton for Disney but I agree,she shouldn't be there.

"Isn't Oprah on ABC?Owned by Disney and she's made a ton for Disney but I agree,she shouldn't be there. "

In our market she is on a NBC affiliate. I don't have a problem with Oprah appearing in AA. She is a great American making positive changes around the world. I'm proud she is American.

I do believe we need to honor our military too. I think it would be a nice tribute to have all personnel serving the US at present stand and recieve recognition and a moment of silence for those who gave their lives.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-08-2008, 09:11 AM
They give a moment of silence after they sing the National Anthem during the Voices of Liberty, in honor of those who are serving, which is the group that performs before the AA show.

Mackflava99
10-08-2008, 09:31 AM
Sad as it is when people from other countries think of the USA, Oprah is one of the icons they remember.... Either way i have no issue with her in it as long as the soldiers are in it too- but to have her and not them, then its not the true picture.
Even Ben Franklin, as great a figure as he is, had his demons too- so I know Willie Nelson isnt a really good role model for our kids, but again, people thing of him, Again i don't have an issue with hi either, as long as the current soldier is represented.
I lost a brother-in law in 9/11- He died going back up to help save his staff. I feel the police firefighters AND the civilians who helped are all heroes as much as anyone else.
We are a country of heroes, our history is rich with them....there just are not as many obvious ones as their used to be..

mac badger
10-08-2008, 01:00 PM
when was this current incarnation of the film made? were we even at war then? it seems like its been the same film forever, that's why i wonder

GLM
10-08-2008, 02:25 PM
While I think there should be a soldier represented, I do not think Disney has an anti-military agenda.

I remember watching the Flag Retreat ceremoney last year for the first time. The veteran chosen to take part was a recovering Iraq War soldier. It was a very emotional service not only for audience members, but cast members alike. Say what you will about Disney, but I think they've shown great respect and dignitiy to our veterans.

LarryBoy
10-08-2008, 03:30 PM

Actually, I think her show is independently owned, Harpo productions, and syndicated. So it you both are partly right. It may be on the CBS affiliate in one city, and the ABC affiliate in another.

MaxPower
10-08-2008, 04:16 PM
The ending of the show was changed in 2007 which added 45 seconds of new footage. The reason it was changed was because the original ending featured a skyline of New York City that included the twin towers, and now that scene has been removed so that the towers do not appear.

Obviously, the origianl poster on this thread was disappointed in the lack of "current" military being represented. However, in the new footage, there is a shot of a naval officer which then leads into a shot of a veteran on crutches.

As far as the Oprah Winfrey controversy, remember that The American Adventure also celebrates The Arts. Not only do you see Oprah, but you see Johnny Carson, Elvis Presley and Frank Sinatra. There is no denying that they are all extremely succesful Americans in The Arts.

The same is true of the athletes. For example, Michelle Kwan and Lance Armstrong are in the film. No one seems to be upset that Michelle Kwan is represented in a more favorable manner than the military. The point is that The American Adventure is a show that consists of large themes AND some smaller ones - yet all American. It is not a competition that ranks different people or events as being "more American" than another.

Also of note, the show has always surprised me by actually putting in controversial elements that have taken place in America: Vietnam war protesters, AIDS protesters and Illegal Immigration boycott issues. Once again, Disney is not trying to "promote" anything. They are just pointing out different events that have occured American history, and thus are also part of "The American Adventure."

I like the fact that it is not a sugar-coated, Disney version of what has made America what it is.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-08-2008, 08:47 PM
Thank you for saying what I've been trying to say, only yours sounded better.

MickeysEars
10-08-2008, 09:24 PM
I want to say that I am not an Oprah fan, HOWEVER, she is an American POP ICON. Not to mention she is responsible for so many charitable acts that one would not even be able to count them. It is simply "What does one think about when one thinks about America?"
Baseball, Mark Twain, MLK, and for some Oprah. Not to mention that she represents the American Dream, coming from NOTHING and becoming successful. Again, I don't even watch her show, but I understand. Does it erase the fact that there is not a current image of a soildier, no, but I agree that it may have something to do with the war still being fought and not wanting to do anything until there may be an end in sight. Just my :twocents:. I for one love this attraction and can not wait to see any new changes. The country is constantly changing and because of that so should the show.

ryca1dreams
10-08-2008, 11:04 PM
I had some of the same thoughts when I saw the show this year. I just expected to see a construction worker, a truck driver, a soldier, a farmer, a nurse, a banker, a policeman, a computer worker, a protester (why not), ONE athlete, ONE entertainer, etc. These are the people that make America the adventure it is. We're just not all rich athletes and celebrities and there were sure a lot of them represented as if we all were.

Rhetoric2000
10-09-2008, 06:01 AM
I had some of the same thoughts when I saw the show this year. I just expected to see a construction worker, a truck driver, a soldier, a farmer, a nurse, a banker, a policeman, a computer worker, a protester (why not), ONE athlete, ONE entertainer, etc. These are the people that make America the adventure it is. We're just not all rich athletes and celebrities and there were sure a lot of them represented as if we all were.

I think perhaps that the reason it is so celebrity-centric, (as of course is the Canadian movie) is that known US celebrities/sportspeople are very identifiable and distinct as American in a way that occupations as mentioned above are not necessarily.

You quite rightly mention the fact that the fundamental reasons, the bedrock if your like, of American success are construction workers, doctors, truck drivers etc. The thing is that while that is correct...well...all the countries in World Showcase has those things; they even have firefighters who put their lives on the line every day and soldiers to fight for their freedom. Elvis Presley on the other hand is instantly recognisable as American to anyone on the Globe, so is George Washington, so is Frank Sinatra, and so is Oprah.

One's relationship with one's country is very much as personal thing - and when others choose to represent it on your behalf there are bound to be differences of opinion. If there was a UK movie there would undoubtably be images of the Queen for instance since that is who people think of as British - and despite the fact that personally I am a republican I can understand that. Similarly it would be easy for any American to find objection in Frank Sinatra, with his alleged crimnal associations, or Alexander Graham Bell who many believe to be a humbug and concept thief representing their country.

This is why using shared history is a much better idea in representing the country, and why the first 95% of the American Adventure attracion is so magnificent. It concerns things that everyone can relate to, Americans can be proud of, non-Americans can learn from and is undoubtedly American as it is America's own heritage that is being depicted.

I hope that's understandable.

Goofster
10-09-2008, 12:48 PM
I don't agree with Disneyfun that the image of a soldier was kept out for political reasons (including Iraq or President Bush). I think, for the most part, as another poster mentioned, the whole montage at the end focuses on everything American. I tend to believe that not including the image of a current American soldier is probably more or less an oversight on Disney's part.

Marker
10-09-2008, 03:34 PM
However, in the new footage, there is a shot of a naval officer which then leads into a shot of a veteran on crutches.

Hmmmm. I too recall that shot. So it sounds to me as though there actually IS a reference to the modern-day miliatry. So perhaps all the excitement was actually unnecessary.

Not real sure how Oprah and Willie Nelson got involved either. Sounded like somehow, because it was perceived that there was no reference to the modern day military, it somehow was Oprah's fault. And also that somewhere along the way Harpo Studios (where the Oprah show is produced) was sold to Disney/ABC.

But I guess that's just my out of whack perception. I'm probably wrong.

Brownie54
10-11-2008, 11:16 AM
No one at Disney wants to anger those who HATE the war and all involved. I suppose those who scream the loudest get to wear the fattest crown. And then we all bow to their every wish.

Meanwhile, more soldiers (some my family members) are giving their lives to promote America's greatest export...Freedom. I hope Disney includes them in the next AmAd film.

This is a classic example of why this country is so divided(red, blue states). Your statement "HATE the war and all involved" is very offensive. I don't know of anyone who "hates" the war AND "hates" the brave soldiers fighting over there.

I haven't seen the newer version of the film. I am reading conflicting reports here if there are or aren't soldiers in it. Geez, I don't think Disney could have added anything without catching flax from somewhere.

Finally, your line about " promoting America's greatest export...Freedom". This is YOUR opinion on the war. This is a Disney board, not a news group. We are all proud of our brave soldiers, not just the red states.

Brownie54
10-11-2008, 11:23 AM
The ending of the show was changed in 2007 which added 45 seconds of new footage. The reason it was changed was because the original ending featured a skyline of New York City that included the twin towers, and now that scene has been removed so that the towers do not appear.

Obviously, the origianl poster on this thread was disappointed in the lack of "current" military being represented. However, in the new footage, there is a shot of a naval officer which then leads into a shot of a veteran on crutches.

As far as the Oprah Winfrey controversy, remember that The American Adventure also celebrates The Arts. Not only do you see Oprah, but you see Johnny Carson, Elvis Presley and Frank Sinatra. There is no denying that they are all extremely succesful Americans in The Arts.

The same is true of the athletes. For example, Michelle Kwan and Lance Armstrong are in the film. No one seems to be upset that Michelle Kwan is represented in a more favorable manner than the military. The point is that The American Adventure is a show that consists of large themes AND some smaller ones - yet all American. It is not a competition that ranks different people or events as being "more American" than another.

Also of note, the show has always surprised me by actually putting in controversial elements that have taken place in America: Vietnam war protesters, AIDS protesters and Illegal Immigration boycott issues. Once again, Disney is not trying to "promote" anything. They are just pointing out different events that have occured American history, and thus are also part of "The American Adventure."

I like the fact that it is not a sugar-coated, Disney version of what has made America what it is.

I agree with Jessica Sparrow, excellent post! I hope the OP(deedeemickey) replies to your post.

RAIDER
10-11-2008, 05:00 PM
I think perhaps that the reason it is so celebrity-centric, (as of course is the Canadian movie) is that known US celebrities/sportspeople are very identifiable and distinct as American in a way that occupations as mentioned above are not necessarily.

You quite rightly mention the fact that the fundamental reasons, the bedrock if your like, of American success are construction workers, doctors, truck drivers etc. The thing is that while that is correct...well...all the countries in World Showcase has those things; they even have firefighters who put their lives on the line every day and soldiers to fight for their freedom. Elvis Presley on the other hand is instantly recognisable as American to anyone on the Globe, so is George Washington, so is Frank Sinatra, and so is Oprah.

One's relationship with one's country is very much as personal thing - and when others choose to represent it on your behalf there are bound to be differences of opinion. If there was a UK movie there would undoubtably be images of the Queen for instance since that is who people think of as British - and despite the fact that personally I am a republican I can understand that. Similarly it would be easy for any American to find objection in Frank Sinatra, with his alleged crimnal associations, or Alexander Graham Bell who many believe to be a humbug and concept thief representing their country.

This is why using shared history is a much better idea in representing the country, and why the first 95% of the American Adventure attracion is so magnificent. It concerns things that everyone can relate to, Americans can be proud of, non-Americans can learn from and is undoubtedly American as it is America's own heritage that is being depicted.

I hope that's understandable.

I think you hit the nail on the head ..Couldnt have put it better myself ...:thumbsup::beer:

Nesser480
10-11-2008, 08:01 PM
I thought I remembered the military be represented and I checked this afternoon and there is a shot of military personel between firefighters and the police officers!

Puppy Mom
10-12-2008, 06:16 PM
Brownie, we must travel in different circles because I know MANY people who hate this war and question it's wisdom.

However I don't know ANYONE who hates the soldiers.

I feel that the US military is well represented in the film in proper proportion. The essence of what the US is seems quite well represented on the whole.

Daisy'sMom
10-12-2008, 07:26 PM
I don't see the need to fill up the film with soldiers from every conflict. I happen to appreciate the film for what it says, what it offers.
If we start complaining about those not represented, then where does it stop? The film would be hours long.
Our nation is proud of our soldier, but like my dad used to say (a former Merril's Marauder) "I didn't do it for a pat on the back."

Brownie54
10-13-2008, 09:02 AM
Brownie, we must travel in different circles because I know MANY people who hate this war and question it's wisdom.

However I don't know ANYONE who hates the soldiers.

I feel that the US military is well represented in the film in proper proportion. The essence of what the US is seems quite well represented on the whole.

Agreed. I was only reacting to the earlier post that said "HATE the war and all involved". I was mearly calling him out on it. Bless all our soilders of now and yesterday.

deedeenmickey
10-13-2008, 12:23 PM
Hi All:

I have been checking the responses and I am understanding most of what people are saying. The post seems to have taken on a life of it's own but it is very interesting to see different views. I was wrong...I knew Walt Disney was in WWII I didn't know in what capacity. I have no problem with Oprah or the other celebrities being in the film. I love them all. I feel it was unbalanced considering the different job capacities and the theme of the film. However, without the Soldiers protecting our way of life they may not be celebrities. I know that sounds cheesy to alot of people but in my opinion (and it is just that, an opinion) society has lost touch with the fact that we are being protected in many ways by our military. I did miss a naval officer in the new closing of the film maybe because I was waiting for one of those heartwarming photos of a soldier carrying a child or handing out food or clothing in war torn areas. It may have been the moment when I looked at my husband and saw the tears welling up in his eyes (tears of pride). It seems our soldiers get blamed for the war torn part but no one ever sees the good. We did not create all of the problems in the areas that we are in now and the media doesn't show the good. I know this first hand because my soldier's unit passed out coats in Afghanistan that our Family Readiness group took up and food and help build wells and many things to help the people. He loved the people of Afghanistan and Iraq and made lots of life long friends there. My soldier is definately not looking for a "pat on the back" because he didn't even notice this until I pointed it out. I don't care about offending other nationalities or war protestors. It is their right to protest and I have no problem with that. My husband helps defend that right for them! As far as other nationalities, are the japanese offended when there are pictures of the bombing of pearl harbor? Are the other nationalities offended at Muppetvision when they hear "A salute to all nations but mostly America." This is our culture and history right, wrong or indifferent. I was just saying that I was disappointed in the representation. Maybe I am too close to the issue??? Thanks everyone for your responses and I certainly don't meant to offend anyone. It's just a discussion.

Mousefever
10-14-2008, 09:42 AM
Doesn't anyone remember that Willie Nelson helped create Farm Aid in 1985? I don't like his singing at all, but he and some other celebs brought family farmers to Congress to testify about how much they were struggling in 1987. Congress then passed legislation to help family farms in foreclosure. I think that kind of positive activism deserves recognition.

Amy

:dory:

Sharon1026
10-14-2008, 07:05 PM
I agree with Disneyfun. I think it's more of a delicacy need than not respecting or honoring them. It's a very sensitive subject right now, and it's also recent - they may want to avoid showing pictures of someone's son, daughter, father, lover, brother or any one they cared about who never returned home.

I definitely believe it's a good thing - for now. Besides, I personally don't care for them but Oprah and Willie Nelson are both inspirations and pioneers for many people. Oprah has helped many lives and given great advice to thousands of people, and sure she's not fighting a war but she has help people with their internal struggles. Willie Nelson defied traditions and did his own thing, including advocating alternate fuel sources, and active in the political fronts. Neither one really inspires me, only Walt does that, but for a lot of people, they are important.

I agree with you.
I've always found that attraction to be a bit over top and a little too ego driven. Please don't flame me - I love our country as much as anyone and have worked in the government in various capacities. I also have relatives who are military. However, this attraction is so overdone it's almost a bit embarrassing.

7swans
10-14-2008, 07:34 PM
Anyway, I'm on the side of having a soldier be part of the montage. Soldiers do much more than fight wars. They are all around the world keeping the peace and doing their part to serve their country. I for one would be proud to have a deceased relative as part of the video. Would it be emotional? Sure. But knowing that every day people were seeing my relative representing what is supposed to be "the best" of the U.S. would make me swell with pride as well.

Well said.

I think that anyone who would be "offended" by an image of an American soldier in uniform would not be very likely to attend the show in the first place.

I thought of this quote while reading this thread;

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
George Orwell

Belster
10-14-2008, 08:10 PM
Actually Oprah is on ABC and she is ABC affiliated. I live in Chicago, but in some other states she is view on cbs for some reason....

PirateLover
10-14-2008, 08:54 PM
I agree with you.
I've always found that attraction to be a bit over top and a little too ego driven. Please don't flame me - I love our country as much as anyone and have worked in the government in various capacities. I also have relatives who are military. However, this attraction is so overdone it's almost a bit embarrassing.

:wait: I will not flame you. I will just say I completely disagree with you, and leave it at that.