PDA

View Full Version : If you had to miss one park, which one would it be?

bringbackhorizons
10-05-2008, 02:54 PM
Just curious! :mickey:

bringbackhorizons
10-05-2008, 02:57 PM
Forgot to add, I voted for AK.

Marilyn Michetti
10-05-2008, 03:04 PM
Whoa, what a dilemma! I can't imagine missing any of them, but I'll say AK. It's a little harder to get around in an ECV, bumpy - wise.:old:

handmaidenofprincesses
10-05-2008, 03:07 PM
I love them all, but I have to vote for AK... The biggest problem with AK, I think, is that, for those of us who go in the summer... There's next to NO air conditioning! We were there last June and by 8:30 AM, 5 minutes after we got in line for the safari, I was ready to head back to the hotel... It was so hot and sticky (especially for someone from up north like me) and except for Dinosaur (which I'm not terribly fond of), Finding Nemo the Musical (which you can only spend so much time watching), and Expedition Everest (not a rollercoaster person) everything is open air, non-airconditioned. Sorry, not for me :p

Hopefully going in January will be nicer...

cal5755
10-05-2008, 03:24 PM
I voted HS. I love all the parks but this one has the least things we like to do in it... I love AK with the Lion King being my favorite show, KRR, EE, Dinasour, KS and of course walking around seeing all the animals.

This of course is only if I HAD to miss a park.. because I would really hate to miss any of them!!

iDisney
10-05-2008, 04:06 PM
I voted Animal Kingdom... and it was indeed the one we had skipped until this year! We had been a few times since I was built, but my family said "It's nothing but a big zoo!" Well it's more than that, a lot more, but I could skip it if I absolutely had to.

Donald
10-05-2008, 04:41 PM
DHS: I don't know why, but I have never really been that excited about this one. Maybe the new 'toy story mania' will change my mind.:)

Soul_Power
10-05-2008, 06:32 PM
I voted for AK also. I like it there, don't get me wrong, it's just that I LOVE the other three!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-05-2008, 08:53 PM
I voted for AK. That park is too hot no matter what time of year you go there. We spend half a day there at most then we have to go cool off.

goofy-4-disney
10-05-2008, 09:39 PM
I also voted for AK. It's the park that we spend the least amount of time in, so if we decided to skip it, it wouldn't really make a difference on the rest of our trip.

PoohRules
10-05-2008, 10:29 PM
Since I am voting, and not DH, I selected HS. However, like everyone else, I can't imagine going to WDW and not going to all parks at least once.

If DH was voting, it would be MK. He should be ashamed, but he never went as a child and he could skip the castle all together. That is just sad. :( Yet, I got him hooked on the MNSSHP. We always go in Oct as that is how he enjoys MK. Now, he would be appalled if I mentioned skipping the party...so I don't even think about it.:nono:

glenpreece
10-05-2008, 10:37 PM
LOL Animal Kingdom!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RAIDER
10-06-2008, 06:24 AM
AK for me ..but just over DHS :thumbsup:

BritCody
10-06-2008, 06:40 AM
We try not to skip any park, but if it came down to it we would skip AK

grumpyguy
10-06-2008, 07:27 AM
i hate the thought of missing anything when at wdw let alone an entire park!!!i am often in the minority when responding to these polls.
i voted for epcot.i see lots of responses for ak.
since everest ak is a must do for us.while i think i "get" epcot and would be sad not to see
the new se,epcot loses out.

Davyjones
10-06-2008, 07:57 AM
I voted for the Studios. Been there several times and it never once interested me. I haven't been back for a few years due to the bad taste it left in my mouth.

snuggs30
10-06-2008, 08:09 AM
I voted for AK because yes it's very HOT and after 12 or so there is really nothing left to see or do. If it wasn't for Tower of Terror and Rock n roll, then i would have voted for DHS! But I am addicted to them all and glad we have all of them!

scootch713
10-06-2008, 08:20 AM
We dont' absolutely have to skip a park this year, we will be there for 7 days.... but neither of my girls want to go to AK this year. I am torn, maybe there is more than we have experienced. They loved Nemo and Lion King, but after seeing 2-3 times, they dont' care to see again. One thing we didn't see in the past was Pocohantas... and now that is gone. So right now, it is not in our itinerary. Will see if that changes or not.

sassy2000
10-06-2008, 08:57 AM
I would have to skip HS. I love the Tower of Terror and roller coaster but that's about it. I see alot of picks for AK but that is one of our family's faves. We love animals and my kids love the safari.

Sassy2000

:mickey:
Next trip Dec 6-15 CSR & POR

#1donaldfan
10-06-2008, 12:13 PM
OH MY !!!! I think I'm gonna be a BIG minority here .......

....don't get me wrong, I love the park, but IF I had to choose, I'd choose EC.....we're just not that much into the showcase, as much as some of the other parks....

....sorry....:blush:

CU Tiger
10-06-2008, 12:30 PM
Typically we can finish AK in just over ½ of a day and go to another park. I would choose AK.:mickey:

Donald Duck 001
10-06-2008, 12:37 PM
DHS is the park I go to the least. If it wasnt for Fantasmic and Tower of Terror I proably wouldnt even go there.

The other 3 parks are must do cos there is so much to do there that they never get boring.

MickeyMousse
10-06-2008, 12:38 PM
My vote was for the Studios. We usually can go through it in less than 2 hours where as AK, who is a close second, we seem to spend more time in. My DH reminds me that we also find more rides to go on as a family at AK than at Studios.

Wickster1970
10-06-2008, 12:47 PM
If I had to choose...I would pick AK by a hair over HS.

Disney fans..
10-06-2008, 12:58 PM
We finish AK in 1/2 a day tops..then maybe go back once before we leave to ride one or two rides again depending on if we have gotten to do everything else we've wanted to.

Jeff G
10-06-2008, 02:47 PM
I would go with AK as well. It's a great park but it only seems half done to me and it is just to hot. This past trip we did the Safari, EE x3, Dinosaur, ITTBAB, FOTLK & Nemo all by 1:00. When it came time to eat we tried the Yak & Yeti coutner service which was very good except we had to sit outside in the blazing heat with not much shade available in the seating area. We rode Kahli and cooled off wandered around a little and then headed out feeling we did it all by 3:00.

As for the other parks we had to go back to everyone of them a 2nd day to see what we wanted.

jwallace378
10-06-2008, 04:24 PM
I can do without AK. We go once every 2-3 trips to WDW

mouselover93
10-06-2008, 04:42 PM
i picked ak because honestly thers between 3 and 5 rides there i like

January-2007
10-06-2008, 04:54 PM
Animal Kingdom.

Ksmith75
10-06-2008, 05:20 PM
I would have to say AK. THough I love it very much....

We usually go every year for about 8-10 days...so we usually only go to AK once....we can get it done by 2pm or so...and then not much to do....

paragon
10-08-2008, 09:03 AM
We just got back from our annual trip, we hit every park multiple times and broke our record by hitting three parks in one day! But if I had to choose which one to skip, it would be Epcot. I have never really enjoyed that park although it is the one with the most open space and room to move around. I do like a few of the exhibits, but I could do a trip without seeing that park. If I had to, I'd just ride the monorail through it, that would be enough for me. We made an evening trip to see Illuminations but I felt it wasn't as good as I've heard. ( I've seen this show several times as well, and thought it was good the first time, and every time since it's just been OK. ) I like Wishes the best, followed by Fantasmic.
DHS runs a close second on my list of what park I could miss as well, though it is home of my favorite ride Rock and Roller Coaster ( that one I can't miss! )

Imagineer1981
10-08-2008, 10:31 AM
Couldn't vote...each park is too unique and brings additional value to the resort. I don't like the idea of being forced to pick one, I just love them all

Tinkerbella16
10-08-2008, 12:38 PM
I chose AK because we have never done a full day in that park. As much as I love EE, ITTBAB, and Dinosaur...the park just gets too hot by the afternoon. So we go there first thing when it opens to do our faves and leave. I could not go to WDW and miss MK or Epcot...my two absolute faves. And DHS I can do almost a whole day, and take my time, get on ToT, RnRC, TSM, GMR, and others and just take in the atmosphere at the park. I can dedicate 2 full days to MK and Epcot each, that is how much I love them! :mickey:

bertasso59
10-08-2008, 06:12 PM
I went to AK for the first time 4 years ago.The next trip we took was two weeks ago and if it wasnt for EE(which we watched being built last trip)I would have been fine in skipping it all together.On future trips I'll skip AK in lieu of one extra day in EPCOT.
However,if dreams come true and Beastlie Kingdom ever gets built,AK will be back on the schedule.

ravsluvdisney
10-08-2008, 06:42 PM
Now that our DS' are old enough to get around sans stroller all parks are a go. EPCOT used to be the hard one because it is so large and the wee ones didn't have much to do. If one needs to be missed it would be HS. Just not a heck of alot to do. R&RC and TofT, a few cool shows, lots of autographs to be had....but we'll be hitting them all 27 days!!!! :joy:

Tink#64
10-08-2008, 11:40 PM
It's unthinkable for us to plan a WDW & not plan to visit all 4 parks, but this happened to us this year! We had planned all 4, but we had terrible weather driving down & got there a day later than planned & we all agreed the only park we would sacrifice would be AK! We definitely missed going there, we have some fav attractions there, but myself, DH & both DS's prefer the other 3 parks. We opted instead for 2 days each of MK & Epcot (which is what we always do) and one day for DHS.

dtootsie42
10-09-2008, 12:36 AM
Ivoted for AK....it is the one park that we only spend a half day....it is always packed to the gills and as much as I love the animals and as much as my family loves Dinosaur, EE, and other things it just gets to be to much to handle.

TINKinTX
10-09-2008, 01:00 AM
Voted for AK....it's hard, but I prefer just to run over there for a quick ride on Expedition Everest and then head back to another park to finish the rest of the day.

CaptSmee
10-09-2008, 01:02 AM
I voted AK, but if for some reason I was only there for 3 days (which would never happen!) I would split a day between AK & DHS and squeeze 'em all in. Just might not be able to hit all everything I normally would. It would be like a "best of" day at those 2 parks!

beksy
10-09-2008, 10:59 PM
I'd go with AK because of the heat issues PPs have mentioned. We like it but can't take the heat and it can get hot even in the cooler months when we travel! I would hate to miss any of them, but as long as I get my MK fix I'm content! :secret:

Phantasia
10-09-2008, 11:29 PM
It would be awful to have to make this call! BUT, if it did come down to it, I would sadly have to say AK. I love it, am really, really looking forward to attractions I haven't seen (like EE), but I have fewer memories associated with AK than any of the other parks.

Lame reason, I know. ;)

TinkerbellT421
10-10-2008, 11:20 AM
I will go with AK. Me and DBF just had this conversation not too long ago. One of these trips we are going to try to do two in one year or not get as many tickets and we voted to skip AK if that was the case. Nothing has really changed there and feel we have seen it all and done it all there and it wouldnt hurt or kill us to miss it one trip. We would rather spend the extra time in MK or Epcot! :number1: :mickey:

Mackflava99
10-10-2008, 11:58 AM
Sad poll- i dont want to do without any of them- they all have their flavor-

AK has gotten its share of bad reviews but i feel they are unjust because its not supposed to be like the other parks, even though people expect it to be. These are not animatronic animals, they are real...

King Triton
10-11-2008, 08:56 AM
I'm always in the minority on this one, but if I had to skip one, its always Hollywood Studios for me.

AK is improving and DHS has been going downhill. But, I haven't been since Toy Story Mania opened, so I'll have to get over there and check it out.

Whats frustrating to me about DHS is that if you aren't into RnRC adn ToT, there isn't much to do, especially in the morning. Many of the attractions, other than Star Tours, don't really get going until very late morning or even early afternoon.

DNS
10-11-2008, 11:08 AM
The studios. We spend little time there anyway.

eeyoresbest
10-11-2008, 12:56 PM
I def. voted for AK. I really dont like the park we go there for about an hour and that is it

Simba's Mom
10-11-2008, 01:33 PM
I'm so sad to see AK outdistancing the next park by 2-1. I love that park, but I don't have young kids. I admit that if you have young kids, and pushing a stroller especially, that it might not be your favorite. I could just sit on benches, or stand and watch the animals for hours. I'm a birder so I can spend an hour in one of the aviaries.

dmosher
10-11-2008, 03:57 PM
This was a really hard one to choose! Though there are things about each park that would allow me to say.. ehh... I can live without it this trip, there is always at least 1 thing that makes you say.. oh wait, no! I can't!
Curse you Disney for being so awesome! Grrr , oh well guess I will vote on this one, but my heart is not in it.
:pipes:
D

pixiesmimi
10-11-2008, 04:13 PM
AK. We have been one time and it was so hot and not much to do that we haven't been back. The temperature just outside the gates was at least 20 degrees cooler than inside. That kind of heat really wears on tempers. We don't miss it. Although, this upcoming trip DH may want to go on EE but that probably would be the only thing other than maybe the safari that we would do there.

Crow
10-12-2008, 03:32 AM
I agree w the majority this time
AK

Mom2princesses
10-12-2008, 09:33 AM
We had this problem on our last trip and since we had a 3 year old we skipped Studios. I figured it would come down to AK or DS. But we love AK.

cinderellagrl
10-12-2008, 10:04 AM
Ahhh I thought this would be a closer race between AK and DH. I just love AK. While I feel there are just a few good rides at DH shoved into a lot of open space with little detail, AK is overflowing with detail. Even though there are few rides at AK, THERE IS SOOO MUCH to look at! AK is the one park where I feel like I can really take my time and explore all the park has to offer. I love to sit and take in the sites in Harambe, stroll through the jungle trails, make my way around the exotic world, and most importantly JUST BREATH. AK is the only park where I feel like I can enter and not rush to a ride, but enter slowly and take it all in! I love the addition of AK and would hope to never miss it!

NewmanFamily6
10-12-2008, 11:54 AM
For us it would have to be HS. That could change when we go in Jan though. Now that the kiddos can get on RNR & TOT. Also with TSM for the twins we could be there a bit-lol. I could never miss AK as I love the animals:mickey:

Bethanymouse
10-12-2008, 12:20 PM
I felt the same way as almost everyone else here.....AK would be the one I would skip. If it wasnt for Everest I dont even know if we would make it a point to go every trip.

laward32
10-12-2008, 01:18 PM
I had to go with AK. We definately don't miss MK or Epcot and now that my youngest DD's favorite ride is TOT we don't miss DHS. AK is beautiful but to me it is a half day park. And if I only had time for 3 parks it would be the one I skip.:mickey:

Dickson Thunder
10-12-2008, 02:05 PM
DHS: I don't know why, but I have never really been that excited about this one. Maybe the new 'toy story mania' will change my mind.:)

I agree with Donald, I voted for DHS. I would have voted for AK a couple of years ago.

Greenlawler
10-13-2008, 01:47 PM
Although this year we hardly spent any time in Epcot my vote would be for AK.

DHS is the best park for characters, and its also the best park for a family with 3 little boys. Power Rangers, Toy Story, and Star Wars! We spent nearly half our vacation at DHS this year.

Momof2boys
10-13-2008, 03:05 PM
I'm shocked that people would rather miss AK than DHS :confused:

Daisy'sMom
10-13-2008, 04:39 PM
I have to say AK. I just don't think it has that much to offer. It's nice for a morning visit, but we never spend a whole day there.
:mickey:

sdewan
10-13-2008, 04:56 PM
Wow, I'm shocked that AK is winning this poll in a landslide. I think its got a unique charm, and we frequently go there just to stroll around and see the various animals on display.

Maybe I'm a little biased, but I could live without Hollywood Studios. But since I'm a Disneyland local I get to see 4 of DHS's attractions whenever I want.

kelly.garrett
10-14-2008, 01:21 AM
I voted for Epcot.

BeccaO
10-14-2008, 01:33 PM
I voted for Animal Kingdom, my least favorite of all the parks. I like it, I don't love it!

Bethany0517
10-14-2008, 01:41 PM
I went to Hollywood Studios and was bored within the hour and we left after only 3 hours, their is nothing there unless you want to wait forever for shows. AK was amazing, but I am a huge wildife lover, and I think it is by far the best zoo I have ever been too. And expedition Everest was so much fun!!

TheWizofDiz
10-14-2008, 03:28 PM
I would probably always pass on the AK, even though there are some real cool attractions there. It will grow in popularity as time marches on!:thumbsup:

wedway76
10-14-2008, 04:25 PM
Hands down AK. :sleepin: No question!

mudpuppysmom
10-14-2008, 10:12 PM
I voted for the Studios......we usually do this park the day we get there (and spend about four or five hours there) and then it is "out of the way". Now Epcot.....we spend three days there and AK we spend two days at!!

We only do a few things at the Studios and are pretty much finished......DS does not like TOT and he is not ready for RnRC yet (my call, not his.....I don't think his neck is ready). He also does not like B&B show, but I drag him every few trips! We do the "boy" stuff only......even though I'm a girl!!

DisneyDoug2
10-15-2008, 09:51 AM
I voted for Epcot, its a nice park but with small children there is just to much walking without a lot of rides.

indytraveler
10-15-2008, 10:14 AM
AK is the least favorite of our 4 parks, BY FAR. Only thing that keeps us going there is EE, Kilamanjaro Safari, and Bugs Life show.

magicgal
10-15-2008, 07:40 PM
For me it would be DHS, other than a few things, it really bores me. I do love TOT and RnR, but compared to the other parks, this one is my least favorite.

However, I can't wait to try Toy Story Mania out in Jan.

Mousemates
10-16-2008, 09:41 AM
It depends....if its a summer visit I would pass on the AK...it always feels hot there, it closes early and the heat makes the animal a little lethargic.

In the winter, I'd be more apt to take a pass on Epcot.

Mackflava99
10-16-2008, 09:51 AM
iNTERESTING RSULTS-

More than 50% ( 56% actually) selected AK-Its higher than all the others added together-
Is it because its new and less of a tradition or is it just because it doesnt have as many rides, or is it just because its different.
I also picked AK, but in reality i dont want to miss any of the 4- but since AK isnt as much of a tradition,,, i could miss it ( we actually did this year)
MK has too much and i wouldnt miss, so die epcot- and with DHS, TOT and RRC are a big draw-
Everest is one of our favorite rides and my kids have been giving me alot of heat for not going this year- but we will be going there first thing this time.
**I also wonder how anyone can list MK as one they would miss? Is that accurate?

WVParkfan
10-16-2008, 03:12 PM
I really can't stand questions like this. What it really means is "I hate the Animal Kingdom, and I'm posting a poll so that everyone will agree with me."

We get it. Some of you don't like the AK.

Good.

Don't go.

That will leave more room for those of us who love it.

WVParkfan
10-16-2008, 03:14 PM
I really can't stand questions like this. What it really means is "I hate the Animal Kingdom, and I'm posting a poll so that everyone will agree with me."

We get it. Some of you don't like the AK.

Good.

Don't go.

That will leave more room for those of us who love it.

**I also wonder how anyone can list MK as one they would miss? Is that accurate?

Yep, that's accurate. Some people actually prefer the other parks to the MK. Too kiddy for us. We only visit the MK 1 out of 4 trips. But we never miss Epcot or the AK.

bringbackhorizons
10-16-2008, 04:53 PM
[QUOTE=WVParkfan;1763100]I really can't stand questions like this. What it really means is "I hate the Animal Kingdom, and I'm posting a poll so that everyone will agree with me."

No not at all, like I said I'm just curious. If I wanted to start a thread pulling AK apart I would have, but I don't I just wanted other people's opinions.

arsenal3
10-16-2008, 06:33 PM
I love them all but if i had to it would be Disney Studios

GrmGrninGost
10-17-2008, 12:33 PM
For me it would definitely be AK. I love it, just not as much as the others.

Stickey
10-17-2008, 12:54 PM
Skipping a park is not an option.

If for some reason time was limited, then it would be necessary to hop between the four parks.

Based on park attractions, Epcot FW would be the easiest to cut-back on your park time.

GrumpyFan
10-17-2008, 01:00 PM
Animal Kingdom. There's just not enough there to see and do that I would miss. However, I would miss EE, and FOTLK show.

Good question. It kinda shows what park needs the most attention/improvement. Maybe Disney will pay attention and add something.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
10-17-2008, 04:06 PM
AK only for the heat factor... Emmy's order:

1. MK
2. Epcot
3. DHS
4. AK

mainemajor
10-17-2008, 08:45 PM
My vote is for the studios. this is one of the hardest questions ever posted. A few years ago I would have chosen AK, but with EE there, I could not skip it.

JPL
10-17-2008, 09:06 PM
The Studios without a doubt not much to do there and with the new attraction times announced it would be poorest use of my time.