PDA

View Full Version : Closing and Refurbishment Schedule

JoelB-Mass
10-04-2008, 04:33 PM
We are traveling to WDW January 11-19, 2009. I have just now noticed on the Disney Web Sight that Splash Mountain is closed through the 17th and Mickeys Philharmagic is closed beginning on the 18th. This information is not yet on the Intercot Web sight.

A couple of questions...First how often is the Intercot web sight updated for the latest closing information?

Second, this is the 2nd year in a row that Splash mountain will be closed during January. Does WDW realize that some people (like us) travel during the same dates every year? Couldn't they vary the dates of closings somewhat?

Thanks all,
Joel

Polynesian Dweller
10-04-2008, 05:35 PM
:welcome:
Welcome to the forums, I think you're going to find things very helpful here. People here are very helpful.

The Intercot moderators are really good about getting info about the rehabs up quickly. I was just looking on a couple of other sites and they don't have these either so this must be new info. You can count on Intercot to be as up to date as possible and to be accurate.

I share your frustration about the rehabs. We always run up against some favorites being closed. BMTRR seems to be rehabed often when we get there. Disney. I'm sure, is aware of people returning at the same time, but rehab does have to happen and scheduling can be important if they need certain things done and need to match a contractor's availablilty. If I read your post right both of the attractions will be up for part of your stay so at least its a small possitive though it frustrating to have the limitations.

Enjoy your trip and enjoy your time on this board, its got great folks on it and some of the best and friendliest discussion around.