PDA

View Full Version : Good idea for families

Hair_Razor
10-04-2008, 02:52 PM
I'm not sure if I am posting this in the correct place or not but, I was at AK the other day and I saw a cast member with a lost little boy. The little boy was wearing a light blue shirt that looked like an iron on. I then happened to see the woman wearing the same shirt and could tell she was frantic so I showed her where the cast member was with her boy. I would have probably not noticed if they hadn't been wearing the same shirt. I just thought this would be helpful idea for anyone traveling to the parks with small children.

GrumpyFan
10-04-2008, 03:27 PM
That IS a good idea.

Another one along these lines, If you have a digital camera, take a picture of your kids every morning before you get into the parks. This way, you can easily remember what they're wearing, or even give a picture to someone else. I usually start taking pictures at the bus stop. By the time we get to the parks, I've usually snapped at least half a dozen pictures of everybody, except myself, hope I don't get lost. ;)

KAT1811
10-08-2008, 08:27 PM
How lucky was that mother?! A lost boy came up to me last year at BB and just took my hand. I have three children one of whom was an infant at the time so apparently he thought I was okay. I took him to the lost child area and shortly after his parents found him. Scary.

TINKinTX
10-09-2008, 01:04 AM
Thank you for the great advice on taking photos. Even if I am at the mall, I try hard to remember the clothes, but taking a photo or wearing matching shirts is so much better. Great suggestions.:mickey:

yjgirl32
10-09-2008, 08:14 AM
The last time we went to DW there were 6 adults and my DS3 and instead of my DS getting lost my Aunt (who has bad eyesight) got lost from us. On our next trip we have started getting matching shirts for the entire stay. That is such a great idea- along with taking the picture in the morning.

Imagineer1981
10-09-2008, 09:52 AM
Please do know that CMs are trained to look out for lost children or ones that appear lost. They will approach a child that looks like he is alone and make sure everything is ok. If the parents cannot be located. That CM will stay with the child no matter what, unless relieved by Disney Security. Needless to say, Disney takes children's safety very seriously.

WDWFanatic
10-09-2008, 10:13 AM
The matching shirts really help with a big party. We tend to travel in a pack 12-16 and it's so easy to spot parts of our group when we are matching.

I love the take a picture idea.

They also say for little kids get a dog tag made for their sneaker with you cell phone number on it.

Wickster1970
10-09-2008, 12:45 PM
That IS a good idea.

Another one along these lines, If you have a digital camera, take a picture of your kids every morning before you get into the parks. This way, you can easily remember what they're wearing, or even give a picture to someone else. I usually start taking pictures at the bus stop. By the time we get to the parks, I've usually snapped at least half a dozen pictures of everybody, except myself, hope I don't get lost. ;)

I like the digital picture idea. I will probably do that.
Thanks!:number1:

FreFam5
10-09-2008, 02:25 PM
How lucky was that mother?! A lost boy came up to me last year at BB and just took my hand. I have three children one of whom was an infant at the time so apparently he thought I was okay. I took him to the lost child area and shortly after his parents found him. Scary.

I tell my kids to look for a woman with a couple of kids - I figure a mom will be the most sympathetic and helpful to a lost child.

KAT1811
10-09-2008, 02:36 PM
I tell my kids to look for a woman with a couple of kids - I figure a mom will be the most sympathetic and helpful to a lost child.

That makes sense. I felt so sorry for the lost boy. He quickly became my friend on our little walk to the lost child area telling me about his family, his trip, his name, etc. Scary, I hope none of my children ever get separated from us I think I would lose my mind with worry!

wire0monkey
10-09-2008, 04:45 PM
I've done this with plain, solid color tshirts, sometimes to the great amusement of the cast members.

We had one tour guide who referred to us as "the orange people." (We had on orange t-shirts.)

Ie. "Hello, orange people!"

wire0monkey
10-09-2008, 04:47 PM
The other thing that I've done with my kids is buy engraved dog-tags from Petsmart. I put their first names, my cell phone #, and their dad's cell # on the tag. I use a safety pin to attach it to the bottom of the shirt. It's small, so it doesn't get in the way, and it's noticeable to a cast member.

I tell my kids to give show a cast member their dog tags, if they're lost.

Stitchahula
10-10-2008, 07:54 AM
My son is speech delayed so we made him up a card with his name on it and the cell #'s of all the adults he was traveling with. He was told that if he got lost to find a CM go into a store or up to one of the concessions (food places) and give them his card. Thankfully he never had to use it.

ariel326
10-10-2008, 10:17 AM
My son took off on me when he was 3 I was taking him to the bathroom at the Liberty Tree Tavern, we went up stairs and he ran down the stairs right out the front door which was open...I freaked out didnt know which way to go look for him. I went to the cast member at the front door and told her want was going on, and asked what should I do? I wanted to run to the front gate to make sure he didn't get out. She said stay right here, they immediatly called security and would not let anyone out of the park til he was found. So I stood on the porch and a few minutes which seemed like hours I spotted him just walking around.

Momof2boys
10-10-2008, 10:29 AM
Last year I bought bright orange Mickey baseball hats from the Disney Store. We wore them and it was very easy to look for the orange heads to find the boys or even my husband. I thought they worked a little better because you can always see peoples heads but not necessarily their shirts.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
10-10-2008, 07:18 PM
Since the CM's are not allowed to touch kids to look for any ID... What I did during our visit a few weeks ago was take one of the stickers that they hand out all over the place... put it on the back of each of the kids shirts... and with a sharpee put my cell # on it. THat way if either of the kids "lost us" the CM could call me easily... (My younger girl (2) is speech delayed... and my older one (4) is too shy to talk to anyone and would never be able to remember giving someone a card with info on it!