PDA

View Full Version : reviews on Yak&Yeti

DisneyLoversx4
10-04-2008, 01:57 AM
Has anyone tried Yak & Yeti's? What did you think?

Donald
10-04-2008, 09:48 AM
Our family enjoyed it. The food was very good and the decor was beautiful. We had an awesome waiter, also!:mickey: I had the orange duck w/ jasmine rice-very good! My son had the kids meal eggroll and loved it! (of course my other son had chicken tenders - I swear he is going to turn into a chicken tender!) I believe my husband had the sweet and sour pork(?)-and enjoyed it as well.

Maleficent's Dad
10-04-2008, 09:49 AM
We ate there in late August and were pleasantly surprised. While it's not the best meal we've ever had in WDW, it did not disappoint. We lump it into the "safe" category - meaning it's a decent place to eat and most will find something on the menu.

As far as the AK goes, it runs circles around the Rainforest Cafe (IMO). While it aspires to be higher end Asian fare, it doesn't quite get there all the way. We tried to compare it to P.F. Chang's, and it comes up short in that comparison. However, we will be visiting again - in both January and February - because (1) it's pretty good, and (2) there's really no competition in the park for a good lunch!

luvdiznee
10-04-2008, 09:58 AM
I can only speak for the Mango Pie. And I will say it was very good. I did get this inside the restaurant, at the bar, so I did get to see a bit of the restaurant. It looked very nice inside. I wouldn't mind going one day. :mickey:

Bethanymouse
10-04-2008, 12:39 PM
I am going to have to disagree. We ate there in August and we were sadly disappointed. We were very excited to try something new and this looked like the perfect place. The decor is great, the food, not so much. We ordered the pot stickers as our appetizer, they were ok, nothing to write home about. We both ordered the Chicken Lo Mein as our meal. It was terrible. It tasted like dishwater- really it did. For dessert we got the fried wontons and shared them. Anthony enjoyed the dessert a lot, the best of the meal I guess. We will not be returning at all.

faline
10-04-2008, 12:41 PM
We ate there as few weeks ago. The appetizer was quite good. Our entrees rather ordinary - nothing outstanding.

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
10-04-2008, 12:50 PM
I can only speak for the Mango Pie. And I will say it was very good. I did get this inside the restaurant, at the bar, so I did get to see a bit of the restaurant. It looked very nice inside. I wouldn't mind going one day. :mickey:

Yes, yes, yes!!! The mango pie was GREAT! We had it last month when we were at WDW and both would go back again and have it!

Also, the rest of the meal was great too. Highly recommend it!

Chris :hatter:

cal5755
10-04-2008, 01:04 PM
Our family went... we were a table of twelve. It is in our top 5 at Disney. We had a great waiter, the decor is great and we loved the food. My mom, Aunt Apple and I share apps and meals so we had pot stickers, mussels and egg rolls ...all great. For meals we had lo mein, honey chicken and sweet and sour pork. The lo mein was our least favorite but not terrible. Dessert was fried wontons and the sorbet...both delicious. My son had the duck and he loved it and my husband had the tempura shrimp and said he loved it as well. The portions were HUGE though and the apps would have been plenty for a meal!! We will be returning again in 09 if we keep our booking for next year!!

big blue and hairy
10-04-2008, 02:19 PM
I am going to have to disagree. We ate there in August and we were sadly disappointed. We were very excited to try something new and this looked like the perfect place. The decor is great, the food, not so much. We ordered the pot stickers as our appetizer, they were ok, nothing to write home about. We both ordered the Chicken Lo Mein as our meal. It was terrible. It tasted like dishwater- really it did. For dessert we got the fried wontons and shared them. Anthony enjoyed the dessert a lot, the best of the meal I guess. We will not be returning at all.:ditto:
Almost exactly the same as our experience, except my wife got sick to her stomach. :sick:

:sulley:

KatMark
10-04-2008, 03:21 PM
Here's the review I did when we returned last month. It was our second favorite meal of the trip:

Yak & Yeti. I was a little leary of this place because I had read mixed reviews. However, my DH really likes this type of food (I'm not crazy) for it, so I said we'd give it a try. I am so glad we did. If it had not been for LeCellier, it could have taken #1 in our favorites. Shelley & Tom had the Shaoxing Steak & Shrimp and gave it two thumbs up (I tried a piece of the steak and it was great). DH had the Duck with Anadapur Glaze with Jasmine Rice and Stir Fried Vegtables and cleaned his plate. I had the Sweet/Sour Pork with White Rice and Stir Fried Vegetables. I wish there had been more Sweet/Sour Pork--it was that good and I finished the entire plate (excpet vegetables--not a big vegetable eater--especially stir fried).
We had the Mango Pie and Chocolate Brownie Sundaes for dessert (we boxed three of them to take back to the CSR because we were stuffed).

svarhall07
10-05-2008, 01:28 AM
I was there in May for lunch at it was wonderful. This was my first time, and we were so surprised at how detailed the theme was. You really feel like you're in Asia. We only waited about 5 minutes to be seated. I had the egg roles for an app, and my friend had the fried pot stickers. For our meals, I had the sweet and sour chicken, and she had the noodles (shes a vegetarian). We both loved the bold flavors and good portions. Will return for sure.

Crow
10-05-2008, 04:50 PM
ate there last month & liked it. Id eat there again. had an app, fish & the wonton dessert. and some sake

wendy*darling
10-05-2008, 10:20 PM
We just had lunch there last Thursday- LOVED IT! :tasty:

We were 4 adults, had an ADR for 12:30pm and were seated upstairs at the window.
Lovely view, excellent server.
Were were on the DlxDDP and used 1TS for this meal.
For appetizers, we had Ahi Tuna, Pot Stickers, Lettuce Cups and Fried Green Beans. All were very tasty and fun to share.
Our entrees- Miso Salmon, Lo Mein, Beef & Broccoli and Steak & Shrimp. The only complaint here was that the "tempura" shrimp really was battered (like sweet & sour pork/shrimp/etc.).
Desserts- 2 mango pies and 2 sorbets.

We all thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of the meal. :thumbsup:

tigger_ttfn
10-08-2008, 08:22 PM
We are trying it for the first time in January. Has anyone tried the Prawn Flavored Crisps appy?

It sounds similar to the appy we got at Emerils Tchoup Chop at Universal Studios, but I wondered if it was the same thing. It was REALLY good - weird, but good. :thumbsup:

cer
10-09-2008, 12:51 PM
Only restaurant we have gone to that my husband said, "Must do next time."

We enjoyed the Baby Back Ribs Plate-DH keeps wanting me to get the recipe for the cole slaw (and he isn't even a cole slaw eater!)

Loved the fried wonton dessert.

We had a yummy experience here.

prprincess
10-09-2008, 01:33 PM
We ate there back in April and absolutely loved it. I had the skirt steak entree and the fried wontons for dessert--fabulous! Probably one of the best meals that I've had at WDW. I also love the decor, too--I took a ton of pictures there.

TBY2225
10-09-2008, 03:56 PM
We had an early lunch 11:30 at Yak and Yeti. We were seated immediately and although it wasn’t busy when we sat down, when we left the place was packed! I did like the themeing and the bamboo ceiling and artifacts were nice to look at. I have read reviews about bad service, but we didn’t encounter that at all. Our server was very good, kept our drinks full, talked with us, and apologized that our food was taking a little while to come out. The only thing I didn’t like is that there isn’t any bread or anything to snack on, but that was fine because when the food did come out, there was a lot of it. I got the steak and shrimp combo with white rice and veggies. The steak was very tender and flavorful. I didn’t need any sauce for it and the portion was big! I was given 5 large tempura shrimp that were also very good. They were not greasy and were served with a really nice Asian dipping sauce. The rice was well cooked and the veggies were really nice. It was a mix of peppers, mushrooms, onions, snow peas and had a great flavor as well. I got the mango pie for dessert and it was smooth, tangy and creamy. DH got the ribs. They were good, but not the best I have ever had. They were not fatty and had lots of meat, but not much flavor. There wasn’t much sauce or rub on them. His fried rice was good though. He got the fried wantons and pineapple for dessert. We both loved it. The wontons had cream cheese inside and were served with huge bits of pineapple and ice cream. DD got chicken nuggets, rice and fries. She didn’t like the rice, so DS and I ate it. She liked the nuggets and fries a lot and had an ice cream sundae from dessert. It did take a little longer for lunch than I would like, but overall it was a very good experience and I will definitely be back.

artyboy
10-11-2008, 02:53 PM
We had an exceptional lunch there. Highly recommend!

We did an assortment of appetizers, kind of like eating tapas, and our server was wonderful.

...and the sake selection was nice!

dixielandings
10-12-2008, 10:53 AM
I'm glad to hear the positive reviews. DH and I have tried it once for lunch. We didn't hate it but we were underwhelmed. We have eaten at the CS place just outside Y&Y twice and it's great! Our Y&Y experience was also dampened by the unexpected fact that we cannot use our Dining Experience discount card there b/c it is not owned by Disney. This is also true at a couple of other newer restaurants on the property and probably a separate discussion thread.

Anyway, we should probably try Y&Y again.

biodtl
10-13-2008, 10:37 AM
We were there last week and the Shrimp Lo Mein, Sweet & Sour Chicken and Beef & Broccoli were all good. But the Lettuce Cups appetizer and Sorbet and Fried Wonton desserts were fabulous!

Airblue1
10-14-2008, 12:44 PM
we enjoyed the food so much we are doing it again

It is a great asian food experience

Marker
10-14-2008, 01:09 PM
We tried it in September, and both really enjoyed our meal. I also thought the theming was really cool.

I had the Shaoxing Steak & Shrimp, my daughter had the Maple Tamarind Chicken and we shared an order of Pork Egg Rolls.

We will gladly go back.

If allowed here are the pictures:
http://family.webshots.com/photo/2012721240026324774zSLDJL?vhost=family
http://family.webshots.com/photo/2320424280026324774FCKtzf?vhost=family

1EeyoreFan
10-14-2008, 07:52 PM
We dined there for the first time last week. DH and I both had the steak and shrimp. I had the won-tons for dessert and DH had the mango pie. DD enjoyed the chicken nuggets and ice cream. We had an upstairs window seat that was great for people watching and keeping DD occupied. Our service was wonderful! Our server was very attentive and familiar with the menu. She even explained that the tip amount was only suggested not mandated. WOW...didn't see that coming! lol. We had a very filling but enjoyable lunch. Needless to say, we didn't need to use our counter service credits for dinner that night.