PDA

View Full Version : Apps at Chefs de France

PoohRules
10-03-2008, 11:51 PM
We are on the Deluxe plan and currently have ADR's for Chefs de France. Can anyone provide suggestions on appetizers for our dinner?

Also, I have never tried escargots. Is this a good place to try them? Is there a more common food they taste similar too?

Thanks! Two more weeks!:joy:

AHOTE
10-04-2008, 01:50 AM
You'll be there during the Food & Wine Festival :wine: so you can try Escargot at the food kiosk at the French pavillion. I tried it last year on a dare. You can use a snack credit. It's a small portion just to give you a taste. If you find you like them you can order a full Escargot appetizer later with your meal. BTW it was quite good as were the French wine selections. :thumbsup: Have a great trip.

32 more days, but who's counting :cloud9: :party2: :woohoo: :wait:

Natazu
10-04-2008, 02:01 AM
We are on the Deluxe plan and currently have ADR's for Chefs de France. Can anyone provide suggestions on appetizers for our dinner?

Also, I have never tried escargots. Is this a good place to try them? Is there a more common food they taste similar too?

Thanks! Two more weeks!:joy:

I can't suggest an appetizer but I can tell you that this isn't the place to try escargot for the first time. Chefs de France is inconsistent at best. Escargot can easily taste like soggy cardboard soaked in garlic. It's all about quality and preparation. For great escargot, try Le Coq au Vin on South Orange in Orlando.

TheRustyScupper
10-04-2008, 09:45 AM
. . . Chefs de France is inconsistent at best . . . For great escargot, try Le Coq au Vin on South Orange in Orlando . . .

1) I have to agree with both these statements.
2) I think due to DDP, Chefs has gone downhill more than a bit.
3) However, the Snails and Mushroom Cassolette at upstairs Bistro is quite good.

ElenitaB
10-04-2008, 11:47 AM
Our first and only experience with escargots was onboard the Wonder, so I can't tell you about how they are over at Chef. What I can tell you is that I had a wonderful, wonderful French Onion soup at Chef de France! Looking forward to having it again in December. :eat:

Natazu
10-04-2008, 03:34 PM
1) I have to agree with both these statements.
2) I think due to DDP, Chefs has gone downhill more than a bit.
3) However, the Snails and Mushroom Cassolette at upstairs Bistro is quite good.Oops, yes. Bistro is excellent. I forgot about them.

Our first and only experience with escargots was onboard the Wonder, so I can't tell you about how they are over at Chef. What I can tell you is that I had a wonderful, wonderful French Onion soup at Chef de France! Looking forward to having it again in December. :eat:Ellen, like 30 seconds ago, my mother just said how good the escargot was on the ship. Freaky, huh?