PDA

View Full Version : Crowds in November

snuggs30
10-03-2008, 10:53 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows how the crowds are in November? we are going to be there Nov. 9-16th and just wondered how it would be?

illini
10-04-2008, 02:59 AM
That's the same general time frame we went last year. Crowds were very low. We were there until the Sun before Thanksgiving, and that weekend the crowds picked up a lot, but earlier in the week was perfect.
I'm not sure when Jersey week is this year, though. That might have some impact.

VWL Mom
10-04-2008, 07:34 AM
Jersey week is the 1st week in Nov this year, even then crowds are not bad. If you are going to DHS you may want to go during the week to avoid SuperSoap Weekend crowds.

Tinkerbella16
10-04-2008, 07:42 AM
Its a great time to go!! It is not crowded at all.. We go the second week of Nov every year. We will also be there the 9-15, so see ya there!!!
:mickey:

snuggs30
10-04-2008, 01:57 PM
Hey tinkerbella are you going to be at Tink's place? hahaa I am going to be running back there! haha! I have been waiting since 1975 to meet my girl Tink! Can you imagine a 38 yr. old running back to be the first one there?? haha:tink::pixie::dance::hug::party2::magic:

WDWFanatic
10-04-2008, 02:27 PM
The last two years we went this week and it was great. Just avoid DS during soap weekend. I think the Osborne light are going up later this year, but we loved seeing them also.

Have a great trip!

Dyanna
10-05-2008, 05:06 PM
We will be joining you during this time as we will be there from the 7th to the 15th.:cloud9:

"SULLEY "RULES!!
10-05-2008, 09:09 PM
DH and I will be down there from 11/24 thru 12/5... Crowds will be high during the first half of our trip, but we expected that due to Thanksgiving. Early December is usually more light. Either way, we're going to have a FANTASTIC time ..:number1::thumbsup:

snuggs30
10-06-2008, 08:12 AM
Can't wait Dyanna can you? :cloud9:

Dyanna
10-06-2008, 02:51 PM
Can't wait Dyanna can you? :cloud9:

Is it too early to pack now?:party:

Tinkerbella16
10-06-2008, 03:24 PM
Is it too early to pack now?:party:

It is not too early at all!!! I usually have my suitcase up in and opened on my bedroom floor 6 months before the trip. This year I haven't even brought it up yet...but since you just reminded me, I will get it tonight and start putting some warm-weather clothes in it for the evenings when I'm there. :mickey:

snuggs30
10-06-2008, 03:40 PM
Do you think we will need jeans and sweatshirts?

Dyanna
10-06-2008, 04:09 PM
I am wearing lightweight jeans/sweats during the day & taking a sweatshirt for the evenings. I always tend to get cold & want to be prepared. Packing for my soon to be 23 month old DD will be another story. She is warm all the time, her feet especially. (Definately has my husbands blood in her veins)Will just take a sweat jacket for her at night too.

I am so excited I can't contain myself. :joy::party2::woohoo: This will be our last time for a few years.:cry::pout::crying::fit:

Tinkerbella16
10-06-2008, 04:20 PM
It is chilly in the mornings, and then it warms up as the day goes on, and at night it is chilly again...but the warm weather during the day is not hot weather, it is just right..so you should be comfortable. That is why I love going in november. Last year we didn't get a drop of rain, and it was sunny all week long! I usually pack capri jeans/pants for the day and a pair of jeans or long pants for the nights. I always buy a WDW hoodie with the year on it the day I arrive so that I have it for the week.

Soooo excited!!! :yay::woohoo::joy:

BoricuaBell
10-06-2008, 05:04 PM
Hey guys, I'm going to WDW from Nov. 9 to the 15th too! I'm so excited! Thanks for the weather info. I needed to know for my 4 and 1 year old. See ya real soon!

"SULLEY "RULES!!
10-06-2008, 07:19 PM
DH and I will be going down from 11/24 thru 12/5. Weather changes through out the day. You just have to be PREPARED!!!!!! We're bringing shorts, jeans, capris, hoodies, sweatshirts and evening wear for dinners.:turkey::santa:

7 weeks to go from today...:woohoo::yay::clappy::joy:

OregonPachey
10-06-2008, 07:44 PM
I am so glad you asked this question! We will be there from the 8th to the 15th as well and I was curious about the crowds.

Clarabelle Cow
10-06-2008, 09:10 PM
This is our most favorite time of year to go too! See ya'll there Nov. 8th thru the 23rd.

Clarabelle Cow

snuggs30
10-07-2008, 09:06 AM
WOW, sounds like a lot of people will be there that week! Hope everyone has a good time and I hope one of us wins a night at the castle!!! :cloud9:

snuggs30
10-07-2008, 09:08 AM
It is not too early at all!!! I usually have my suitcase up in and opened on my bedroom floor 6 months before the trip. This year I haven't even brought it up yet...but since you just reminded me, I will get it tonight and start putting some warm-weather clothes in it for the evenings when I'm there. :mickey:

Well did you get your suitcase out? haha

Tinkerbella16
10-07-2008, 12:52 PM
Well did you get your suitcase out? haha

Yessss I did!!! I couldn't believe I waited this long to even bring it up LOL! :D

rt207
10-07-2008, 07:09 PM
I brought out a suitcase this week, also. I'll be there the same week, but splitting the week with Universal for the first time...

Louiseec
10-08-2008, 12:05 AM
It's a great time to go. The weather is nice and the crowds are not too big. Just went in September and it was too hot.:mickey:

ravsluvdisney
10-08-2008, 07:18 PM
As Jersey week veterans (from NJ after all!) we have always had a great time with the crowds always manageable and the weather in the mid 70's to 80's during the day. Little rain. We're out of here 11/4 thru 11/12. I'll be proudly wearing my Intercot tee for all to see!!

:yay:

sorarail
10-09-2008, 07:53 AM
We'll be there Nov 8-14th - We travel to WDW every five years for our major anniversaries - This one will be #25!
We've never experienced large crowds - waits for rides are normally quite short if you have to wait at all!
(We went one year during Christmas - never again!)
This time next month - we'll be waking up at WDW! Yippee!!!:mickey:

A Mouse Fan
10-09-2008, 12:42 PM
We are going November 4-13th and staying at the WL! We have been once before in November and really enjoyed the tempatures...not too hot and not too cold. I don't remember the crowds being too bad, sometimes in Epcot for the Wine and Food Festival they can get a bit intense! I haven't packed yet, but have everything written down on what I need to pack so I will be all set! I think I have OCP disease....Obessive Complulsive Packing disease :blush:

johnO
10-09-2008, 01:38 PM
How are the crowds during the last week of october?

KAT1811
10-09-2008, 03:03 PM
We will be heading down November 5th - 18th this year. This is our first time traveling in November, we usually go in September. Glad to hear that the crowds should be small. I was wondering about the temperatures and what to pack. So if I am getting everyone's posts right I should be packing capris and things of that nature, not shorts and bringing sweat suits and jeans for the nights? I am planning on doing laundry while we are there as there are 5 of us but I was still thinking about bringing 6 or 7 short outfits (in case it is hot), 6 or 7 capri outfits (for the temperate daytime), and 6 or 7 warmer outfits (in case it is cold). What do you think?

Tinkerbella16
10-09-2008, 03:37 PM
We will be heading down November 5th - 18th this year. This is our first time traveling in November, we usually go in September. Glad to hear that the crowds should be small. I was wondering about the temperatures and what to pack. So if I am getting everyone's posts right I should be packing capris and things of that nature, not shorts and bringing sweat suits and jeans for the nights? I am planning on doing laundry while we are there as there are 5 of us but I was still thinking about bringing 6 or 7 short outfits (in case it is hot), 6 or 7 capri outfits (for the temperate daytime), and 6 or 7 warmer outfits (in case it is cold). What do you think?

Yes I think that is good. I've been going in november for years now, and the weather is beautiful. I'll be packing capris and short sleeved shirts for the day, and some pants and hoodie for the evening since it does get chilly at night. The mornings are chilly too...but it will warm up, so I won't bring my hoodie to the parks with me if I'm just going to be holding it all day.

KAT1811
10-09-2008, 08:07 PM
. . . so I won't bring my hoodie to the parks with me if I'm just going to be holding it all day.

That is where having three children, a double stroller and a diaper bag comes in handy! I will just throw a change of clothes for the cooler nights in the diaper bag and off we go! Thank you for the input at least I know I am on the right packing track.

snuggs30
10-09-2008, 10:52 PM
I am getting my suitcase out this weekend! Wooohooooooo! So how many pairs of jeans should we bring? Do you think it will be chilly everynight? I am very HOT blooded so ????? Gosh1 mo. from today I will be there!! WOOOHOOOOOOO! I am running for Tinkerbell meet and greet on Thurs. Nov.13th as soon as she comes out (Dont know the time yet) if anybody wants to join this foolish 38 yr old woman! Will have DH and DD age 20 and DS age 6, DMom and Ddad. Should be fun! They will probably run off and leave me:(.. haha oh well!

Tinkerfreak
10-10-2008, 08:02 AM
I would not go without bringing some shorts and tank tops. We usually wear shorts when we are there in November. We are from the North so anything over 70 means the shorts come out and we soak up the heat.:) We usually bring a little of everything, pants, capris, shorts, tank tops, sweatshirts etc. You just never know what the temp will be.

fischer
10-10-2008, 09:45 AM
We will be there November 11 - 19.
My four year old twin girls will visit for the first time. I am so excited!!
Will they be able to swim or will it be to cold? I will have to start packing soon since I have double the clothes. I also can not wait to meet Tink.

Tinkerbella16
10-10-2008, 12:49 PM
I am getting my suitcase out this weekend! Wooohooooooo! So how many pairs of jeans should we bring? Do you think it will be chilly everynight? I am very HOT blooded so ????? Gosh1 mo. from today I will be there!! WOOOHOOOOOOO! I am running for Tinkerbell meet and greet on Thurs. Nov.13th as soon as she comes out (Dont know the time yet) if anybody wants to join this foolish 38 yr old woman! Will have DH and DD age 20 and DS age 6, DMom and Ddad. Should be fun! They will probably run off and leave me:(.. haha oh well!

Where will the Tink meet and greet take place????? We have a breakfast ressie for Kona on the 13th at 8am...so we're heading right to MK via monorail afterwards...I would love to see Tink!!!!

KAT1811
10-10-2008, 02:00 PM
We will be there November 11 - 19.
My four year old twin girls will visit for the first time. I am so excited!!
Will they be able to swim or will it be to cold? I will have to start packing soon since I have double the clothes. I also can not wait to meet Tink.

:congrats: on your little ones first trip!!! We too will be at the World November 5 - 18. I am also very excited but cannot start packing until DD#1 has left for school the morning we are set to leave as she has no idea that we are going, none of the girls do!!! Our DME package just came this afternoon and I will admit that it has sent my excitement to new levels!!!!!! Your girls should be able to swim, the pools are heated and the weather should be at least in the mid 70s so I'm sure they will be fine. I would pack everything for swimming just in case, I am. I am packing for 4 this year (DH can pack himself) and next year I'll be packing for 5 (we are expecting our fourth child in the spring)!!! Have a great trip everyone!!!!

snuggs30
10-10-2008, 03:53 PM
Where will the Tink meet and greet take place????? We have a breakfast ressie for Kona on the 13th at 8am...so we're heading right to MK via monorail afterwards...I would love to see Tink!!!!

All I know is that it's going to be in ToonTown at the Judge's tent i guess! I think it opens around 10 or 11????? You should make it just fine!
:woohoo: Hope to see you there!