PDA

View Full Version : MVMCP is it worth it?

DisneyLoversx4
10-03-2008, 04:48 PM
I was just wondering if the mvmcp is worth the price and what it includes and peoples honest opinon!

AnnetteFan
10-03-2008, 06:12 PM
I think it's worth the price if you do it as your entire day and not on top of regular admission. As with any of the parties you can use your party ticket to get into MK at 4 pm. And with the party lasting until after midnight that's a full 8 hours in the park and crowds are typically smaller so you have time to do everything you'd want to do and the majority of attractions are open.
There's a special Christmas parade and special Christmas shows that aren't available in the park during normal hours until the week of Christmas. Wishes is also changed to a special Christmas version. There are all kinds of meet and greets with the characters in Christmas costumes and special characters that you don't see all the time. There are areas set up with complimentary hot cocoa and cookies and snow on Mainstreet. It really is a nice event but it isn't something I'd pay for on top of paying for a park ticket, I'd schedule it for a day that you aren't going to use a park ticket and maybe spend the morning or afternoon at Down Town Disney or exploring the resorts and then getting to MK at 4 so you'd only need your party ticket.

goofyfan4466
10-03-2008, 06:13 PM
hi ,fellow levittowner. yes my family thinks it's worth it.we had a blast in december 2005.do you have the hard tickets ? it is a hard ticket event. also we found out the hard way by missing it,but if you want to see it snow,you have to be on mainstreet. we were having dinner at liberty tree late and we could not get to main street in time. we didn't know beforehand about having to be at mainstreet when the parade starts. i hope your family has fun. also you used to be able to get free hot chocolate & free cookies all around the magic kingdom.by the way ,what section do you live in? my family lives in kenwood. talk to you later.

mickeys_princess_mom
10-03-2008, 09:53 PM
I was just wondering if the mvmcp is worth the price and what it includes and peoples honest opinon!
Absolutely worth it. Can't wait to go back and take my DH in 2 months!:santa:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-03-2008, 10:44 PM
We went in Dec 2005 and had a blast. We didn't do a park during the day but went resort hopping instead to see all the decorations then just used our party ticket that night. If you are going to make ADRs make sure you tell the CM that you are attending the party.
The crowds were very managable with hardly any waits for rides. It was a completely different atmospher than it usually is, but I found that to be true for any of the parties. Go, you won't regret it!

Gator
10-03-2008, 10:55 PM
I've done it before and it was really cool...at a price. To me, it's not really worth it for me to go back this December. I've got a 3yo and 18monther and I don't want to stay up til midnight with the 2 of them. Maybe in a few years we'll try it again.

But if you've never done it, do it. And be sure and catch as many of the special shows and parades as you can - that's what makes it worth it.