PDA

View Full Version : HndrdPrcnt In Need of your Prayers...Round 2 *UPDATE 10/13*

HndrdPrcnt
10-02-2008, 11:08 PM
Hey I'Cot Friends -

Well, I went to see my surgical oncologist for my quarterly follow-up appointment. For the last couple of appointments my blood markers have been on the rise. However, the scans showed nothing. But, with this round of tests the increase in the markers increased dramatically, so much so that my doctor said that it was officially time to be concerned.

The blood marker spike has pretty much confirmed that the cancer is growing, and as such, my doctor got on the phone with the head radiologist of UC Davis to find out what scan he recommended (due to the unending advances in scanning technology) to try to hunt out the cancer cells in my body. So, I am scheduled for a PET Scan for next week to try to locate where the cancer is spreading to.

Should they not be able to pick up any concentrated area of cancer cells, my oncologist said that this would indicate that is spreading in low quantities in many areas and thus the spike in the numbers without being to be able to pick it up on the scans. As such, we would then not be able to operate to remove the cancer, but instead would have to treat it with medicine treatments. So, I now have an appointment with a medical oncologist after my PET Scan.

The craziest thing is that even after being told all of this, I am at peace. My faith remains in my Savior Jesus Christ and I know that he will be with me through all of this. My prayer, of course, is for my DD10, DD6 and my DW. And, my prayer is that this does not financially wipe us out. We are still struggling from all the bills that we have already accumulated, and I am afraid that another round is going to put us over the edge.

Anyhow, I am writing to all of you in request of prayer! The more people I can get praying for me and my family, the better!! I am not afraid to put my life out there and to humble myself to ask for your prayers! You can read my whole story on my website which is on my profile.

Thank you in advance for your prayers and support!! We conquered Round 1 and now we are going in for Round 2. Your prayers and support would be so wonderful!

May God bless each and every one of you!

PirateLover
10-02-2008, 11:30 PM
You are, without a doubt, one of the most inspirational people I've ever come across in my life. Your ability to stay positive and find strength in your faith despite everything you've been through moves me deeply and makes me want to be a better Christian myself.
May God bless you and your family. You certainly have my prayers. And also, plenty of pixie dust. :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

pixiesmimi
10-02-2008, 11:43 PM
We have you on our prayer list and will keep you there. We all know prayers are answered! :pixie:

Jeff G
10-02-2008, 11:47 PM
John, I will keep you and your family in my prayers. You have been so strong and your faith in Jesus unfailing with all you have been through, you are an amazing person and a true inspiration.

I hope best for you and your family.

tink179
10-02-2008, 11:58 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your beautiful family. I hope everything works out okay !!!:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

LauraleeH
10-03-2008, 12:30 AM
I'm praying for you and your girls. I pray that you grow closer to the Lord as you go through all of this, and that your faith in Jesus will be a powerful testimony to your daughters.

azdisneymom
10-03-2008, 01:32 AM
I'll be praying for you, too. Please keep us posted. :angel:

Kairi_7378
10-03-2008, 05:17 AM
Prayers are on the way for you and your family.

vizsla
10-03-2008, 05:34 AM
I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

BronxTigger
10-03-2008, 06:29 AM
You amaze me. PirateLover said it so well.

I will be praying for you and I will pass this along to my small group as well.

Jeff
10-03-2008, 07:22 AM
John,
I will be praying in earnest for you and your family. I understand exactly what you mean by your fear being for your wife and for your daughters.
Jeff

RedSoxFan
10-03-2008, 07:36 AM
John: You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless.

offwego
10-03-2008, 07:39 AM
Prayers on there way for you and your family as you deal with this challenge.

Stitchahula
10-03-2008, 07:42 AM
Prayers going out to you and your family. I know how important prayers can be.

TikiGoddess
10-03-2008, 07:49 AM
We will be praying for you and your family in our nightly prayers.

God bless,
Kathy

mrsgaribaldi
10-03-2008, 08:14 AM
More prayers on the way for you and your family.

MauiMouse
10-03-2008, 09:51 AM
John, I'll be praying for you and your family. :pixie:

Beach Club Babe
10-03-2008, 10:02 AM
Our entire family will be praying for yours!

Marilyn Michetti
10-03-2008, 10:09 AM
I always recognize faith when someone asks for prayer instead of pixie dust. You've got it !

I'll pass this along to some warriers. God bless you and your family.:thumbsup:

WDWFanatic
10-03-2008, 10:11 AM
We will be praying for you...HARD! Please keep us updated.

Best wishes.

princessgirls
10-03-2008, 10:22 AM
John~

My prayers will be with you and your family.

Your faith in the Lord is strong and unwaivering. Whatever God's plan is for you, you have already been such a huge Christian witness to others.

May God continue to uphold you and your family.
Julie:mickey:

TinkerbellT421
10-03-2008, 10:29 AM
May god be with you and your family through this time. Piratelover couldnt have worded it better. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I really hope everything works out for you. Sending prayers and pixie dust for you and your family. :pixie::pixie::pixie::tink:

justice11
10-03-2008, 11:08 AM
God bless you and your family, i will pray for your healing and add you to our pray chain.:grouphug:

buzznwoodysmom
10-03-2008, 11:52 AM
John,
You are such an amazing and strong person!! My family will pray for you and your family to get through this.

sgdisney
10-03-2008, 11:59 AM
John, I just read your story on your web page and what others have already said is so true, you are an inspiration to many and a wonderful witness for Christ. I too will keep you and your family in my prayers and am a firm believer in the power of prayer. May God bless all of you in ways you never even imagined!

Jeri Lynn
10-03-2008, 02:03 PM
John,
You and your family will continue to be in my prayers as always.

mickey&missy
10-03-2008, 02:08 PM
You and your family will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

HndrdPrcnt
10-03-2008, 04:39 PM
Thanks everyone!!!! I truly do appreciate all of the kind words and the continued prayers. It is so great to know that we have people all over the continent praying for us!!!! Talk about a circle of support!!:thumbsup:

meldan98
10-03-2008, 04:57 PM
My prayers are with you and your family. Being in the Sacramento area, I know the dr's at UCD are some of the best.

pjbs35a
10-03-2008, 09:21 PM
Will be lifting you and your family up in my daily prayers. I just finished treatment for colon cancer. Mine was diagnosed in February and I got a clean bill of health about a week ago. I could not have made the journey without my Faith, Family, Friends and this website. Rest assured the INTERCOT Prayer Chain has some mighty strong links in it.
God is Good; All the time.

Romans 8:31

faline
10-03-2008, 09:45 PM
John, I don't know why this struggle has come your way. My thoughts and hopes are with you and your family!

mickeys_princess_mom
10-03-2008, 11:01 PM
You got it. :hug:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-03-2008, 11:50 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:Prayers and Pixie dust both coming your way for a speedy healing.

Jenemmy
10-04-2008, 10:36 AM
I'm going to share with my family right now, so that we all can lift you in prayer. I have some friends that are faithful as well to pray for others. God is good....know what a powerful testimony you give.

Mousefever
10-04-2008, 05:07 PM
I've started praying for you and your family. I'm so glad you have amazing support systems, both here and otherwise.

Amy

Melanie
10-04-2008, 07:02 PM
John, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. You are so inspirational and like Linda, I wonder why you have to struggle so. Stay strong!

disneydeb
10-04-2008, 09:17 PM
Hugs, pixie dust and prayers are heading your way from my family to yours.

BrerGnat
10-04-2008, 10:29 PM
John, I'll also be praying for you, your wife, and your girls. I hope for the best possible outcome from all of this. Please keep us updated!

Nascfan
10-05-2008, 10:27 AM
John, you and your ladies will always be in my prayers, but especially more so now. Your faith in the Lord will help see you through. Stay strong, we are with you in spirit.

pianobabe
10-05-2008, 01:06 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you, your family and your medical team. You are an inspiration. It is those whose faith holds true in bad times as well as good, who have the largest impact on others. Keep the faith and never waiver.

Princess'Mom
10-06-2008, 12:52 PM
My prayers are with you as well.

MNNHFLTX
10-06-2008, 02:58 PM
Add me to your INTERCOT prayer chain, John. Keep us updated on how you're doing. :hug:

Dsnygirl
10-07-2008, 03:06 AM
John, I have watched your story & progress over the last couple of years, and have been inspired by your faith and perseverance, your positive outlook and the ability you have to always look towards the positves, even when I know you must have deep, personal fears and rough days.

You are truly an inspiration to SO many, and we will be keeping you and your family in our prayers daily.

DisneyWhirled
10-07-2008, 12:02 PM
God Bless you and your family, John. I will keep you all in my prayers. Take Care!

crazypoohbear
10-07-2008, 01:43 PM
Sendings God's blessing and an angel to sit on your shoulder to keep watch over you.
I pray that things go well for you.

Alpha Jeanie
10-07-2008, 01:54 PM
John,
You and your family are on my prayer list.
Please continue to keep us posted on your progress.
God Bless.

oliver&bianca
10-07-2008, 02:28 PM
Lean not on our own understandings, but trust in the Lord with all your heart.

I will be praying for you and your family.

Carol
10-08-2008, 06:24 AM
My New York portion of the INTERCOT prayer chain is intact. Please let us know how you are doing. :pixie:

HndrdPrcnt
10-11-2008, 12:48 AM
So yesterday was the scan...and to be completly honest....it was a nightmare! It took 3 people and 5 attempts to finally hit a vein so that they could inject the radioactive glucose. Then I had to spend an hour in a dark room doing nothing (well, actually I napped). Then on to the room where they did the scan (another 40 minute nap). I then had to go meet up with my boss and call on a few accounts and my wife drove home. On her way home, she was in a car accident. Luckily she was not hurt nor was there any major damage to either of the cars. However, the guy has already involved our auto insurance and so there goes a deductible and I am sure an increase in our auto insurance. Just what we need at a time like this. Looking at the glass being half-full though, I am just glad that my wife is ok and that she did not get hurt. Really, at this point, what's another bill????

We will be meeting with the medical oncologist on Monday to get the results and to hear all of our options for treatment. Please be in prayer that there is a clear cut path being made for us to beat this cancer!!

Thank you to everyone who is praying for us! While we have never met any of you, we do value each and every one of you!

God Bless!!

DisneyDudet
10-11-2008, 06:26 AM
Boy, when it rains, it pours, doesn't it?

I am just glad that she's ok. Right now, that is all that should matter. I'm guessing it was her fault? I hope it wasn't, for money's sake.

I'm glad to hear the scan went alright (minus the sticks). You have no idea how elusive those veins can be! When you've been what you've been through already, the veins do not fair well. I'm glad they finally got it done, though.

Sending prayers (and pixie dust) for the results to be in your favor. Your faith is something I admire. When life is picking at me, I need to remember to have faith like yours. You are an inspiration.

Please keep us posted.

DrivingSideways
10-11-2008, 04:10 PM
I'm very glad that your wife is okay after her accident. You and your family continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Closet Disney Fan
10-13-2008, 08:21 PM
John, you and your family will absolutely be in me and my family's prayers. If you need anything you know the number and im sure ill see you soon !

HndrdPrcnt
10-13-2008, 08:26 PM
So, we went in to meet with Dr. Gong today at UC Davis. The PET Scan results were back and as we have come to grow used to, it was a good news/bad news scenario. The PET Scan results have indicated 4 spots which are of concern to the doctor and are indicative of the return of the cancer. Two spots come from a lymph node that is next to my aorta artery in my abdominal area near where my pancreas once was. The other two spots are on my liver. The two spots on my liver are signs that the cancer has spread to my circulatory system.

The next step is to have a high-resolution CT Scan of my liver to find out the exact size and location of these spots on my liver to find out if they are able to perform a biopsy at this time of these spots to confirm that these spots consist of cancer cells.

After the CT Scan, we will then meet with Dr. Bold (next Monday) to discuss our options - both surgical and medical.

In addition to the above, we were also told about the possibility of me possibly qualifying to take part in a clinical trial out of UCSF. This would be an answer to prayer as not only would I be getting the latest drugs that would hopefully shrink the current cancer cells and slow down the spreading of the cancer, but it would also be at no charge to us!! As you can imagine, the financial impact to our family has already been devistating. So, if I could qualify for this study, that would be a true blessing from God. As such, I am asking that you be in prayer for me to qualify to be a part of this study if surgery is not an option.

Thank you for your continued support and prayers! We will continue to live each day to its fullest and to make the most of every day that God gives me! Your love, support, prayers and kinds words have meant the world to us!

God Bless!

Jeff
10-13-2008, 08:57 PM
John,
I will continue to pray for you and your family. I hope the UCSF trial works out.

5fromabove
10-13-2008, 09:00 PM
Hope the study works out for you if the surgery isn't an option.

pogo
10-13-2008, 09:08 PM
John.... I don't come around here much any more but for some reason I logged on and found this post. Maybe devine intervention. :angel:

As you know I have a lot of cancer patients as clients and what you are saying is about what I had expected to hear. But the good news is I think they've found the new spots early enough to make them go away.

I'm glad you might be able to get in a study. There is nothing better than the treatment you will receive.

Good luck... and God bless, my friend. :D

ElenitaB
10-13-2008, 09:14 PM
John, it truly is a good news/bad news scenario. But not one that can't be managed: just today I talked to a friend whose liver mets are shrinking at an amazing rate!

I've participated in a clinical trial (wish I qualified now because there's some really promising work being done out there) and you will receive FIRST RATE medical care, while helping researchers identify better forms of treatment for those who will unfortunately walk this road after us. That, in and of itself, is a huge blessing.

Add my prayers to everyone else's that they accept you into the trial, and that it is HIGHLY successful!

mickey&missy
10-13-2008, 09:39 PM
John, you and your family will continue to be in prayers.

pianobabe
10-13-2008, 09:52 PM
You and your family continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. I pray for the right treatment to present itself to your medical team. I also wanted to tell you thank you for being willing to participate in this study.

RedSoxFan
10-13-2008, 10:02 PM
John: You and your family continue to be in my prayers. I hope you get into the study.

Maleficent's Dad
10-13-2008, 10:02 PM
You're in our prayers, John.

God Bless You. I mean that. :thumbsup:

Piglet822
10-13-2008, 10:21 PM
Continued prayers and :pixie: to you and your family, John.
Please keep us posted.

Jeff G
10-13-2008, 10:58 PM
John, I find myself thinking about you and your family often the past week. Your strength, courage and faith are amazing. I hope you are able to participate in the UCSF trial and everything works out well.

I'll keep you in my prayers. God's blessings.

DrivingSideways
10-13-2008, 11:06 PM
You and your family are continually in my prayers. The study sounds promising and I sincerely hope you can get in! Best wishes.

Texas Tinkerbell Too
10-13-2008, 11:10 PM
I will definitely be praying for you and your beautiful family, as well. Please continue to update us.

God Bless You and your family!

Marilyn Michetti
10-14-2008, 01:07 AM
John, you're truly on my prayer list, and your name comes up every choir rehearsal when the director says, "does anyone have any special prayer requests". They know I've never met you, and they don't care - you're always included.:hug:

Marilyn Michetti
10-14-2008, 01:53 AM
John, you're truly on my prayer list, and your name comes up every choir rehearsal when the director says, "does anyone have any special prayer requests". They know I've never met you, and they don't care - you're always included.:hug:

vizsla
10-14-2008, 05:26 AM
Continued prayers and :pixie: onthe way for you and your family.

WDWFanatic
10-14-2008, 08:54 AM
John you are in my prayers every day. I hope and pray that you will be in the trial. All my best wishes to your family.

I'm also happy that your wife was not hurt, but sorry she had to deal with an accident.

May God Bless you and your family.

MauiMouse
10-14-2008, 08:57 AM
John, continued thoughts, prayers and pixie dust for you and your family. I hope that you can get into the UCSF clinical trails.

princessgirls
10-14-2008, 04:47 PM
John,

I'm sorry that your results did not give better news for you. However, getting into the trial would be great. That is good news.

I keep you and your family in prayer. God has really blessed you with great strength and that truly is a testimony to others.
Take Care of yourself!
Julie:mickey: