PDA

View Full Version : A suggested plan for MNSSHP

momof3+twins
10-02-2008, 10:50 PM
I can't decide if we should do all the trick or treating first, OR just trick or treat as we make our way to that section of the park?!? Or should we even ride the rides at all? Suggestions?

joonyer
10-02-2008, 11:41 PM
We have always picked up candy as we toured the park, going in and coming out. There'll be plenty of time to get all the candy you want and do all the attractions you want, unless you are going on Halloween night. No need to worry about which to do first. But if you get much candy first, take a backpack or other bag to keep it in while riding attractions. The bags they give you can get filled up fast. We put out trick or treat bags in to a backpack when we rode attractions to keep everything from spilling out.

Greenlawler
10-03-2008, 12:52 AM
From our experiance the lines for the candy are some of the longer ones early in the party. Especially on the "Alice trail". I would suggest you save some of the candy collection till the end around 10:30. The candy givers tend to get more generous as the night wears on.
The crowds tend to thin out a little after the first parade and the Hallowishes fireworks. If you have to see the first parade. Catch the villains show that takes place right before at the castle and keep the same spot for the parade. But i would suggest you skip the first parade and ride attractions, and meet characters. You could catch the castle stage show later unless ther is a certain villain you want to meet. Then watch the show once to see where the villain you want will stand and then snag a position there for the next show. While their is plenty of time it always seems to go so fast. Near the end of the night around 10:45 or so their will be no lines to be found.
a good strategy is, always go first to the area you think will be the most crowded at 6:45 to wait. Then knock out those things first thing. The longest lines are for some of the characters like Micky, Minnie, and the 7 dwarfs, and for the candy at the Alice trail. We always hit toon town first then make our way down the trail back towards future land.
Hope I could be of some help.

DisneyHoneymooners
10-03-2008, 08:49 AM
One thing you absolutely want to remember to do--as you leave the MK there are CMs right outside the exit passing out the Ghirardelli chocolates they give out at the store. And they are very eager to "lighten their load" as one CM told us. They gave us each about 6 of them!!!!

thrillme
10-03-2008, 08:57 AM
Excellent post "momof3+twins"...thank you...Please keep the ideas coming I'm going next week and I don't have a clue what to do.

Do ya'll spend all day at MK or do you show up early for the "party" like around 2 or so?

biodtl
10-03-2008, 09:20 AM
I'd just get the candy as you go. And don't miss the rides that night - in my experience, the lines tend to be shorter.

momof3+twins
10-03-2008, 09:53 AM
Thanks for all the great advice. How does bus service work on party nights? Forgot to ask!

momof3+twins
10-03-2008, 10:02 AM
I think that we will see the characters at 6:45. What time do you suggest getting there arriving at the park? I was thinking 5 or 6?
Then, maybe trick or treat in the area, ride the rides and catch the first parade. Is that too much to expect in that time? We would probably just ride 2 rides before the parade. I am thinking that the kids MIGHT not make it to the other parade. Although they all stay up to 10:30, 11:00 at home!!! We plan to stay until 10:30 or 11 even if the stroller kids fall asleep. BUT my 5 year old loves scary stuff and HAS to see the parade!!
Keep these great ideas coming.
And please someone give me bus advice!!

momof3+twins
10-03-2008, 10:04 AM
One more thing....is it busy say between 4 and 7 since the day guests are still there and the party guests are arriving?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-03-2008, 10:32 AM
The buses will run as if it was a regular day.

Between 4 and 7, I find it to be slower as most of the day guests will leave after the parade. There are some who want their full day, so they'll stay but I've never though it to be that bad.

I'd say take the day off and relax, eat a late lunch or early dinner around 3-4 and then head to the party. You can get in as early as 4pm with just your party ticket and not use a day on your passes.

I'd try to keep going all night, but if you really want the characters, line up for Snow White and the Dwarfs first because theirs gets the longest, then hit Toontown and the Alice Trail there, then through Tomorrowland following to Main Street. You can probably see the first parade here and the Horseman if you time it right. He'll come down around 8:10 but I think the bridge at Liberty Square is one of the best places to watch it from. Do some trails here and maybe Fantasyland before going to MS to watch the fireworks. Finish the night as you wish, or if you missed the first parade, catch the second.

Oh, and of course, HAVE FUN!

joelkfla
10-03-2008, 10:43 AM
Thanks for all the great advice. How does bus service work on party nights? Forgot to ask!
As far as transportation is concerned, a party night is no different than any other late close. The only thing that might shut down early is the Express Monorail, but the Resort Monorail will always run until the end.

If things get really slow, we might run buses on demand, just sending them out to wherever the guests need to go. We normally do that as the stream of guests exiting after park close drops to a trickle.

ISLE39
10-03-2008, 10:43 AM
Id Like To Offer My Suggestion As I Just Returned From This Last Week And This Is What I Did. I Decided Before I Got There That There Were No Rides To Be Done That Could Nto Be Done On A Different Day (i Was There 10 Days). So I Did Only Things Exclusive To My Ticket. That Meant Getting A Good Spot For The First Parade, Watching Hallowishes From Fantasyland, Getting All The Character Pictures Dressed In Special Costumes Including Snow White And The 7 Dwarfs Man That Line Was Long But It Went Fast. Also Dont Forget The Special Picture By The Haunted Mansion Hearse So Awsome. I Saw Some Of The Parties And I Tick Or Treated As I Passed Each Thing. At The End Of The Night After 11ish The People Give Handfuls Instead Of 1 Or 2 Pieces. You Can Get In The Park By 4 With Your Mnsshp Ticket So Come At 4 Do The Rides And At 7 Go Full Halloween Mode Only.

momof3+twins
10-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Are Snow White and the 7 dwarfs in Toontown? I am so excited to see them!

3AMommy
10-03-2008, 02:07 PM
momof3+twins Are Snow White and the 7 dwarfs in Toontown? I am so excited to see them!

They are just outside the entrance to Toontown after Pooh's Playful spot and across from the Tea Cups and Tomorrowland Speedway.

You'll see a line forming along the railing on the same side as Pooh's Playful Spot. They are waiting for Snow White...

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-03-2008, 03:12 PM
No, they should be waiting for Pooh characters.

They line for Snow White is supposed to go along the railing towards Toontown, as they are nestled between the two planters there.

They do a parade around the Tea Cups and then head to their seats.

The again, they could have changed it but the Pooh characters are in the Playground, Snow White is near the Tea Cups.