PDA

View Full Version : Replaced attractions

MickeysEars
10-02-2008, 06:21 PM
I know that this may have been discussed before, but...
We have only been going to DW since 2000 so there are many attractions that I have only heard of through INTERCOT like Horizons and Food Rocks. My question is what do you all think is the best and worst attraction replacements?

Worst: Pooh's Playful spot replacing 20K, they could have turned it into Nemo like in Ca

Best: Sorin, I don't know what it replaced (Food Rocks???)

faline
10-02-2008, 06:45 PM
There have been any number of changes of time.

Mission to the Moon -> Alien Encounter -> Stitch's Great Escape
World of Motion -> Test Track
Horizons -> Mission to Mars
Mr Toad's Wild Ride -> Pooh
Journey Into Your Imagination -> Version 2 -> Version 3
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea -> Pooh's Playful Spot
El Rio Del Tiempo -> Gran Fiesta Tour

This is what comes to mind at the moment.

Demyx
10-02-2008, 06:50 PM
Worst: Original Journey into Imagination -> Journey into YOUR Imagination. I seriously cried.
Runner up worst: Alien Encounter -> Stitch's Great Escape

Best: Who Wants to Be a Millionaire -> Toy Story Midway Mania. Hated Millionaire, can't get enough of the new ride.
Runner up best: Food Rocks -> Soarin'. Food Rocks was just an inferior Kitchen Kabaret, and I don't particularly miss it. ALSO Dreamflight -> Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin.

faline
10-02-2008, 06:58 PM
Before Dreamflight it was If (I) You Had Wings.

Polynesian Dweller
10-02-2008, 07:27 PM
Worst: Original Journey into Imagination -> Journey into YOUR Imagination.
:ditto:

Other worst: Alien Encounter to Stitch

Best: Food Rocks to Soarn'
Tower of Terro to Tower of Terror 4 what a great difference the randomness makes

AllDisney
10-02-2008, 08:27 PM
Journey Into Imagination was so GREAT. Replacing it was the worst thing Disney could have done.

The best upgrade is POTC. Great replacement:thumbsup:

MickeysEars
10-02-2008, 08:33 PM
There have been any number of changes of time.

Mission to the Moon -> Alien Encounter -> Stitch's Great Escape
World of Motion -> Test Track
Horizons -> Mission to Mars
Mr Toad's Wild Ride -> Pooh
Journey Into Your Imagination -> Version 2 -> Version 3
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea -> Pooh's Playful Spot
El Rio Del Tiempo -> Gran Fiesta Tour

This is what comes to mind at the moment.

What are the attractions you think were the best and worst of these?

faline
10-02-2008, 09:18 PM
It's hard to say. I loved World of Motion but Test Track is also a favorit of mine. Horizons was wonderful but I also greatly enjoy Mission Space. Mr Toad's Wild Ride was very special to us largely because of family memories of riding it with a 7 year old but the Pooh ride is wonderful!

I loved 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. I remember not going on the ride one trip and saying we'd catch it next time but there was no next time. I'd rather have the ride than the little kids park.

The original Figment ride was the very best. The next two iterations of that ride do not live up to the original.

In my opinion, Alien Encounter was much better than Stitch's Great Escape.

I like the Gran Fiesta Tour but think I like El Rio Del Tiempo Better.

For that matter, my favorite version of Spaceship Earth was the original! jmho!

Crow
10-02-2008, 10:36 PM
hmmm
WOM i think mayb better than Test Track
Alien Encounter better than Stitch.
20000 Leagues it was a classic.
El Rio needed an update..
Millionaire was bad for me....Midway Mania was nice...not worth a real long wait but better than Millionaire
SE i still liked the previous incarnation

joonyer
10-02-2008, 11:46 PM
20,000k was an absolute Disney classic attraction. I know it had its problems (leaky subs, slow loading) but replacing it (eventually) with what is essentially a playground showed an amazing lack of imagineering on Disney's part. What a waste of space. If they really needed a playground, they should have replaced Tomorrowland Speedway instead.

Stu29573
10-03-2008, 09:36 AM
I agree that replacing 20,000 with Pooh's Playful Spot was horrible. By far the worst I can think of; although replacing The Monster Sound Show with (eventually) Sounds Dangerous was also very bad. Of course that opens the "Disney Studios lack of direction and focus" argument that has been discussed many times before.

The best would probably be Soarin' replacing Food Rocks. Don't get me wrong, I liked the old show, but I just think Soarin' gives you much more bang for your buck.

MickeysEars
10-03-2008, 10:11 AM
Does anyone know when Figment was changed from the original. When the second was changed to the current? I think I remember one before this one.

snuggs30
10-03-2008, 02:36 PM
I think the worst was when they changed Horizons to Mission Space!!! Horizons, everyone could go on it! Misson Space well...:sick: I also miss the 1st Journey into imagination!! I know i will proabably get some booooo's on this but i loved Mr. Toads Wild ride! I was so mad when they changed it. Pooh is cute but toad was a classic!

Best has to be Food rocks to Soarin!! by far!:thumbsup::number1: