PDA

View Full Version : EPCOT Evening Extra Magic Hours

Jarrod
10-02-2008, 01:57 PM
Just wondering what the wait times are like for the evening extra magic hour attractions. Specifically Soarin and Test Track. I am trying to decide if its worth going over for. . . .you can't do Fastpasses right? We usually avoid evening EMH, but it will be our first night to arrive and we will barely get there in time for Illuminations, so we thought possibly we would try to sneak a couple of rides on our favorites. Anyone's experiences are appreciated.

Thanks

JPL
10-02-2008, 02:15 PM
Just about everytime I have attended Epcot Evening EMHs the waits were about 30 - 40 mins longer than they were during that same day. So for example if the average wait for Soarin was 90 mins during the day it's atleast that during EMHs but you can usually count on a 120 minute wait. The same is true with Test Track. I usually avoid Epcot EMHs at all costs.

robhink
10-02-2008, 02:47 PM
I've found that it's been possible to get on a number of rides during the EMH at Epcot. Some of that will depend on when during the year you visit. I was there last August and did the Epcot EMH and was able to do a number of rides during the time, by 11:30 or so Test Track was down to a 15 minute wait, Soarin was around a half hour.

passholderryan
10-02-2008, 03:48 PM
I'd look at it like this, If you're going to be there just in time for Illuminations, take the 5 minute walk to see how long the lines are. You may be able to get on some of the less crowded rides and not have to worry about them when you return later on.

thumperbug
10-02-2008, 04:17 PM
We happened to be heading over to Soarin as illuminations ended...there was a mad rush but we managed to get on line and didn't have to wait too long. Maybe 30 mins (which is great considering the usual wait time)

It does depend what time of year you go but as it has been mentioned in many threads...EMH have become quite crowded.

threeh
10-04-2008, 10:43 AM
It depends on when you are going. When we used to go in Sept I found the EMH to be crowded, so we would avoid them. Our last trip was in Feb and EMH were nice. The big ticket rides still had a wait time (soarin and test track) but otherwise not crowded. Esp world showcase. It was great. Just have a plan b if possible, if you get there and it's too crowded you could go walk around the epcot area resorts or maybe head elsewhere if you have hoppers.

Happy planning:mickey:

jrkcr
10-04-2008, 02:26 PM
We have always avoided the park with EMH.
But our trip in November, I deliberately have planned to do the EMH all week. Just to see what the crowd is like.
I plan to do the rides during the day, and use evening EMH times for dining, shopping, parade watching, people watching, and IF the ride lines are short that is just a bonus!
I seriously doubt we'll make it to the morning EMH's.

I wonder if time of the year affects EMH crowds? It will be dark earlier now, and people may not want to stay as late...or is that just wishful thinking?