PDA

View Full Version : Castle or Narcoosee's for 30th Anniversary Dinner?

mickeys_princess_mom
10-02-2008, 09:43 AM
OK, starting to think crazy thoughts...Have booked Narcoosee's for anniversary dinner
(the one where I come down the GF stairs in the fluffy dress that may need it's own plane ticket:blush: Had a tiny wedding--playing fairy tale here:princess:...), but...DH keeps asking if I wouldn't want to eat at the castle that night, since we did for our 25th....Have no idea if this could happen (ADR's), but starting to really consider it. We're not doing DDP, cause we got a better deal without, so...$$ wise it would actually cost less. It's more about the moment, really, and it might be the thing to do....What do you think?

faline
10-02-2008, 09:47 AM
I'd probably select Narcoosee's. It's very convenient to where you'll be staying and you could even have a glass of wine with dinner if you're so inclined.

BeccaO
10-02-2008, 09:54 AM
I think you should stick with Narcoosee's, IMO the castle is way to chaotic for a romantic anniversary dinner. I think Narcoosee's is perfect.:thumbsup:

diz_girl
10-02-2008, 09:59 AM
Are you looking for romance, good food or just location?

The castle is a pre-plated meal and the food is OK. On the other hand, Narcoossee's has excellent food.

If you think that dining in the castle is romantic, then try for there. I would think that it would be a bit noisy, with all of the little ones there. IMHO Narcoossee's has a more romantic atmosphere, as it is more grown-up oriented. If fireworks are being shown while you are dining, they let you go outside on the deck to watch, which is also romantic.

Narcoossee's is more expensive, but the food and service are excellent.

mickeys_princess_mom
10-02-2008, 10:10 AM
Are you looking for romance, good food or just location?

The castle is a pre-plated meal and the food is OK. On the other hand, Narcoossee's has excellent food.

If you think that dining in the castle is romantic, then try for there. I would think that it would be a bit noisy, with all of the little ones there. IMHO Narcoossee's has a more romantic atmosphere, as it is more grown-up oriented. If fireworks are being shown while you are dining, they let you go outside on the deck to watch, which is also romantic.

Narcoossee's is more expensive, but the food and service are excellent.
I agree with you about Narcoosee's--I LOVE it and have been a few times. Maybe it is more about the romance and location this time... Have also been a few times to the castle, but not in a few years since changes were made. What are the differences there now, IYO? Plus--we're headed to the MVMCP right after, so, it seems to make a little sense...

Insanity Clause
10-02-2008, 10:15 AM
For the romance I would go with Narcoose's a well. Quite atmosphere and better food. It would be more intimate that CRT. At the castle there would be a lot of children...myself included.

Piglet822
10-02-2008, 10:45 AM
I think you should stick with Narcoosee's, IMO the castle is way to chaotic for a romantic anniversary dinner. I think Narcoosee's is perfect.:thumbsup:

I've never been to either but when I saw the question this is what I thought as well :)
I'd stick to Narcoosee's.

Polynesian Dweller
10-02-2008, 10:55 AM
No question, stay with Narcoosee's for the romance. Its quieter and nothing better than sitting on the water looking at the lagoon, MK and even the fireworks. Nice view, nice wine, great company. What's better? :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-02-2008, 11:18 AM
If you want to be a :princess: go to the castle

lockedoutlogic
10-02-2008, 12:08 PM
OK, starting to think crazy thoughts...Have booked Narcoosee's for anniversary dinner
(the one where I come down the GF stairs in the fluffy dress that may need it's own plane ticket:blush: Had a tiny wedding--playing fairy tale here:princess:...), but...DH keeps asking if I wouldn't want to eat at the castle that night, since we did for our 25th....Have no idea if this could happen (ADR's), but starting to really consider it. We're not doing DDP, cause we got a better deal without, so...$$ wise it would actually cost less. It's more about the moment, really, and it might be the thing to do....What do you think?

neither......you picked two of the least desirable locations...in my opinion

I would think about Jiko first.....then perhaps Bistro De Paris....Citrico's......and then maybe Artist's Point

SurferStitch
10-02-2008, 01:05 PM
Stick with Narcoossee's.

We consider it one of the very best restaurants in WDW! The ONLY restaurant we rate higher is Victoria and Albert's. I would highly recommend V&A if you want to spend that kind of money.

We are dining at Narcoossee's twice on our trip starting next week! The food and service are amazing! We are also doing V&A!

:cloud9:

lockedoutlogic - Why are you so harsh? It sounds so degrading when you put down their two choices for a very special meal. Most of us here actually give solid reasons as to why we don't like a place, and don't just say that it's horrible and leave it at that.

Pixie Power
10-02-2008, 01:09 PM
Hand's down: Narcoosee's

mickeys_princess_mom
10-02-2008, 09:20 PM
neither......you picked two of the least desirable locations...in my opinion

I would think about Jiko first.....then perhaps Bistro De Paris....Citrico's......and then maybe Artist's Point
Poquito, indeed...
Thank you for your suggestions, but we are not interested in these places.

Cinderelley
10-02-2008, 09:36 PM
If you've been daydreaming of walking down the stairs of the Grand Floridian with your ball gown on, then by all means, eat at Narcoosee's and do it. Just make sure to kick DH out of the room while you get ready, so that he can be waiting at the bottom of the stairs with his jaw hanging on the floor when he sees you. :)

You could always make reservations at the castle for a different night.

Why do I always want to put two s's in Narcoosee's?

mickeys_princess_mom
10-02-2008, 09:46 PM
If you've been daydreaming of walking down the stairs of the Grand Floridian with your ball gown on, then by all means, eat at Narcoosee's and do it. Just make sure to kick DH out of the room while you get ready, so that he can be waiting at the bottom of the stairs with his jaw hanging on the floor when he sees you. :)

You could always make reservations at the castle for a different night.

That stairs thing is definitely happening either way ;), and I sure am planning to kick him out. Am not planning on letting him see the dress beforehand, either. He keeps teasing me, saying, "How will I know what to look for?" I tell him, "Trust me---you'll know when you see me." If I wore a mask, this dress screams me.

I always have to think about Narcoosee's spelling, too. That and Caribbean...:)

Cinderelley
10-02-2008, 10:26 PM
Just another thought, are you planning on hitting MVMCP in your dress? If not, plan on taking time to change.

I know I could never walk around MK in dress shoes all night, but I know many people who can.

Have a great time!

Aggie97
10-02-2008, 10:40 PM

Because it does have two s's in it! :thumbsup: (I just checked the WDW web site to make sure.)

Narcoossee's has always been one of our favorite WDW restaurants, and we just celebrated our 10th anniversary there in February. Try to dine during the MK fireworks if you can... it's just wonderful. :mickey:

mickeys_princess_mom
10-02-2008, 10:45 PM
Because it does have two s's in it! :thumbsup: (I just checked the WDW web site to make sure.)

:blush: Oops! Thanks!

mickeys_princess_mom
10-02-2008, 10:46 PM
Just another thought, are you planning on hitting MVMCP in your dress? If not, plan on taking time to change.

I know I could never walk around MK in dress shoes all night, but I know many people who can.

Have a great time!
Thanks! Yep--that's part of the plan. Going for comfortable shoes though. I just think it would be fun!

Aggie97
10-02-2008, 10:48 PM
:blush: Oops! Thanks!

No problem! By the way -- happy 30th anniversary, and have a great time! :mickey:

mickeys_princess_mom
10-02-2008, 10:58 PM
No problem! By the way -- happy 30th anniversary, and have a great time! :mickey:
Thank you! :hug:

Cinderelley
10-02-2008, 11:02 PM

Narcoossee's has always been one of our favorite WDW restaurants, and we just celebrated our 10th anniversary there in February. Try to dine during the MK fireworks if you can... it's just wonderful. :mickey:

That would explain it!

I always forget that WDW has it's own website. :blush: I just get so much better information here, that I never use it.

DisneyHoneymooners
10-03-2008, 08:56 AM
I would definitely stick with Narcoosee's. We were there for our anniversary last week(only 4 years for us). It was very romantic with a beautiful view. Also when they found out it was our anniversary(by way of our pins) they printed out a special menu with "Happy Anniversary" and the date on the top and gave us each a complimentary glass of champagne. Also, the food was amazing!!!!!