PDA

View Full Version : Soarin Seating Setup Question

pooh0601
10-01-2008, 01:56 PM
Can someone please explain to me the setup of Soarin's seating arrangements. If I remember correctly there are Sections 1, 2, and 3. With 2 in the middle? Then Row's A, B, and C? Or maybe it's the other way around. At any rate, I remember someone saying be in the middle, and then a certain row was best because you wouldn't have feet dangling in front of you. Which row is the highest up(thus not having any feet in front of you?)

Thanks!!!

garthbarth1
10-01-2008, 02:21 PM
We just came back and we were in Row 1 in the middle section. From what I remember, Row 1 is the highest so there are not any feet dangling at you. The second time we were in row three and saw Row 2s feet in front of us. Its nice being in the middle so that you are more in the center-either way its a great ride! Have fun on your trip.

thatkindofday
10-02-2008, 09:36 AM
Piece of advice, is you sit on the edge and are scared of heights, do not look down. You're actually higher up than you may realize and it really freaked me out.

starrmomof2
10-02-2008, 05:25 PM
There are three sections, A, B & C, with three rows in each. The 'prime' location is B1 - center of the attraction with no feet. When we rode the first time, I asked for it and was able to secure after waiting for the next go 'round to board. This year, we got B2 and it was fine. I was worried about the feet, but once the ride starts, you are so drawn into the scenery, etc that, to me at least, the feet weren't noticed.

Meerkat
10-02-2008, 11:10 PM
Yes. The best view is from section B, row 1. You can request this row, but you may have to wait for it, or maybe not get it at all. Also, the first rows in each section are lifted higher in the theater than rows two and three (no feet dangling in front of you). This may be a concern if you are looking around and have a fear of heights. But, as the warning signs tell you, if you have a fear of heights you should probably not ride at all. The images you are watching in front of you are shot from a helicopter in extreme environments, and the illusion of motion and height is quite realistic.

Tink's Mom
10-03-2008, 04:58 AM
When we get up to the front, we always ask if we can sit in the first row, and they have always let us. Most of the time we have to wait for the next ride, but it only takes a few minutes.

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
10-03-2008, 03:18 PM
Agreeing with previous posters, B1 is the best -- middle row and top (i.e., no dangling feet in front of you). But I also discovered something during our trip last month. We usually ask for and wait for B1. As we approached the front and saw we were going to end up in Section C, we debated whether to ask for B1 and wait. We decided that since we had ridden several times already, and in the interest of "personal research," we would just go where we were placed. As it turned out, we were literally the last two people put into the loading area. So we found ourselves in Section C, Row 3, all the way at the end of the line. We figured we'll be sitting all the way in the corner of the ride and would have the worst vantage point possible. But lo and behold, as you enter the ride area, Section C is loaded from the aisle between Sections B and C. So, in other words, the people at the front of our line had to walk through to the outside end of Section C and we ended up with the two seats on the aisle closest to Section B! So our ride was just about the same as sitting in Section B (aside from the fact that we were in Row 3 instead of Row 1).

So, if you find yourself unable to get Section B but can finagle your way into being at the END of the line in either Section A or C, it will be just about as good as being in Section B.