PDA

View Full Version : Not-Worth-It Attractions

TakeMe2EPCOT
10-01-2008, 10:28 AM
Hi everyone:

OK, this might be a tad controversial, but I was reading another thread about attractions people have never done, and as they listed them I kept finding myself thinking, "you're not missing much...you're not missing much..."

While everyone knows I'm a DW nut, there are quite a few attractions that, well, can be skipped. It's a matter of opinion of course, but what's your list? Here's mine:

Country Bears - Boring, weird, and poorly maintained
Stitch - Bring back Alien Encounter!
It's a Small World - Boring & annoying
Tiki Birds - Under any management
Circle Vision movies - way outdated and boring
Sounds Dangerous - Why is that still there?

Airblue1
10-01-2008, 10:34 AM
I agree, however, Small World deserves much love. A ride that sings the same song throughout without skipping a beat. ROCKS!!!!

Imagineer1981
10-01-2008, 10:43 AM
SOARIN!!!!!

that should cause some debate...ha

Anyways, here's my list

1) American Idol...yep already dead to me
2) Soarin...sorry its really boring
3) anything in chester and hester's dinorama
4) Tiki Room
5) Sounds Dangerous
6) Honey I shrunk the kids playground
7) Any movie at WS...all seem dated, even Canada's new one is still blah

TinyDancer
10-01-2008, 10:58 AM
The only ones I *intentionally* skip are Stitch, Tiki Room, and Kali River Rapids. The first two I skip because I liked the old ones better and I'd rather think of them that way than have my memories polluted. As for Kali, its rare I want to get that wet.

Any others I may skip on a trip usually have more to do with lines or just don't feel like taking the time to do them (the movies in WS). I have nothing against them that I *won't* see them, I just don't feel like it. :D

32 weeks!!

TheWizofDiz
10-01-2008, 11:00 AM
I must admit I have trouble dissing any attraction that Walt Disney himself was involved with...sure, he didn't always have the golden touch when it came to new attractions (as the early days of Disneyland can attest) That being said, certain attractions that some do find a bit boring or annoying like Small World and the Tiki Birds I do enjoy to some degree. For me, just knowing that Walt had something to do with it, keeps me coming back from time to time.

I do have my WDW "Bombs" List and here it is:

:down:Stitch- I feel AE was much better!

:down: Winnie the Pooh's Playful Spot? Remove 20K for that? You must be joking!

:down: Toontown...sorry, I realize the little tykes may like it...but, um, I would like to see a better use of that whole area...

:down: NY Street in DHS...other than the awesome Christmas display, what where they
thinking...Maybe they want guests to Escape from NYC when walking down thru that cheesy section...run!

:down: American Idol...geeze, let's just bring the Gong Show back!

RBrooksC
10-01-2008, 11:07 AM
Sorry, Small World is a classic ride with a classic song. The presentation can be annoying due to the melody going through the whole ride but it is unique and very Disney.

I also enjoy Enchanted Tiki Room. Again, it is quintessential Disney. While I don't remember the original show, the new show doesn't bother me and my son liked it so I won't complain about it.

Country Bears I can't say anything about since I haven't seen it since 1983 and I have been to Disney four times since then.

Also, never tried Stitch so I cannot comment on it.

glenpreece
10-01-2008, 11:12 AM
1. Dumbo and Barnstormer : Never have never will unless I have children

2. Hall of PresidentsL I had to sit through it once NEVER AGAIN I literally fell asleep

3.Beauty and the Beast Onstage: Why?

4. All the shows etc in WS: If I wanted to travel to those places I'd go there not come to WDW. Although I have done Maelstorm while waiting for Akershus.

5.Kilimanjaro Safari: If I wanted to look at animals I'd go to the Toronto Zoo.

There's more but those are the main ones.

sdewan
10-01-2008, 11:20 AM

I strongly object to Country Bear Jamboree and It's A Small World being on that list. These are classics and we still enjoy them on every visit. However, I wouldn't mind an occasional update (such as recently done on HM) to keep them fresh.

Country Bear Jamboree - what ever happened to the multiple shows? They were alternating between the Jamboree and the Vacation Hoedown for a while, but have been stuck on the Jamboree for maybe a decade now. And why no Christmas show?

It's A Small World - I'm anxiously awaiting Disneyland's refurbishment to complete, as rumor has it that they are adding new show elements, such as Alice In Wonderland for the England segment. Perhaps WDW will follow suit as it did with HM.

But even without updates these attractions are still worth seeing in my opinion.

btharvey
10-01-2008, 11:32 AM
Geezawhiz! I don't think there are any rides that I would want done away with. Of course, that includes Horizons, the original Peoplemover, and so on and so forth.

Even the "boring" rides can give you something to look at. It's a small world, I remember (because I'm old enough to be able to) originally riding it at the New York's World Fair in the '60s, and while it was sort of dinky and sort of silly then, it also represented a huge amount of clockwork mechanisms all working in sync -- something that isn't that easy even today.

Carousel of Progress. Ok. Sit while you're slowly spun in a circle looking at the previous 120 years or so and the same guy and his hapless family (Including Uncle Orville). Sort of silly, but still the same kind of memory.

Walt Disney Railroad. Slow, kind of boring, but wouldn't miss it for the world, especially since Walt Disney kept ownership of the trains when he handed over ownership of everything else. Love it! So did he!

Main street. Been there. Seen it. Read just about all the signs in all the windows (they change, just slowly). Still, it wouldn't be my desired experience without it.

No matter how banal, how we won't see it (because of my wife's physical reaction, we'll never again go on Mission Space so why do we need it? It's simply the best recreation of the experience you can get on Earth!), I still want it all to be there. Forever. WDW and DL and the rest aren't amusement parks or theme parks to me ... they're memories ane experiences. Much more important.

BigRedDad
10-01-2008, 11:33 AM
OK, there are classics that are outdated and to people that did not see them in the 70s, it is easy to discount. Everyone will have varying opinions, so here are mine:

1. Swiss Family Tree House: wasted space for a tree fort.
2. Aladdin's Flying Carpets: They already have several rides that go in a circle and up and down: Dumbo, Astro Orbiter: The one in Dinoland.
3. Frontierland Shooting Gallery: That same thing was there when I was peeing in my diaper when they first opened.
4. Fantasyland: All of the old attractions are extremely dated. They should revamp all of the classics and remake them with new technology. Rides with little rooms depicting a small scene is the same as any county fair.

That's all for now. I looked specifically at MK. I will think about the others as I think some more.

Disney fans..
10-01-2008, 11:33 AM
The only show that I would like to see gone is Dangerous Sounds...to me this has nothing to do with Disney.

joonyer
10-01-2008, 12:16 PM
I can't believe no one else has mentioned the TomorrowLand Speedway. The most lame, un-Disneyfied attraction in all WDW. It's not even close to as much fun as a go-kart ride at every two-bit cheesy/tacky road-side amusement park in the country. My boys have refused to waste time waiting in line (no matter how short) for it since they were 6 years old. :humph:

It demonstrates a complete lack of imagination and magic and is an embarrassment to the MAGIC Kingdom in my opinion. It should be replaced with anything that has some semblance of imagineering put into it.

OK . . . I'm off my soapbox now. :soapbox:

Greenlawler
10-01-2008, 12:18 PM
The Country Bears are Disney to me. I remember as a small child it being a huge deal with it's own gift shop. I have three boys who love it still today.
Granted it is poorly maintained, but there is something to be said for letting the nostalgia buffs have a bone every once in a while.
When you constantly refurb areas of the park they tend to look dated quickly. How long has it been since the Future World refurb? It already looks dated, the old classic Future World would be more fun to me and instead of looking cheesy it would look classic.
Anyways I digress stop hating on the bears, there are plenty of other areas that should go away FIRST.

mcjaco
10-01-2008, 12:24 PM
SOARIN!!!!!

Anyways, here's my list

Amen. I don't understand the excitement about this ride. There's no way I would wait two hours for this. I'm not sure I'd wait 15 minutes. The most over rated ride on the property.

KAT1811
10-01-2008, 12:27 PM
Geezawhiz! I don't think there are any rides that I would want done away with.

:ditto:

Maybe I'm just a Disney die hard but there isn't anything that I wouldn't want to do. There are some we skip for the sake of time so that we get all of our favorites in but we usually revisit them another day.

We went last September with a big group and one member of our party refused to ride anything in Fantasyland (granted they do not have children but still). :confused: I still don't understnad why not.

To each his own but I do LOVE IASW, classic Disney I think the girls made up ride it twice in a row last year. Actually come to think of it I think it was DH that made us ride it twice!!!

ThanxForNoticin
10-01-2008, 12:30 PM
I have to say that I intentionally log into Intercot to get away from the political rhetoric for just a few minutes during the day.

The Hall of Presidents is very well done and is an attraction I enjoy every few years to remind me of our American roots and optimism for the future. I hope they would never do away with it - but it might not be for everyone.

The only attraction I don't need to go back to is the Tiki Birds, but I know a lot of folks who do really enjoy it, so I hope they keep it!

TakeMe2EPCOT
10-01-2008, 12:30 PM
The Country Bears are Disney to me. I remember as a small child it being a huge deal with it's own gift shop. I have three boys who love it still today.
Granted it is poorly maintained, but there is something to be said for letting the nostalgia buffs have a bone every once in a while.
When you constantly refurb areas of the park they tend to look dated quickly. How long has it been since the Future World refurb? It already looks dated, the old classic Future World would be more fun to me and instead of looking cheesy it would look classic.
Anyways I digress stop hating on the bears, there are plenty of other areas that should go away FIRST.

Sorry...I just HATE that bear show. And mind you, I saw it first in the middle 70s right around the park opening, so it does have its nostalgia value, but even so, it just so boring and weird with that one fat bear singing about "blood on the saddle."

You are right, though--areas that are refurbed tend to look dated quickly. That's because they put contemporary design elements into them rather than timeless elements. What was contemporary in the 1990s is hideous today.

I do have to disagree about the Future World rehab, though. I think the retro 1950s remake was an excellent idea--it's timeless!

Oh, and I wanted to agree with the other poster about Soarin'. Change the name to Borin'. Or maybe Overratin'...wait in line forever, sit on what amounts to a porch swing, and watch one of those really big clip movies on a big screen.

TakeMe2EPCOT
10-01-2008, 12:36 PM
Me again...I forgot to add the Winnie the Pooh ride to the list of "can be skipped" attractions.

I was really disappointed. I guess it's great for kids, but replace a fast, energetic, thrilling ride like Mr. Toad with that pokey cruise through Pooh-town...why?

KAT1811
10-01-2008, 12:43 PM
I was really disappointed. I guess it's great for kids, but replace a fast, energetic, thrilling ride like Mr. Toad with that pokey cruise through Pooh-town...why?

Like you said the kids love it! While I do not love it my kids do and that does it for me! Just seeing their smiles and shouts makes it more exciting.

mdhiggin
10-01-2008, 01:03 PM
She ain't purty, but I ain't too. That's classic right there.

EmISeeKayEeWhy
10-01-2008, 01:04 PM
Me again...I forgot to add the Winnie the Pooh ride to the list of "can be skipped" attractions.

I actually think the pooh ride is ingenious! I love the way the car moves a certain way based on the terain. The first time i rode it and the car started wobbling in the flood, freaked me out.

Ian
10-01-2008, 01:34 PM
Well I agree with most of the obvious ones ... Swiss Family Treehouse, Stitch ( :ack: ), Country Bears (yeah, yeah ... I know it's a classic ... it just hasn't aged well ... ), the new Tiki Room (double :ack: ), the new Figment (triple :ack::ack::ack:), Sounds Dangerous, Aladdin, Dino-Rama ... but the real one for me is Fantasmic!

What an unbelievably, uncategorically, boring waste of 2 and a 1/2 hours. I absolutely cannot fathom why anyone would wait in line for as long as they do to sit on rock-hard metal benches and wait to watch outdated Disney movies projected on spraying water making them difficult to see. Horrible ... the worst. I'll never, ever get the appeal of this show.

I'd ride Small World 100 times over before sitting through one single showing of Fantasmic. I haven't been to see it in like 7 years and, if I can possibly avoid it, I'll never go back.

Fantasmic warrants 100 x :ack: in my book.

Polynesian Dweller
10-01-2008, 01:34 PM
DHS
-Sounds Dangerous, this is one of the worst attractions anywhere.
-Backlot Tour, without Residential Street its lost a lot of its meaning

MK
-Aladdin, why repeat Dumbo
-Swiss Family Tree House, walk up look at a room and walk down, huh?!?

Epcot
-Journey Into Imagination, one of the least imaginative attractions around and not just at Disney but anywhere

AKL
-Primevil Whirl and Tricerotops Spin, don't understand why the are there because they don't seem to fit into a Disney level park and TS is just yet another Dumbo

Ian
10-01-2008, 01:39 PM
MODERATOR ALERT!

Save the political commentary for the political boards out there. This thread is about rides or attractions you think are not "worth it."

Stick to that topic or your posts may be deleted. Political commentary is NOT a part of what we provide here at INTERCOT.

wdwfansince75
10-01-2008, 01:56 PM
To quote my dad, "If we all had the same tastes, we'd all be chasing my wife!".....many of the lists are personal taste....even Ian, who is as much a Disney nut as any of us, lists an attraction which most believe to be a "Must see".....I imagine many trips, with a wide variety of friends and relatives, and even those I personally prefer to avoid fit into tour plans for certain friends or relatives......Haven't done certain attractions in years, but have done virtually all....KAT1811 has it exactly right....I've even done Dumbo!
Bet there was at least one person who thought that Mr. Toad was a waste of space....maybe even one of you doesn't miss Horizons....so stay away from the attractions you don't like....shortens the queue for the rest of us!

TakeMe2EPCOT
10-01-2008, 01:58 PM
Don't get me wrong--Pooh is definitely a nice ride for the little guys. I just wish they would have put it in a new building and left Mr. Toad alone. I LOVED that ride! It was hilarious.

Of course it's very easy for a person like me to say, "...put it in a new building..." Disney can just wave its magic wand and vacant spots in the park just appear!

Demyx
10-01-2008, 01:59 PM
Magic Kingdom
Tiki Room - Yeah, it's classic, but it just doesn't appeal to me. The revamp really did not help either.
Hall of Presidents - Many people who defend this ride point out how historic and patriotic it is. Well, you can be historic, patriotic, and educational without being as dull as dirt. American Adventure at Epcot passes the test. This ride does not.
Peter Pan's Flight - Don't get me wrong, it's a cute ride. But the lines are astronomical at almost all times, and it's not an hour wait worth of cute.

Epcot
Circle Vision Movies (China and Canada) - This technology makes me more ill than enthralled.

MGM
Sounds Dangerous - Would anybody miss this if it were gone? Even the old show with Chevy Chase was far superior. I'm honestly amazed it's still around.

Animal Kingdom
Conservation Station - Nothing out here appeals to me enough to bother with the train ride and all.
IN MEMORIAM - Discovery River Boats - This thankfully defunct attraction is the patron saint of attractions that aren't worth it. Anyone else stand forty minutes in the blistering heat for this thing? I did! :D

TheWizofDiz
10-01-2008, 02:05 PM
As I read thru these responses, it is clear that we all have different feelings why we like or don't like a certain WDW show or ride. For me, much of it is nostalgia, since I went to DL and WDW a few times as a child.
Some of you may wonder why The Tomorrowland Speedway is still around? It is really just a spin off of the original Autopia in Disneyland that opened in 55'. Then, they didn't have a steel guide to keep you in your lane! It really is a Disney classic. I must admit, though, it can be a real long wait in line when the park is busy...and at 6'-1", I don't fit too well in the cars either! But it was fun when my kids where very young and they spent some time behind the wheel!
I clearly enjoy the "mix" of attractions from the speed of the RRRC and EE to the whimsy of IaSW and MAOWTP. If I wanted nothing but thrill experiences, I guess I would pack up and head to Busch Gardens or Cedar Point and hit coaster after coaster...WDW is not that, and Walt never intended it to be a thrill park and I hope that ideal will never change.
Also, if KS is just like going to a zoo, I don't think it would be as popular as it is...I think it is very well done! :thumbsup:

P.S. I also love the Frontierland Shootin' Arcade...my wife and I drop 50 cents in the slot and start blastin'! YEEE HAWW!:cowboy::cowgirl:

Wickster1970
10-01-2008, 03:34 PM
Tiki
Tiki
Tiki

Oh, and the Swiss Family Tree House. Not much of an attraction.

That's my :twocents:

joonyer
10-01-2008, 03:37 PM
. . . Some of you may wonder why The Tomorrowland Speedway is still around? It is really just a spin off of the original Autopia in Disneyland that opened in 55'. Then, they didn't have a steel guide to keep you in your lane! It really is a Disney classic. I must admit, though, it can be a real long wait in line when the park is busy...and at 6'-1", I don't fit too well in the cars either! But it was fun when my kids where very young and they spent some time behind the wheel!

Yes, it is true that the Tomorrowland Speed(not)Way can be called a Disney classic, but only because it is old, not because it has any magic. The "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" attraction was a Disney classic too, and it was 100 time more imaginative than the Speedway. Too bad that didn't stop Disney from removing it. I know that little kids think it is cool, but I believe that by using even just a little bit of "imagination", Disney could put a really cool attraction in this space that kids of all ages would enjoy and would be willing to wait in line to experience. It doesn't have to be a thrill ride, it could even be an upgrade to the "driving a car" concept, but the Speedway as it exists now is a lame joke of an attraction; like I said, it is so far beneath what is offered at tacky road-side local amusement parks, it has no business (anymore) being in a park called the MAGIC Kingdom.

At least some of the other not worth it attractions listed in this thread (Tiki Room, Stitch's Great Escape, Country Bear Jamboree, Swiss family Tree House, etc.) are different from what you can find at local "amusement" parks. Not true for the Speedway.

Demyx
10-01-2008, 03:39 PM
Oh, and the Swiss Family Tree House. Not much of an attraction.

Forgot about this one.

The underlying concept - walking through a hyper-detailed recreation of a Disney location - is a great one! Too bad it's a mediocre location from a mediocre movie.

Tomorrowland Speedway should be redone with a Mario Kart theme. Yes, I realize that is not Disney. No, I do not care. Real life Mario Kart would be the greatest kart ride evaaaar. But seriously, I like the speedway as long as the line isn't crazy. It's a fun diversion.

TakeMe2EPCOT
10-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Agreed about the Swiss Family Treehouse...it's cool that it looks so real and all, but it's an attraction from a mediocre, forgotten movie that kids don't even know about anymore (well, most don't, anyway).

It does have the advantage of granting guests an awesome high-up view of the park, though.

AllDisney
10-01-2008, 05:51 PM
Kali River Rapids.....I wear glasses and by the time buckets of water have poured over me, I've missed EVERYTHING:mad:

glenpreece
10-01-2008, 06:29 PM
2. Hall of PresidentsL I had to sit through it once NEVER AGAIN I literally fell asleep

I'd just like to state that I only mention this because I am canadian and have no interest in listening to the Presidents of the USA. Lol I remember on my Keys to the Kingdom Tour and I said I had never seen the hall of presidents. Good lord you'd think I said I hated Disney!! lol :)

laward32
10-01-2008, 06:53 PM
:down: American Idol...geeze, let's just bring the Gong Show back!

I have to agree with that one. I am tired of American Idol. Why would they bring that to Disney. Don't care for Stitch, Sounds Dangerous I have never done because of the reports. Sorry, I love the Tiki room. Country Bears needs a much needed upgrade, but its what I remember from my first trips to Disneyland.:mickey:

chrisb26
10-01-2008, 07:06 PM
Let's see there are lots of rides I don't do but they are not necessary not worth it I just choose to skip them :D

But ones i believe are not worth it are

MK:

The Winnie the Pooh ride and play ground - sorry but Winny the Pooh is just :sick:

Stitch - its not bad but Alien Encounter was 100X better

Epcot:

Soarin' - It is a fun ride but it is not even close to worth the 1-2 hour wait it almost always has especially now that the video quality seems to be declining.

MGM:

Sounds Dangerous - Would anybody miss this if it were gone? Even the old show with Chevy Chase was far superior. I'm honestly amazed it's still around.

The real question is would anybody even notice? :D You know I always said how much I didn't like this ride and then realized I actually hadn't rode it in several years so decided to go on again last trip and realized why I did bash it ;).

Backlot Tour - This used to be one of my favorite things to do then they took out the house backdrops and it really lost alot.

Animal Kingdom:

hmm not anything that I would say isn't worth it.

Simba's Mom
10-01-2008, 07:29 PM
I can't believe I haven't seen AstroOrbiter mentioned (although maybe someone did-I read fast). OMG-I hated that one! Sounds Dangerous is pretty boring, but it made me feel like I was listening to Firesign Theater, only G-rated.

TheWizofDiz
10-01-2008, 07:40 PM
[QUOTE=joonyer;1751846]Yes, it is true that the Tomorrowland Speed(not)Way can be called a Disney classic, but only because it is old, not because it has any magic. The "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" attraction was a Disney classic too, and it was 100 time more imaginative than the Speedway. Too bad that didn't stop Disney from removing it. but the Speedway as it exists now is a lame joke of an attraction; like I said, it is so far beneath what is offered at tacky road-side local amusement parks, it has no business (anymore) being in a park called the MAGIC Kingdom.]

Jooyner, I clearly am not trying to compare the Tomorrowland Speedway with 20K or any other attraction for that matter. My point is that this is a Disney classic spin off from the orignal Disneyland Autopia which opened in 1955. Walt thought it would be great for kids to be able to experience California freeway driving...I agree that the ride might not be magical for us older guys, but Walt designed that for the kids more than anything. You can't place kids under 10 yrs old behind the wheel at a roadside go cart track and let em' go! Here, kids can actually do it themselves and it is a big deal, as simple a ride as it seems. I have watched countless kids and kids that needed mom or dad to push the accelerator, while they steer cause the kids are just too small...and I always seem to see everyone having a great time! Some of those simple rides from the past can bring the most joy and happiness without being high tech. The MAGIC Kingdom's tagline is "The Happiest Place on Earth" and for good reason! :thumbsup:

BrowncatP
10-01-2008, 08:28 PM
I always go to Sounds Dangerous. I may be the only one out there that likes it. The Speedway is a waste of good space. Please Disney-how many more Dumbo rides are you going to build?? Disney World should only have one, and that is Dumbo!

emmbowles
10-01-2008, 09:51 PM
I Hate the Hall of Presidents. My parents would always drag me to see it when I was a kid, so this opinion started early on. Then when I visited MK in 2005, I thought to myself,"I haven't seen that since I was a kid and maybe I'd like it now." Umm, NOPE! Its still awful!!!

Davyjones
10-01-2008, 10:15 PM
5.Kilimanjaro Safari: If I wanted to look at animals I'd go to the Toronto Zoo.

There's more but those are the main ones.

If you don't want to see animals, why would you go to AK?

JasonH
10-01-2008, 10:56 PM
Hmmm, this is a tough one for me. I wouldn't say there are attractions that are not worth it, just that some I've outgrown or I didn't like the direction it went with any upgrades/refurbs.

Dumbo/Magic Carpets/Astro Orbiter - These I'll still ride, but only with my niece.
Laugh Floor Comedy Club - I've been once, thought the corny jokes were best left to the Jungle Cruise skippers. :D
Hall of Presidents - When it was changed to where the current President would speak along with Abraham Lincoln, they also changed how Abe sounds, the narrator and some parts of the film. I thought it best to keep the original. So I've not seen it since that time.
Tomorrowland Speedway - Outgrown it is all.
Mission:Space - Won't do the orange version for a while, at least not until my body physique becomes less substantial. :D Otherwise, I'm wanting to try the green version so I can still get a fix.
Backlot Tour - This has lost a lot of pizzazz when they cut out the walking part of the tour and cut out a lot of the tram ride-through too. Just isn't the same anymore.
Playhouse Disney - Only see when with my niece.

Other than those, I'll pretty well ride or see anything else, including Toontown. Sometimes you just gotta get your toon fix and get some autographs and pix with em!!:mickey:

Pirate & Princess Mom
10-01-2008, 11:19 PM
Epcot
1. Ellens Energy Adventure - way to long and boring - saw it once in 2001 and will never go back
2. Grand Fiesta Snore:sleepin: excuse me Tour
3. Movies in WS
DHS
1. Sounds Dangerous
2. Lights, Motors, Action - totally not worth walking across park for a show time
Animal Kingdom
1. Mickeys Jammin Jungle Parade - how lame can you get
Magic Kingdom
1. Astro Orbiter - elevator ride up is more exciting than the ride itself
2. Country Bear Jamboree - better quality at your local Chuck E Cheese joint - my wife forces me to take the kids while she shops

Greenlawler
10-02-2008, 01:09 AM
[QUOTE=TakeMe2EPCOT;1751639]Sorry...I just HATE that bear show. And mind you, I saw it first in the middle 70s right around the park opening, so it does have its nostalgia value, but even so, it just so boring and weird with that one fat bear singing about "blood on the saddle."

You are right, though--areas that are refurbed tend to look dated quickly. That's because they put contemporary design elements into them rather than timeless elements. What was contemporary in the 1990s is hideous today.

I do have to disagree about the Future World rehab, though. I think the retro 1950s remake was an excellent idea--it's timeless!
QUOTE]

Of course I am a little biased I grew up in Nashville. I love seeing the bears who were designed after the popular country music stars of the day. I understand why some don't like it I just get a little defensive of the attraction, I don't want it to get the "Toad treatment" .
We will just have to disagee on the Future World refurb. I think its bad.

AnnetteFan
10-02-2008, 02:52 AM
I feel like people are sort of missing the point of this thread. By saying something is worth skipping or not worth waiting in a huge line for, it doesn't mean it's a waste of space or you think it should be removed, it's just something you personally aren't interested in spending your time on.

For me it's Space Mountain. I like Space Mountain and all, if it's a rainy day in October and no one is in line for it or I have a fastpass, I'll gladly go on it however if the park is packed and there's a 2 hour plus wait, it isn't a must do. I can ride a rollercoaster anywhere.

There are several rides that I love and think are great rides, Peter Pan's Flight for instance, but it doesn't mean I'd want to stand in a long line for it or make it a priority if I was pressed for time.

Demyx
10-02-2008, 10:25 AM
For me it's Space Mountain. I like Space Mountain and all, if it's a rainy day in October and no one is in line for it or I have a fastpass, I'll gladly go on it however if the park is packed and there's a 2 hour plus wait, it isn't a must do. I can ride a rollercoaster anywhere.

Ooh, I'm going to second this one before a bunch of people jump in and proclaim their love for Space Mountain. :D Space Mountain is far from a waste of space, and the ride building is beautiful, but it's my least favorite coaster in the World. Too jerky, usually makes me feel a little off. I'll always skip Space in favor of another go-round of Big Thunder or Splash.

Disneyfan1971
11-08-2008, 03:46 PM
I've only been to Disney six times and I must say that I ride everything that I have time for. Of course I ALWAYS ride Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain and Haunted Mansion. But all the rides are classics, no matter how "out dated" they are. Not many people can afford to go every year or twice a year..it's just too much money.

For some people, going to Disney is a once in a life time event. I understand there are those who don't like certain rides and that's fine.

And even though i'm 37..when we go I'm going to ride Dumbo's Flying Elephants (was one of the first things I rode my first visit in 1980) :mickey: And will DEFINITELY ride It's a Small World :thumbsup:

bertasso59
11-08-2008, 03:54 PM
-Sounds Dangerous
-Universe of Energy
-Test Trak
-Stitch
Honey I shrunk the Audience

A Big Kid
11-08-2008, 06:30 PM
What an unbelievably, uncategorically, boring waste of 2 and a 1/2 hours. I absolutely cannot fathom why anyone would wait in line for as long as they do to sit on rock-hard metal benches and wait to watch outdated Disney movies projected on spraying water making them difficult to see. Horrible ... the worst. I'll never, ever get the appeal of this show.

At least they are not metal hard rock benches, right?

AmandaChan
11-09-2008, 03:23 AM
Country Bears, Tiki Birds, and Sounds Dangerous I can all agree on. We usually catch these attractions when we need a break and there's typically no line for them anyways.

However It's a Small World is one of my favorites, particularly because I'm a huge Mary Blair fan. I think it's a favorite of most small children. It's not a ride I would wait 20 minutes to ride but because there is never a huge line when we get around to it we always ride it. I actually really love the circle vision movies, they're very beautifully done and intriguing. It's just a lot more convenient to catch them right before the come on than to wait for them

The only attraction I've been DEAD SET on hatin' is the sorry excuse for a Narnia attraction for the first film. I haven't seen the second one, so I can't comment on that one. If I would have known how bad it was when we waited 20+ minutes for it I would have kept walking by. Every time I would see people waiting in long lines for it I always felt bad for them. Sorry to the die hard Narnia fans, no offense.

tjstrike
11-09-2008, 04:12 AM
How about opening a new park for all the classic rides, that would make space in the other parks for newer technology ?

mainemajor
11-09-2008, 02:05 PM
Rides that I can skip are
MK
Swiss Family Tree House - I feel its boring
Aladin's Magic Carpets - Dumbo is better
Frontier Land Shooting Gallery - I can do this at the state fair
Astro Orbiter
Speedway
Space Mt. - I like this ride, but it is not worth much wait
Epcot
Movies in the counties
American Adventure - I have seen twice, but fallen asleep both times
Honey I shrank the Audience - time to have a newer movie
DHS
Fantasmic:ack::ack::ack:
Sounds Dangerous
Playground
AK
Primevil whirl
Tri ceritops

DakotaDisney
11-09-2008, 09:14 PM
I'd say none of the attractions are not-worth-it attractions.

If it is your first time or if there is an attraction that you haven't been on they are all worth going on at least once.

Unless it is an attraction that you know you can't handle physically.

Once you have been on or seen an attraction at least once for yourself, then you can decide which ones you wouldn't do again. Which one you like and don't like.

But every attraction is worth doing once! You never know you might love it!:mickey:

kemps@wdw
11-09-2008, 09:16 PM
I LUV 'EM ALL!!! :twocents: As many people as there are at any given time @ WDW, someone likes some of the attractions ALL of the time. Sure, there are some that we skip for one reason or another, but our skips are anothers faves. IMHO all of WDW is a treasure! Attractions will come and go and refurbs are a given. Change is inevitable. And some are good and some ...well..not-so-good. But how will they know if they don't try? But we, as WDW lovers, will always love the classics, :cloud9: welcome the newcomers, :welcome: and say a fond, if not well deserved, good-bye :wave: to the "duds".

Mackflava99
11-09-2008, 09:28 PM
I disagree with Country Bears- that is such a great show- its funny and if it still makes me chuckle.
Listen to the songs closely next time...

Also the Tiki room, is good too- classic Disney-
Remember its Disney not Universal.

minnesotafreeze
11-09-2008, 10:09 PM
Every attraction at Epcot.:mickey:

DisneyNut2005
11-09-2008, 11:35 PM
I agree with DakotaDisney that every attraction is worth it, if only for the sake of just trying any specific one once and chalking it up as experience. Hating on certain attractions so constantly and mercilessly is not healthy, IMO.

After all, it's best to reserve judgement on ANY attraction before you go to experience it for yourself. And then after you actually experience it, form your OWN opinions.

DisneyNut2005
11-09-2008, 11:44 PM
Well I agree with most of the obvious ones ... Swiss Family Treehouse, Stitch ( :ack: ), Country Bears (yeah, yeah ... I know it's a classic ... it just hasn't aged well ... ), the new Tiki Room (double :ack: ), the new Figment (triple :ack::ack::ack:), Sounds Dangerous, Aladdin, Dino-Rama ... but the real one for me is Fantasmic!

I totally disagree with all of those.

Why do you always have to be hating, Ian?

Then again, I think that you probably DO like all of those attractions deep down and are hating them just to stir things up around here. :)

If not, then maybe it's time stop hatin' and start lovin'. :D

mrsgaribaldi
11-10-2008, 03:32 AM
Sounds Dangerous -we never do
COP- I appreciate the sentiment that Walt actually had alot to do with this one. I think it would be nice if they could update it to include a scene in the new century. This way when they talk about the turn of the century, we can all be on the same page.
The Country Bears- we did once as adults, it was enough for us.
The tree house we did once at night and I fell and broke my camera :( I'm not a fan of the tree house.
Stitch we do ever now and then. Wouldn't wait a long time for it. I prefer to ride Buzz over and over again:blush:

RAIDER
11-10-2008, 07:11 AM
Sounds Dangerous :ack::ack::ack:
Stich :ack::ack::ack:
Tikki Birds :ack:

mcjaco
11-10-2008, 02:19 PM
While everyone knows I'm a DW nut, there are quite a few attractions that, well, can be skipped. It's a matter of opinion of course, but what's your list? Here's mine:

Country Bears - some of the greatest music in any of hte DIsney original showes, and it's under massive refurbishment, so the sound argument will soon be unfounded.

Stich - totally agree, although I wasn't a fan of Alien Encounter either.

IASW - Either you love it, or hate it. It's a classic, so it's not going anywhere.

Tiki Birds - Agree, go back to the original, DL's still draws a good crowd.

Circle Vision Movies - again, Canada's was replaced last year, and France's is supposed to be. They're mostly scenic movies, so updating them isn't that big of a need.

Sounds Dangerous - I still like it. It forces you to use your imagination a bit, not have stuff forced down your throat. I also recently had surgery to repair a major hearing loss, so it's almost ll new to me.

Airblue1
11-10-2008, 02:23 PM
Tom Sawyer

Roland
11-11-2008, 09:29 AM
SOARIN!!!!!

No argument here! After one or two times, the appeal was lost for me. In fact, I was wishing Food Rocks was back!

PeterPan
11-12-2008, 01:04 AM
This subject absolutly infuriates me. It has been on here for about six weeks, and I have avoided it. I guess I will go ahead and say something. I said something similar several years ago.

WHAT A SPOILED SOCIETY WE ARE that we can be so picky and choosey about what is not "WORTH IT" at Walt Disney World.
People! Do you realize what you are saying?

Think of the millions (yes, millions) of people who would give ANYTHING to come to WDW for even one day and ride ANY RIDE AT ALL. Their dream is just to get thru the gate. Maybe not even ride anything - just be allowed to wander around and look.

How smug, how indulged we are to sit around and declare some world-class ride, show, or attraction as "not worth our time." I personally consider it a priviledge (albiet one I have PAID FOR) to spend the day at ANY Disney theme park. How wonderful! How rare! How pleasant and magical! How UNDERSERVING!

Sure, you can say "Well, I PAID for this experience, so I can cast dispersions on anything I like."

I guess you can.

It may be boring to YOU, but it is a dream come true for thousands upon thousands of others. And for many, many more thousands, it will be a dream that NEVER comes true. They will never get thru the gate. And if they could, I am absolutely CERTAIN they would think Tikis fascinating, the Bears hilarious, Small World as enchanting, Stich as brilliant, and Carousel of Progress as pure nostalgia.

Maybe my comment will cause a firestorm, I don't know. All I know is, we are awfully SPOILED as a society when we can sit around and declare these cherished, world-class entertainments as not worth our time.

And by the way ... what does "not worth it" mean, anyway? You PAID for every single attraction when you bought your ticket.

azcavalier
11-12-2008, 09:07 AM
This subject absolutly infuriates me. It has been on here for about six weeks, and I have avoided it. I guess I will go ahead and say something. I said something similar several years ago.

WHAT A SPOILED SOCIETY WE ARE that we can be so picky and choosey about what is not "WORTH IT" at Walt Disney World.

Think of the millions (yes, millions) of people who would give ANYTHING to come to WDW for even one day and ride ANY RIDE AT ALL. Their dream is just to get thru the gate. Maybe not even ride anything - just be allowed to wander around and look.

How smug, how indulged we are to sit around and declare some world-class ride, show, or attraction as "not worth our time." I personally consider it a priviledge (albiet one I have PAID FOR) to spend the day at ANY Disney theme park. How wonderful! How rare! How pleasant and magical! How UNDERSERVING!

Sure, you can say "Well, I PAID for this experience, so I can cast dispersions on anything I like."

I guess you can.

It may be boring to YOU, but it is a dream come true for thousands upon thousands of others. And for many, many more thousands, it will be a dream that NEVER comes true. They will never get thru the gate. And if they could, I am absolutely CERTAIN they would think Tikis fascinating, the Bears hilarious, Small World as enchanting, Stich as brilliant, and Carousel of Progress as pure nostalgia.

Maybe my comment will cause a firestorm, I don't know. All I know is, we are awfully SPOILED as a society when we can sit around and declare these cherished, world-class entertainments as not worth our time.

And by the way ... what does "not worth it" mean, anyway? You PAID for every single attraction when you bought your ticket.

No, I don't think that you'll get flamed for saying it. I was thinking something like this the other day. I was talking to a guy at church that had taken his family to WDW, and we were talking about where we stayed, ate, etc, etc. Well, standing right there was another guy that goes to church with us who is a social worker and graduate student, with a stay-at-home wife and six kids. I don't think that they'll ever be able to afford to take that family to WDW. And it's a shame. They're great people, and great kids. I'd love to take them and show them around. But who can afford that? They'll never get the experiences and memories that my kids have with us going to WDW.

Now, that's not to say that these kids aren't happy and perfectly contented not having a clue what they're missing (I think that they're a little sheltered). But still....

In any case, there are things at Disney that I don't enjoy, but I just do the things that I do, and i'm perfectly happy.

Imagineer1981
11-12-2008, 10:17 AM
Try to remember that just because you maybe 20/30/40+ years old now and you think that Swiss Family Robinson tree house, or Country Bears or Fantasyland seem outdated, kids ABSOLUTELY love those attractions. They use their imaginations and those attractions spark their interests. To them the country bears are alive and really singing to them and we need to be respectful of that. Just because you've rode it 25 times doesn't mean it is old and needs to be replaced

"SULLEY "RULES!!
11-12-2008, 07:15 PM
Carrosel of Progress was BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next trip: 11/24 thru 12/5 @ the POP
( In 12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 days to go and counting ):woohoo::yay::joy::party2::fworks:

hubbyofadisneyholic
11-12-2008, 09:30 PM
If nothing else a thread like this shows that if you look hard enough you will find people that love and hate just about every attraction at WDW.
As I've read the comments I keep saying to myself "what's wrong with him for not liking this?" or "how can she possibly enjoy that?"

But the fact is WDW is built to appeal to a variety of people from a number of different backgrounds and cultures. And as several previous posts have pointed out, what is totally boring to an adult can easily be the most exciting thing ever to a small child.

There are attractions that you could only get me on with a gun at my head, but that doesn't mean I feel they should be torn down, depriving those that DO enjoy them the opportunity.

OK, off the :soapbox:

SandmanGStefani24
11-12-2008, 10:17 PM
before i say this, i'd like to say i'd take a lousy attraction at WDW over better one elsewhere...

that said...I think these attractions gotta go!
:drill:

Circle of Life film-preachy and not very funny. i mean come on, who among us SUPPORTS pollution?! why the guilt trip in such a happy place?

another vote for stitch

the backlot tour-shame too, since this used to rock. either revamp it like crazy to sack it.

Laughin' place
11-13-2008, 01:01 PM
Here's one Im surprised I havent seen -- Mad Hatter Teacups. In my opinion, lacking in every way (story, theme, line, ride, etc.)
That being said, my lovely wife and I went for our first time together this summer. As soon as she saw this ride, she lit up. She told me all her stories about how her dad would ride with her, even tho it made him sick. Those memories meant a lot to her, and we ended up with lots of rides and pictures. I think this says something about why some love a ride that others abhor or just dont "get". Im glad WDW provides so much diversity, so we can all find our own magic. If you read this, I love you so much Elizabeth

mermaidmarian
11-13-2008, 01:10 PM
I strongly object to Country Bear Jamboree and It's A Small World being on that list. These are classics and we still enjoy them on every visit. However, I wouldn't mind an occasional update (such as recently done on HM) to keep them fresh.

Country Bear Jamboree - what ever happened to the multiple shows? They were alternating between the Jamboree and the Vacation Hoedown for a while, but have been stuck on the Jamboree for maybe a decade now. And why no Christmas show?

It's A Small World - I'm anxiously awaiting Disneyland's refurbishment to complete, as rumor has it that they are adding new show elements, such as Alice In Wonderland for the England segment. Perhaps WDW will follow suit as it did with HM.

But even without updates these attractions are still worth seeing in my opinion.

Oh I agree! IASM is absolutely gorgeous. I say that being someone who, at a younger age, thought it cloying and sentimental and not at all exciting, and who was reintroduced to it shortly after its renovation when I brought my then 4 year old son on it, who loved and it and still loves it (and he is a Triple Coaster Whammy kid). Just about everyone has made a joke at IASM's expense. That's okay. But check it out again. Maybe you have to grow up again (or down) to like it. It makes my heart happy every time.:cloud9:

Country bears is, IMO, hysterical - a total goof. I cannot believe what a rip it is on that whole genre.

Disney Doll
11-13-2008, 01:24 PM
For me the only attractions that are not worth it are ones with a long line. I'll do almost anything if the wait is not too bad. I make strategic use of fast pass and I do some of the headliners early in the morning. Of course there are things that I enjoy more than others and you can never fit it all in, but I'm not sure there's anything I'd want to axe.

pdrlkr
11-13-2008, 07:53 PM
At least they are not metal hard rock benches, right?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :high5:

mom2morgan
11-14-2008, 05:26 PM
I look at it a little differently - I have limited time on my vacation, and want to get the most possible fun out of it. If I had a lot more time and a lot more money, I bet I could spend a couple of months at Disney to try out every single attraction! But the problem is that I have to make choices, and it would be a shame to miss out on something I might love by going on a bunch of things that aren't quite as good. Without being a disney veteran, how would I know? So I have to read the opinions of others to decide for myself. One example: I've only been once before. I did NOT go on Soarin', and from what I've read since, I REALLY missed out something I'd enjoy very much. I spent a LOT of time in line going on Mission Space and Test Track, neither of which I really enjoyed. My time would have been much better spent heading straight to Soarin', and I read these threads with interest to help me plan my upcoming trip, in December.

I guess you can.

KatMark
11-15-2008, 09:22 PM
I've done all of these, but if I never do them again, I won't lose any sleep over them:

1. Caroussel of Progress (this is where I take my catnap since DH insists on doing it every year)
2. Stitch
3. Speedway (or whatever it is called with the race cars that don't really race)
4. Laugh Comedy--sorry, it just isn't funny to me

LudwigVonDrake
11-16-2008, 12:07 PM
American Adventure (I fell asleep the only time I saw it and my snoring :sleepin: woke me up) and Stitch's Great Escape (Alien Encounter was so much better!).

speedmouse93
11-16-2008, 12:36 PM
I can skip and not miss Living with the Land, Barnstormer, Sounds Dangerous, Kali River Rapids, and Flying Carpets and Triceratops Spin(why does there have to be 3 of the same ride)

Daisy'sMom
11-16-2008, 01:55 PM
I could never go to MK and not see COP. It is like Christmas without a Santa.

danimator
12-04-2008, 09:35 PM
I could never go to MK and not see COP. It is like Christmas without a Santa.

Truly. DW and I absolutely adore COP. Some friends we took last time sort of scratched their heads; but I love the pure nostalgia of it. It's pure 'Walt'; all pluck and optimism, joy and hope, retro and futurism; family and Americana. It's absolutely charming.

Speedy1998
12-07-2008, 09:30 PM
What amazes me is how everyone keeps saying how much they hate a particular ride because it is outdated or boring. However, when one closes or is upadated everyone complains about it. Some attractions like Mr. Todd's wild ride, Horizons, Alien Encounter, and If you have Wings seem to have more fans now then when they were open.

Disney is a business, just because you do not like something does not mean that everyone does not like it. If an attraction was not bringing in a crowd Disney would close it. So even if an attraction does not seem to be bring in large crowds it probably is. Many of the attractions that I have seen people list are shows which can have several thousand guest go through in an hour.

Speedy1998
12-07-2008, 09:38 PM
Flying Carpets and Triceratops Spin(why does there have to be 3 of the same ride)

Simple, because children love them and there is always a long line. And if you really want to get techinical about there are 4 of the same ride Triceratops Spin, Dumbo, Aladin's Flying Carpets, and Astor Obitor. All more or less the same ride, all had at least a 40 minute wait when I was there last March, and all are extremely popular with families with small children.

kemps@wdw
12-07-2008, 09:44 PM
:twocents: As for me...I LOVE THEM ALL!! I'm always just happy to be there! Fortunately, there is something for everyone. We don't skip any attractions because we don't like them. Usually, we'll skip because our DD is a teenager now, so the attractions geared towards the younger ones, are not really a draw for her anymore, with a few exceptions! :mickey:

EditReject
12-07-2008, 11:12 PM
She ain't purty, but I ain't too. That's classic right there.

"Liver Lips" McGraw!

I just got back today from WDW and while I am there, I never miss the Country Bears. They are a classic. If they were to never change a note, that would be fine by me. Look at what happens when you tamper with a classic (i.e. Tiki Room and Journey Into Imagination).

Bottom line is that each person's tastes are different. If you do not like a certain attraction or a certain park, then just don't go on it or there.

johnO
12-08-2008, 10:46 AM
There are plenty of rides that we "skip" when we are at WDW, but most of the time it is due to time constraints, not because we detest a particular ride like so many here have displayed.

We've all got our own opinions on the quality of rides etc. I think it would be difficult to list rides that I would absolutely NOT go to if I had the time. The fact of the matter is, it is a rarity to be at WDW when you are without time constraints, therefore, we all prioritize to our own liking. There are plenty of rides that I think are 'boring' but I'd ride anyway if I had enough time.

Often times when we come to the end of our stay at WDW I realize we didn't see 'this' or didn't ride 'that', and all I can do is wish that we had more time. There are some attractions that I've been meaning to go to for several trips now but have failed to make the "time".

ihavealipfreckle
12-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Agreed about the Swiss Family Treehouse...it's cool that it looks so real and all, but it's an attraction from a mediocre, forgotten movie that kids don't even know about anymore (well, most don't, anyway).

It does have the advantage of granting guests an awesome high-up view of the park, though.

I think the problem here is that the kids aren't watching the movie. It's a wonderful movie! My kids will DEFINITELY watch it when I have them, same w/ 20000 leagues under the sea and all the other good ones!

Stitch can go. It almost made me sick! All the other ones that I can think of I go to if there is time! That is the only one I really avoid on purpose.

SBETigg
12-08-2008, 04:49 PM
The only WDW attraction that has ever fallen into the absolute not worth it category for me was Sounds Dangerous with Drew Carey. In my opinion, that was really painful to sit through, pointless and not worth it, even as a cool dark place to nap.

Mickey91
12-09-2008, 10:57 AM
For me it is Sounds Dangerous and the car stunt thing at DHS.:ack:

FenwayGirl
12-09-2008, 02:00 PM
Stitch

DisneyOtaku
12-10-2008, 08:47 AM
The only ride I constantly skip is the Astro Orbiter. It is waaaaaaay too highup for me to properly enjoy it. :sick:

4ubie1
12-10-2008, 09:39 AM
I have to agree with others here by saying there are not any that I detest absolutely...It is just due to my limited time there that I prefer to go on some before I do others. For instance, I would go on any other ride in MK than do astro orbitor or dumbo or flying carpets only 'cause i get :sick: on the spinning up and down rides. Now if one of my family members just HAD to go on one and no one else would go with them, then I would go. I can be a team player :thumbsup:

Wishmaker
12-14-2008, 10:55 AM
Do I dare... sure it's just a list... I think. Opinions are what makes the world go around, that is why there are so many choices. This is jsut for conversating purposes.... Right?

Mostly I only skip things due to time at the park. But I do have some least favs here they are, in no particular order

1. Stitch.... Sorry it scared the poo out of me and I'm a 32 year old women. :scared:
2. The circle visions, I have tried but I think I was to excited about everything else :woohoo:
3. Sounds Dangerous did kinda bore me, I am sure it works for some not my cup of tea. :confused:
4. Honey I shrunk the audience, the mice did me in, again scared the poo out of me. :scared:
5. Star Tours.... I just can't do it. I love it but can't handle to virtual it makes me sick. :ill:

My daughter has a much different list. But she goes on what I like and I go on what she likes. We compromise.
1. Hall of presidents - she can't stand it
2. It's a small world - she'd rather be poked in the eye but she's a trooper

Can't think of anymore. Have a great trip on your next go around. See what you want to see in the time alotted and don't feel guilty of what you skipp, Walt don't mind, that is why he made so many different attractions. :thumbsup:

stitchaholic
12-14-2008, 07:17 PM
I cannot beleive soaring was on this list,it was a great ride and still is everytime,i love it.
what i didn't love was the great movie ride,sound dangerous and i will definitly agree with the hall of presidents.

mrsgaribaldi
12-15-2008, 06:22 AM

I guess you can.

The 55+ people that answered this post are not "SOCIETY". We're answering a post on a web site about Disney. If it infuriated you so much, maybe you should have ignored it instead of insulting us. You know nothing about me, I'm not smug or spoiled.
Sorry to the rest of you that I went off topic, but this post was way out of line, in my opinion.

rkwctw
12-15-2008, 06:31 PM
Man, I agree with the last poster. By the way Small World is my DW's favorite, but me and the kids would love to have tennis balls on the ride. I also agree with everyone who said bring back AE, Stitch is not much fun. The Bears and Tiki Birds are outdated as well. Have seen the films at Epcot, no reason to see them again. Walt Disney died 42 years ago today and my DW's birthday is today and she is 42.

AnnetteFan
12-16-2008, 08:05 PM

I guess you can.

It doesn't really make sense for someone to sit through or stand in line for attractions they aren't really interested in just because they're lucky to be at Disney World. That's why Disney has so many different attractions, because not every attraction appeals to everyone. I don't need to wait in an hour line for Dumbo when it isn't something I enjoy and I'm not a bad person for not liking the ride. I guarentee that even those only lucky enough to go to Disney only once still find certain attractions unappealing. I don't think we should be guilted into liking every single ride just because it's Disney.

lighteningqueen
12-20-2008, 03:58 PM
We didn't get to see Honey I shrunk the audience last year or Figment. Now I know why. I would think that Disney would be embarrassed to have those things in their parks. Honey was the very worst waste of space I have ever seen. Even at six flaggs. It's old looking and just plain dumb.And figment, well doesn't even thrill our 4 year old. He said never again Grandmama, stood forever in the lobby of Honey and watched nothing really. Long stand for such a terrible waste of time. Road Soarin for first time waited 45 minutes, won't do that again once is enough besides I doubt they will change the scenery for 10 years. Great movie ride needs some major scene changes. Won't do that either even though it's a sit down for a few minutes ride.

mom2morgan
12-22-2008, 04:10 PM
We didn't get to see Honey I shrunk the audience last year or Figment. Now I know why. I would think that Disney would be embarrassed to have those things in their parks. Honey was the very worst waste of space I have ever seen. Even at six flaggs. It's old looking and just plain dumb.And figment, well doesn't even thrill our 4 year old. He said never again Grandmama, stood forever in the lobby of Honey and watched nothing really. Long stand for such a terrible waste of time. Road Soarin for first time waited 45 minutes, won't do that again once is enough besides I doubt they will change the scenery for 10 years. Great movie ride needs some major scene changes. Won't do that either even though it's a sit down for a few minutes ride.

All four members of my family enjoyed "Honey I shrunk the audience" so much in 2006 that we were very disappointed not to have time to get back to it this time.

PirateLover
12-27-2008, 03:23 PM
Sounds Dangerous and Honey I Shrunk the Audience are the only two attractions I would absolutely never do again. Sounds Dangerous is the only one that I'd actively persuade someone else not to do. People tried to tell me not to do it and I went on anyway in lieu of repeating Tower of Terror. I really regretted that decision. And for the record I think I happen to be one of the most unselfish, least smug people I know.

readytogo2
12-28-2008, 04:23 PM
Someone said Sorin and Caroulsel of Progress should be gone. Sorin is my favorite and Carousel of Progress was Walts orginal design, so you cant get rid of it. Also when your tired it is a nice sit down ride.

Now Honey i shrunk the kids and Stitch i will agree on.

But It's A Small World, yes it is annoying but it is an original you cant get rid of it.

doverfox
12-28-2008, 05:03 PM
think we need to look at this through different aged eyes.
the one i get off of and say never again is journey into energy why close body wars and keep this?
somethings i dont get at disney though that was because i was english. never meet anyone from the uk who hasnt had a pint in the rose and crown in epcot.
some rides are great for going for a quick sleep on the carousel of progress and beer school at seaworld

WDWRox
12-30-2008, 09:40 AM
Useless, waste of time attractions in WDW (IMO):

It's a Small World
Jungle Cruise
Tomorrowland Speedway
Stitch's Great Escape
Sounds Dangerous
El Rio de Tiempo
Journey into Your Imagination
Hester & Chester's Dino-Rama
ANY and ALL live shows
Enchanged Tiki Room
Country Bear Jamboree
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
Universe of Energy (needs a SERIOUS overhaul)
Star Tours
Kali River Rapids

OBVIOUSLY......not everyone is going to agree with this list, and that's fine. I'm not advocating or marching for everyone to stay away from these attractions. Some people love them dearly and that's fine. I'm just saying these are the things that I, personally, refrain from taking in because I found no entertainment value in them at all. I simply go on my way and enjoy my favorite attractions more often.

wdwfansince75
12-30-2008, 10:20 AM
I'm surprised that this thread remains active....but for my additional two cents.....we are at cross puproses here.....Intercot is one of the best, most informative WDW sites....I refer anyone who expresses an interest in a Disney trip to this site.....full of mostly positive info on the World. This thread strongly reflects the views of those who have been there so often, that some of the magic has become tarnished. Even on those rides that are no longer "must do's" for me or my family, I see smiles and hear giggles and gasps from others. It's "worth it" to someone. That makes it "worth it" to me.

texasteacher
03-20-2009, 12:54 AM
Mk - Winnie the Pooh ride
Epcot - I love Figment, the character, but the ride is horrible. Why did they remove Dreamfinder?
HS - Sounds Dangerous is ridiculous and I also hate Muppet Vision but my son loves it.
AK - It's a Bugs Life

texasteacher
03-20-2009, 12:57 AM
Useless, waste of time attractions in WDW (IMO):

It's a Small World
Jungle Cruise
Tomorrowland Speedway
Stitch's Great Escape
Sounds Dangerous
El Rio de Tiempo
Journey into Your Imagination
Hester & Chester's Dino-Rama
ANY and ALL live shows
Enchanged Tiki Room
Country Bear Jamboree
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
Universe of Energy (needs a SERIOUS overhaul)
Star Tours
Kali River Rapids

OBVIOUSLY......not everyone is going to agree with this list, and that's fine. I'm not advocating or marching for everyone to stay away from these attractions. Some people love them dearly and that's fine. I'm just saying these are the things that I, personally, refrain from taking in because I found no entertainment value in them at all. I simply go on my way and enjoy my favorite attractions more often.

Those are the ones I usually skip, but I do like Star Tours. I like the queing area, but I am a big Star Wars fan.

WDW_Obsessed
03-20-2009, 08:37 AM
I'm surprised that this thread remains active....but for my additional two cents.....we are at cross puproses here.....Intercot is one of the best, most informative WDW sites....I refer anyone who expresses an interest in a Disney trip to this site.....full of mostly positive info on the World. This thread strongly reflects the views of those who have been there so often, that some of the magic has become tarnished. Even on those rides that are no longer "must do's" for me or my family, I see smiles and hear giggles and gasps from others. It's "worth it" to someone. That makes it "worth it" to me.

WELL SAID!!! I think this is the best post on this whole thread, and I really appreciate you pointing this out :thumbsup:

Mickey91
03-20-2009, 08:49 AM
Stitch

The new SSE

Universe of Energy with Ellen - loved the original version

Figment - loved the original

Mission Space:sick:

Nemo Show - How stupid! People racing around with puppets!

Dinoland

Sounds Dangerous

The new O Canada

Poohs playful spot

brownie
03-20-2009, 09:06 AM
They're all worth trying at least once, however here's my list of attractions I don't really need to repeat:

Sounds Dangerous
Triceratops Spin
Sounds Dangerous
Playhouse Disney Live

PeterPan
03-20-2009, 11:55 AM
I would just like to go on record as saying, I really, really dislike (I am avoiding the word "HATE") these negative, irrelevant threads. What is the POINT of sitting around complaining about these attractions that are "NOT WORTH IT." It really angers me, actually. ANY of these that you list will invariably be someones most CHERISHED Disney experience. It is ALL very, very subjective. Give it up people. Why waste your time listing things that are not worth your time. You think you are helping someone else make their decision about what they will or won't do at WDW? Just because you do not care for a particular attraction does not mean that it won't be the next person's very FAVORITE experience of their entire lives.

I remember when the movie "Raiders of the Lost Ark" came out. Some guy told me "What a waste of my time. SO not worth my time and money." I believed him. Later, when I saw the movie, I thought "I will be SO CAREFUL about who I listen to in regards to criticism." Because (it goes without saying) "Raiders" is one of my most favorite movies of all time.

It is ALL in the eyes of the beholder.

j&j
03-20-2009, 04:01 PM
lot of rides have have done or will never do again. tower of terror no way, small world not again the music no way. never mission and will not.:mickey::mickey::mickey:

javamama
03-21-2009, 03:42 PM
I'm not a hater either, just not a big fan of some stuff like the tiki room, never liked it as a kid, or the Hall of presidents as a kid--as an adult it's much better, some of the Epcot movies you can keep--sorry they're not super interesting to me. As for rides, I'm not in love w/the Pooh ride, I'm biased to Mr Toad I guess, plus Snow White isn't that great either. As for the AK train ride--OMG that is very boring we rode it 10 times straight thanks to my then 3 yo, I was so bored, but my little guy loved it so it made him happy. DS the backlot isn't a fav either. As for Epcot it's just the movies for me.

MistressGracey999
03-21-2009, 08:05 PM
I, too, was surprised to see how long this thread has been running. But, since it is, I am going to opine on this subject, too!:mickey:

There is nothing at MK that is a "waste of time" to me, EXCEPT the Speedway. I don't "get" the Speedway. It's officially in Tomorrowland, but what's futuristic about it? I have never understood why WDW doesn't either scrap this attraction altogether, or at least re-theme it with some Jetson's-looking cars of the future or something. I personally don't have any use for Pooh's Spot either, but I understand folks with younger kids probably appreciate it.

drummerboy
03-21-2009, 11:19 PM
While all the lists people have been giving are subjective, I think it's interesting to see why people skip certain attractions. There are countless things that go into people's opinions, some of which include age, childhood experiences, region of the country they're from, their own perception of what's fun, etc.

We often skip certain attractions on some trips but go back to them at other times. Tiki room and country Bears are among them. Lately, we've started seeing rides through our grandchildren's eyes, and that's a fun experience.

The first time I ever rode on the speedway was with my granddaughter. I pushed the accelerator while she steered and she had a ball. Had it been just DW and me, I'd have skipped it.

I never understood why they redid a good audience-participation show that was different each time, and replaced it with Sounds Dangerous, most of which is in the dark and repeats what you used to listen to in a booth outside the ride. I've only done it once.

I can think of several rides or attractions that I might not do the first time, much less do more than once, but I certainly would encourage anyone to try for themselves (unless they are asking because they have some physical constraints, such as motion sickness, or genuine fears of things like heights, etc.)

thejens
03-22-2009, 06:30 PM
So, are we all in agreement about Stitch and Narnia????:ack::ack::ack:
I love everything about Disney, but think some of you might be taking this thread a mite bit seriously! I have never been able to do every single thing (though, heaven knows I do try!) and I enjoy hearing about other folks "okay to miss" attractions. It is funny to see the world through kid's eyes though. My youngest found the racetrack to be the most magical experience ever. He concentrated SO hard on his driving. He is sure now that he knows how to drive. Now, myself, yes, I'd rather stick needles in my eyes.

Disneyatic
03-22-2009, 08:57 PM
So, are we all in agreement about Stitch and Narnia????:ack::ack::ack:

I may be one of the few, but I actually like Stitch :blush: and think that the Narnia walk-thru is cool, as long as it doesn't have a big wait :secret:

joonyer
03-23-2009, 12:40 PM
. . . There is nothing at MK that is a "waste of time" to me, EXCEPT the Speedway. I don't "get" the Speedway. It's officially in Tomorrowland, but what's futuristic about it? I have never understood why WDW doesn't either scrap this attraction altogether, or at least re-theme it with some Jetson's-looking cars of the future or something. I personally don't have any use for Pooh's Spot either, but I understand folks with younger kids probably appreciate it.

I agree with you 100% about the Speedway. :thumbsup:

It's "time" is long past, especially as an attraction for the most magical place on earth. It is a common everyday amusement park ride that can be found at most cheesy, tacky local amusement parks. Maybe when Disneyland first opened in 1955 (autopia) had some magic to it, but that is no longer true.

And as far as being "not worth it", it is certainly not worth waiting in line to experience. Yes, little kids enjoy it, but my boys who were 9 & 6 when they first rode it, thought it was lame even then, because the go-karts at our local amusement center (it's not even a park) were much more fun. And just because little kids find a ride entertaining or fun does not justify it's presence in the Magic Kingdom. Otherwise you might as well put up lots of carnival rides in the MK, after all they are entertaining and fun, too.

In my mind the Magic Kingdom ought to be a place where you experience "magical" attractions that you can't find at local amusement parks or even the big regional theme parks. Most of the MK and WDW attractions meet that criteria, but the Speedway certainly does not. I guess some people could make the same argument about Dumbo, that it's just a carnival ride, but at least Dumbo has a Disney theme, and it takes up very little space, unlike the Speedway, which is the biggest waste of real estate in the MK in my opinion. It may be fun for some, but there no "magic" in it whatsoever.

An MK attraction ought to have some kind of Disney "magic" that makes it better that what you can find at a roadside amusement park, and if it doesn't do that, then it doesn't deserve space in the Magic Kingdom. So much more could be done with that space to make the MK more "magical".

Same goes for Pooh's Thoughtful Spot.

These two "attractions" if you can call them that, tell us something about the state of "Imagineering" at Disney. They are either lazy, out of ideas, out of money (I find hard to believe) or don't really care, or all of the above.

Bottom line: both the Speedway and Pooh's playground, add nothing magical to the "most magical place on earth" and should be replaced with attractions that do.

brer frog
03-23-2009, 01:12 PM
joonyer - I agree with you that the speedway is a letdown in Disney.

A real go cart ride would be much more received. over a car that you drive on a track.

WDW is a theme park, with some great rides and themes. but it's still a theme park and will keep the classics that have made it what it is. Just because people have been going for years and years, doesn't mean it's time to get rid of something. there are rides that I will skip because I don't want to see them again. and there are other rides that I do every time I go. Even though the rides don't change it's still fun to do them.

If no ride lasted more than 5 or 10 years, WDW wouldn't be what it is.

joonyer
03-23-2009, 01:52 PM
. . . WDW is a theme park, with some great rides and themes. but it's still a theme park and will keep the classics that have made it what it is. Just because people have been going for years and years, doesn't mean it's time to get rid of something. there are rides that I will skip because I don't want to see them again. and there are other rides that I do every time I go. Even though the rides don't change it's still fun to do them.

If no ride lasted more than 5 or 10 years, WDW wouldn't be what it is.

I agree with you, but I think most of those classics that have survived for so many years (though some, like 20K, have not), and make MK what it is to so many of us long time MK fans, have done so because they are "magical" experiences that you can't find at local or regional amusement parks. They will continue to survive (like CoP) because they capture that special Disney "magic".

That's what baffles me about the Speedway. It has survived for whatever reason (Disney too cheap and/or unimaginative to replace it), but it doesn't have any of the Disney "magic" that those classics do. And to me, just because it has been there a long time, is not justification for continuing to keep it there.

Otherwise, we would still have 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, which in spite of its "issues", had 1000 times as much "magic" as the Speedway. Think about it, the Speedway is 60 year old amusement park technology, that hasn't been significantly changed or updated in well, 60 years. When you can get a better experience for a particular attraction at your local amusement center than you can for the same "ride" at the MK, then that is just sad. :sad:

KLud
03-24-2009, 08:33 PM
Here's my list:

MK:
Snow White (scary!!!! even for this 31 year old)
Astro Orbiters
Dumbo
Aladdin's Carpets
Tiki Room
IASW
Stitch--(never been on it, but I've heard HORRIBLE things)

AK:
Anything in Hester and Chester's area

EPCOT:
Imagination (RIP)
Any of the WS films
Mission Space (it's really cool, but uncomfortable)
Living Seas
Innoventions

DS:
Star Tours
RnRC (I know, I just am not into coasters anymore)

Maybe I'll rediscover one or two of the above rides on my next trip. My sister and I are planning a "rides we dislike" day.

RBrooksC
03-25-2009, 09:16 AM
What makes something a magical attraction? I don't think anybody here has actually given that description. I read much about Disney should be "Magical" attractions and more than I can have at my local amusement park. Dumbo is nothing more then a basic carnival ride. Is that ride magical? What about the carousel? Space Mountain is just a wide mouse roller coaster. Tom Sawyer Island is just a playground.

Also, many of the rides mentioned are geared towards the younger crowd. I think sometimes people forget that. They say something is "worth the time" when maybe that ride isn't geared for them.

While I ride every Fanstasyland dark ride, I may skip Country Bears, or the World Showcase films or what ever else. That may not mean they aren't worth my time nor does it mean, they aren't enjoyable. It means I am diverting my time to something else. These rides have endured many years. People wait in lines to see them. In this way they still have value.

Yes, one may have these rides at their State Fair or local carnival but that doesn't make it a Disney ride. Wildwood, NJ's Morey's Piers says "we have more rides than Walt Disney World." This may be true but would anybody put Morey's Piers and Walt Disney World or Disneyland on the same level? I doubt it.

An understanding on who the target is for the ride or area in question shows the value of those. One just needs to view everything in the right perspective things become much clearer.

joonyer
03-25-2009, 06:41 PM
What makes something a magical attraction? I don't think anybody here has actually given that description. I read much about Disney should be "Magical" attractions and more than I can have at my local amusement park. Dumbo is nothing more then a basic carnival ride. Is that ride magical? What about the carousel? Space Mountain is just a wide mouse roller coaster. Tom Sawyer Island is just a playground. . . . .

I get your point. But whether or not an attraction has that magic is one of those things that nobody can define, but like the Supreme Court said about pornography, everybody knows it when they (see) experience it.

Disney theme park "magic":
Dumbo has it. The speedway doesn't.

Others may feel the speedway is a classic (read "old") MK attraction and so it has some magic, or argue that Dumbo is just a carnival ride, but I don't see it that way.

A log flume ride at Six Flags is thrilling and a lot of fun. But Splash Mountain is full of Disney "magic", in addition to being thrilling and lots of fun. Yes, some Disney attractions are more magical than others. My point is that the Speedway has about the least amount of magic of any MK attraction, but takes up the most amount of space while being so short of that "magic". I don't think that Disney should close the Speedway and just leave it shuttered by any means. But I know Disney could create a much more magical experience in that space, even continuing to use some kind of vehicles to operate or drive around the track. Think for a minute what they could do with the speedway if they enclosed the track (& use electric vehicles) and made it a dark ride with modern technology, lasers holograms 3-D or 4-D effects, music, etc.! You could use any number of themes.

It's just disappointing to me that Disney chooses not to do anything with the speedway, based on the excuse that is it a fun attraction that lots of people like. Being fun and popular does not make it magical.

Soul_Power
03-25-2009, 08:56 PM
EPCOT: The Seas with Nemo & Friends, The Circle of Life, Honey I Shrunk the Audience

Hollywood Studios: Sounds Dangerous, Journey Into Narnia

RBrooksC
03-26-2009, 08:13 AM
It's just disappointing to me that Disney chooses not to do anything with the speedway, based on the excuse that is it a fun attraction that lots of people like. Being fun and popular does not make it magical.

But isn't that the point of an amusement park? To have rides that are fun? My son LOVES the Speedway. No, it isn't magical in the same sense that Splash Mountain is. Not every ride or attraction will be. The whole point is have things that will appeal to different age segments. While Disney strives hard to make everything accessible to everybody, that is almost impossible. The last couple of times we have been there, at a slow time of the year, the Speedway had a line when most rides, including the slow loading ones did not.

If you ask my wife, RNRC and ToT aren't worth the time. I am not a fan of American Idol and the teacups make me physically ill. The idea is those attractions weren't designed for my wife or me in mind. Something's worth is in what the attraction brings to the most number of people. If a high majority of families with small children go on the Speedway, then it is worth them having it in the park.

joonyer
03-26-2009, 11:59 AM
I agree that WDW and each of its parks should have something for all ages to enjoy. I love WDW and my family loves WDW so much because overall it is not an just another "amusement park"(s). It's supposed to to be the most magical place on earth (and it generally is) and therefore I guess I expect and hope that WDW would do what it takes to make it's attractions, whatever age they might be geared towards, BETTER than what you can find at a local carnival or tacky roadside amusement park. Those places are fun and my kids enjoy them. And generally I like the kiddie rides too, if they'll let me on them. But when we go to MK my kids have no interest in riding the speedway because to them it is not as much fun as the little go-karts they drive at out local amusement center (it's not even a park). That's my only point, that I think Disney could do better than that. I don't dislike or hate the speedway, it's just not worth my time (or my kids'). Maybe I expect too much? That visiting the MK should exceed the normal amusement park experience? And overall it does this very well. But the speedway lets us down.

RBrooksC
03-26-2009, 04:39 PM
I don't dislike or hate the speedway, it's just not worth my time (or my kids'). Maybe I expect too much? That visiting the MK should exceed the normal amusement park experience? And overall it does this very well. But the speedway lets us down.

What helps Disney transcend the "Amusement Park Experience" are the iconic characters, iconic rides, and unique experiences one can have while there. This does not mean that every single ride will be extrondinary ride that exceeds your expectations. What is means on the whole your experience will exceed those of a traditional amusement park.

If one starts to look at Disney from a micro perspective, one will always find things to nitpick. Disney, if looked upon from a macro perspective, is a wholly magical place where one may escape into a fantasy world.

If one starts to look at "this ride" or "that ride" as ruining an experience, then one is missing the whole point.

LVT
03-27-2009, 08:07 PM
Barnstromer is a true roller-coaster expericience,
just short. Fitting my large --- into the kiddie
seat just adds to the adventure.

bord1niowa
03-27-2009, 10:57 PM
I've been reading a lot of the responses and it seems that a lot of people are spending a long time in lines, which of course makes the rider less than happy with it. I go in June and have never waited more than 20 minutes for any ride. If you plan a little bit, mainly which park is slower on certain days, you'll be able to do more and not be so unhappy about spending all that time in lines. I understand that if you can't park hop, that would make it a bit more difficult but those who can, should be able to do quite well on their time in lines. I'll do any ride if the wait is little to nothing. They all can be fun or interesting in different ways. The hall of Presidents is a nice plan to sit, relax and cool off for a while without having to buy an overpriced meal. it's all in the attitude!

dumbo ears
03-28-2009, 10:04 AM
Id say stitch, the tomorrowland indy speedway, tiki room, chronicles of narnia exhibit

hubbyofadisneyholic
03-29-2009, 05:40 PM
I'm pretty sure I made a comment somewhere earlier in this now 7 page thread, but reading some of the more recent comments it is time to chime in again...

Much has been said about this ride or that attraction not being "magical". I'm not a fan of the Speedway, but to me it was "magical" seing the look in my daughter's eyes the first time we went on it and she thought she was driving the car. OR a couple years later when she actually drove it around the track without me having to steer for her. THAT IS MAGICAL!!

Every attraction can't be designed to be exciting for everyone. Frankly, I wouldn't want it to be that way. For one thing, the lines would be horrendous and second to try to appeal to everyone would most likely result in something that appeals to no one.

I cherish the memories of taking my daughter on Dumbo when she was little just as much as I enjoy going on MS with her now.:blush:

Are there attractions we have no interest in? You bet!! But, I certainly wouldn't want to deny those that do enjoy them the opportunity to have fun.
Maybe we all need to lose a little of the "what I want" attitude and just relax and enjoy the magic that is constantly happening all around us when we are at "the world". :mickey:

pdrlkr
03-29-2009, 06:15 PM
To quote my dad, "If we all had the same tastes, we'd all be chasing my wife!".....many of the lists are personal taste....even Ian, who is as much a Disney nut as any of us, lists an attraction which most believe to be a "Must see".....I imagine many trips, with a wide variety of friends and relatives, and even those I personally prefer to avoid fit into tour plans for certain friends or relatives......Haven't done certain attractions in years, but have done virtually all....KAT1811 has it exactly right....I've even done Dumbo!
Bet there was at least one person who thought that Mr. Toad was a waste of space....maybe even one of you doesn't miss Horizons....so stay away from the attractions you don't like....shortens the queue for the rest of us!

I couldn't have said it better myself! :thumbsup:

DawsonAR
03-29-2009, 08:29 PM
The only attraction that I feel isn't worth the time is Sounds Dangerous. There are a few others that I don't care to do every time but I will do them every few years or so.

WVParkfan
03-30-2009, 01:33 PM
It's really interesting to see the different opinions. Some of the things listed are some of our favorites. To each their own.

Here's my list of "not-worth-it" attractions:
1) Jungle Cruise... ugh.
2) Tom Sawyer Island.
3) Liberty Square Riverboat
4) Indy Speedway
5) All of Mickey's Toontown
6) Boat ride at Mexico Pavilion

brer frog
03-30-2009, 01:38 PM
Why does no one like the Jungle cruise? I am not a regular on it, but it is on my list of rides to hit on this trip.

I would find the riverboat a fun / relaxing ride, as it is a significant part of our county's history, as well as Disney history with steamboat willie.

cmsizzlin
03-30-2009, 01:44 PM
Wow I am shocked at all the replies here. Soarin is awesome and take that from someone who is terrified of heights. Small World really come on people and Dumbo these are classic Disney. I guess we are all entitled to our various tastes and opinions and that is what makes the world go round. As for the Safari, yes I have 2 great zoos in my state but I like seeing animals in their almost natural habitat opposed to cages of cement.

WVParkfan
03-30-2009, 02:00 PM
Why does no one like the Jungle cruise? I am not a regular on it, but it is on my list of rides to hit on this trip.

Extremely outdated... especially with the creation of the Animal Kingdom park (where there are real animals!). The JC takes up so much space in the park... I just think it could be better used for anything else.

I would find the riverboat a fun / relaxing ride, as it is a significant part of our county's history, as well as Disney history with steamboat willie.

Just like Tom Sawyer Island... I guess if you never were around real boats, or never grew up in the country, then I guess I could see where it would be a different experience. But the Riverboat isn't really a boat and runs on a rail. For those of us that grew up near a river that had (or still has) working riverboats, the one at the MK is really Hokie. And Tom Sawyer's Island is pretty much devoid of anything.

I guess if you grew up in a city and never really got to spend time in the country, then those two attractions might be interesting to you.

Like I said in my original post, to each their own.

brer frog
03-30-2009, 02:19 PM
I never knew the riverboat ran on a rail.

WVParkfan
03-30-2009, 02:35 PM
Yep. And, the water is only 4 foot deep in the entire "river" of America. Makes it much easier to work on the rail if it becomes necessary.

Giggy
03-30-2009, 08:50 PM
We have never done the Hall of Presidents, not because there is anything wrong with it but because we're from England most of it goes straight over our heads. It is something I would consider seeing but in the rush for everything else this seems to miss out.

5) All of Mickey's Toontown

For us that's a must do and our starting point! Get into Magic Kingdom, go up the the train station on Main Street USA, ride to Mickey's Toontown Fair.

It just seems very Disney.....to me atleast. :mickey:

Mom2princesses
03-30-2009, 09:44 PM
Snow White's Scary Adventure. I could never understand why it has to be so scary to the little ones. My little one was totally freaked out by this ride. Same thing happened when my older dd went on it at the age of 5.

Crow
03-30-2009, 09:58 PM
well i think my list will b diff in 2 wks when Im there w the nephews, who have never been there.
even so, I dont think they will be into Toontown and Fantasyland attractions too mcuh
as for me
MK-Toontown, Fantasyland (the crowds make it so)except for Philharmagic, PP....spitting camels of Aladdin
AK-mayb Rafiki...and those Triceratop spins etc rides in that area.
DHS-Am Idol, even before i experience it. SOunds Dangerous.
Epcot-.....ummm maybe Innoventions. its not as originally visioned i dont think.

dntccc
04-01-2009, 05:18 PM
I have not ridden everything and therefore can not comment on some rides. Some rides I have avoided based on reviews I have seen, such as Sticth's Escape, Sound's Dangerous, etc. Of the ones I have experienced:

MK:
Jungle Cruise - I used to like this when I was younger, but now it just seems extremely outdated, especially with the Safari ride at AK.

Small World - Again, I remember liking this when I was younger, but after our last trip (March 2009) I probably would only ride it if someone else in our family wanted to ride it or if we had already ridden everything else we liked.

Donald's Boat in ToonTown

Epcot
Soarin - Rode this for the first time on our last trip. Thought it was good the first time. Second ride seemed just okay. This ride in my opinion is way over-rated. When we go back, we will ride this where our daughter can ride it since she was not tall enough on this trip. After that, this will probably be a "ride it once we have ridden everything else we want to ride if there is time."

Mexico Boat Ride - another "ride it once we have ridden everything else we want to ride if there is time."

AK
Any of the walking tours of the animals - there is a high quality zoo where we live that has great natural habitat exhibits. On our last trip, we went through one of the walking tours. After we saw that what we were seeing was basically comparable to the zoo where we live, we just hurried through.

Kali River Rapids - another "ride it once we have ridden everything else we want to ride if there is time."

As far as Expedition Everest, it was not as good as I thought it was going to be. From all that I had read, I guess I expected a much better ride. I would probably ride it at least once on a return trip.

As far as the AK as a whole, I could not go to this park at all and feel as if I did not miss much. This park just does not have much of a
"Disney" feel to it. The only rides I can think of right now that I like there are the Safari ride, Dinosaur, EE, and It's Tough to Be a Bug.

Mousemates
04-02-2009, 08:52 AM
Extremely outdated... especially with the creation of the Animal Kingdom park (where there are real animals!). The JC takes up so much space in the park... I just think it could be better used for anything else.

Like I said in my original post, to each their own.

I completely agree with the second statement, but consider the first statement to border on the edge of Disney :mickey: blasphemy :thedolls:. My whole family absolutely loves the Jungle Cruise...but to enjoy it, it must be ridden with the right mindset (kind of like the way one would have to watch the old Adam West/Burt Ward/Ceasar Romero version of Batman....yes, its campy :camp: , but when campy is what you expect, campy is quite entertaining). in our opinion, JC is best enjoyed after dark when you can be regaled with the highly trained "jumping elephant." :)