PDA

View Full Version : Not that excited about my weekend trip

CandleontheWater
10-01-2008, 08:46 AM
I have a trip planned for this weekend that I have been working on for the past couple of months, but right now I'm not too excited about it. My husband is coming home from a deployment and we had this planned as a wonderful celebration of his return. Before he left we spent a weekend down at Disney, and we spent one last night together at the Adventurers Club, and I was really hoping we could celebrate his happy homecoming there as well.

I'm really upset about this because I'm a die hard fan, I've been to the parks almost 50 times, I'm an annual passholder, a DVC owner, and a serious pin collector. Disney is not a passing fancy for me, it is a huge part of my life, which makes me so sad that I don't like the direction I see the company going in. I am really upset about live entertainment and adult experiences all over the parks being cut back. I know that as DINKS, my husband and I aren't Disney's target demographic, but I've always felt welcomed and included. I've felt that Disney was a great vacation place for all types of families. Now that I see Disney cutting back on the types of things adults appreciate most in the parts, live entertainment and adult oriented (but still Disney) nightime fun, I'm really feeling snubed. I know Disney is a company, but I thought it was the one company where is didn't ALWAYS have to be about the bottom line. I don't like the direction I see the company moving in, outsourcing to maximize proffits, cutting back on unqiue Disney experiences (like the adventurers club) for generic money making giftshops. It makes me really sad to see something I am so invested in emotionally dissapoint me. I really hope this is just a fluke and not a permenant pattern, otherwise I just might have to take a little Disney break. :(

BigRedDad
10-01-2008, 09:09 AM
There are still a lot of adult, fun things to do at night: Boardwalk, ESPN Club, Jelly Rolls. I understand what you are talking about. However, my last experience at PI is not something I really enjoyed. It may have been an off chance, but the place was packed with local annual PI pass holders. I doubt 5% of them were legal. I don't know if it was some special get together or what, but it was not a safe feeling for me or my DW. We left no more than 20 minutes after getting there. Then, having to deal with similar types of people outside that could not get in or were there to cause problems.

It was just easier for us to go else where to have a good time. I did love PI overall. I wish they would have planned it differently. They could have moved one of the clubs to each Deluxe resort and had them as "resort" guest only attractions. This would keep out the people I ran into and would have still kept the nightlife on property.

Just my :twocents:

buzznwoodysmom
10-01-2008, 10:00 AM
Please thank your DH for his service, and thanks to you as well. I am a military wife, so I know all the sacrafices you make daily.

You should check out the new Rix Lounge at Coronado Springs. We were able to walk through and check it out one day in June and it looked amazing. I don't know what kind of entertainment they offer, but the decor was great. I hope you are able to have a "Happy Homecoming Trip"!!