PDA

View Full Version : I spotted the Celebration van!!!

TinkerbellT421
10-01-2008, 06:18 AM
I was so excited I had to post. I was going to post last night the second I got home and ended up having company till really late :thedolls: (have to go to work people, go home lol j/k) So anyway....me and DBF went to Borders yesterday to buy the new Brinbaums 2009 book when on our way home....in the distance I spot a baby bluish van and something that resembled a Mickey and Cinderellas castle (from a really long distance)...so I didn't really think anything of it, being I could have just been dreaming in my head seeing we had just bought the new DIsney book and all that was on my mind was disney, I could have thought my cat resembled Marie from Aristocats lol! So we got a littttllleee closer and all of a sudden...BAM....there's the Celebration van!! I practically screamed and scared poor DBF off the road lol! All I could say is OMG OMG Theres the DIsney van!!!! Then I realized that tomorrow (Actually being today now) is the day they are in my town for the tour!!! I have to work though :mad::sob: BUT DBF is going to stop by Burnside Park today and see what time they will be there till so MAYBE I will still be able to catch them after work! I was so excited and I am still so excited! It just put a huge smile on my face to see the Celebration tour van! I had to share the great news with my friends on Intercot!!! (And I have another exciting thread to post!!) *Ahhh* If only I was there now...:cloud9:

mickey&missy
10-01-2008, 08:01 AM
OK, that is cool! I would have screamed to and would have just shook his head at me:shake:

Off topic a bit but, The 2009 book is out now?! I'm headed to Borders :car:.....

TinkerbellT421
10-01-2008, 10:30 AM
LOL @ heading to borders! YAY! Yes it is out! hehe..It literally got shipped to the stores yesterday! We were there at 5:00 to pick up our copy!! YAY! :mickey:

DisneyBabies
10-01-2008, 10:37 AM
Birnbaums 2009 and Birnbaums for kids 2009! Yay! I ordered mine from amazon and it shipped out yesterday morning. It is "out for delivery" right now :thumbsup:! I know what I'll be reading before bed :D.

And I wish we could go see the celebration tour, but the closest it comes to us is 5 HOURS away . . . TWICE! They need more than one stop per state in the southern states! I am pretty disappointed about it. Our trip is at the end of Feb and we really wanted to go to the party to tide us over until our trip :cry:.

If anyone gets to go, let us know how it is . . . maybe we can live vicariously through you!

Iluvpooh
10-01-2008, 11:03 AM
Neat-Is this the 75 years of Mickey tour with the BIG differently painted mickeys from 100years of magic? We passed that Semi-truck on the interstate last week and I screamed and scared my kids. If not what is this tour?

TinkerbellT421
10-01-2008, 11:34 AM
This is the "What will you celebrate" celebration tour. Not sure what they are doing...I know like giving out prizes and stuff...but not sure what else...I'll find out soon. DBF just left the office and he's going to take a swing by...only thing is its supposed to DOWNPOUR in Providence today :(

Dyanna
10-01-2008, 02:24 PM
How do I find out if the van is stopping in my area?

Cinderelley
10-01-2008, 03:05 PM
How do I find out if the van is stopping in my area?

Hopefully I'm doing this link right for you.

http://www.disneyparkscelebrations.com/sweepstakes.aspx

Woo-hoo! They're coming here in February.

Alligirl
10-01-2008, 06:10 PM
So the tour will be in Times square on Friday and DD wants to go ut I cant find any times listed on the site! Does anyone know when this is? Morning, all day?!?

TinkerbellT421
10-01-2008, 10:58 PM
Well I dont know what time they arrive or what time they start and how long they stay, all I do know is DBF went down during work at 2:00pm and they were already gone!! I was heartbroken to say the least...I wanted to see them but I had to work till 4:30 :( He said he saw a bunch of people walking around downtown with Mickey head balloons though....:sadwave::sob: Bye celebration van....

Alligirl
10-02-2008, 01:04 AM
Good grief!! Gone by 2:00?!?!? They dont give you much time huh? I hope DD can make it before 1:00 then just in case!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-06-2008, 07:52 PM
Did I do something wrong? The link didn't give me any tour information, it just had me sign up to potentially win something.

Alligirl
10-06-2008, 08:57 PM
Did I do something wrong? The link didn't give me any tour information, it just had me sign up to potentially win something.

When you go to the site there are tabs on the top the firt says sweepstakes and the second tab is tour schedule!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-08-2008, 06:08 PM
when I click on it, there are no tabs, just the heading What Will you be Celebrating? And then the spot to enter the sweepstakes.