PDA

View Full Version : Turkey Leg ???

Tinkerkel
09-30-2008, 09:49 PM
OK, I don't know if I really want the answer to this or not...but we were at Animal Kingdom last week & a CM told us that the turkey legs are actually ham! That would explain why they are so delicious - I don't normally like turkey & DD10 loves turkey but won't touch a turkey leg. We just watched an old episode of Unwrapped: Disney World & a rep for WDW said that people ask all the time if they are ostrich or emu legs but she said, "they really are turkey legs!" Has anyone ever heard that they are ham?!:confused:

ElenitaB
09-30-2008, 10:50 PM
This rumor circulates every so often... I think the CM was pulling your leg (no pun intended).

disneydeb
09-30-2008, 11:10 PM
Ham labeled anything but ham would cause a riot, there are too many diet restrictions and religious restrictions on pork.
Turkey is turkey, ham is ham, and turkey ham is turkey cured like ham.

Now, is that clear as mud? :D

#1donaldfan
10-01-2008, 12:26 PM
yes it really is ham.....they are from the short legged, midget pig family.......sorry, I had to pick for a second.....I seriously doubt it's ham....how could they do that ?????? I dunno....:mickey:

big blue and hairy
10-01-2008, 01:27 PM
Ummmm....it's a TURKEY LEG!

If you call it turkey and it's not, that would be false advertising and get you into a lot of trouble.

Also, if you've ever had a Turkey Leg, do you think Disney puts fake tendons in to make it look like ummmm....turkey??

The slight hammy taste comes from the fact that the turkey legs are smoked.

Probably the same castmember who keeps talking about the fifth and sixth parks under construction....:D

:sulley:

PS. I'm not yelling at you Tinkerkel, just yelling at the ridiculousness of some rumors, and the people who start them.

tinklover
10-01-2008, 02:52 PM
lol great thread. My son still swears to this day that it is ham. he said momma turkey is white and this is pink and it tsates like ham. I told him it is how it is prepaired and then the next year we got a smoker so i purchased some turkey legs and smoked em . he now knows they are turkey but still says as a running family joke " MOmma can we get some ham legs ?" lol

Tinkerkel
10-02-2008, 02:12 PM
Thanks to all of you for your replies. I honestly thought it had to be a joke, but more than once I said, "are you serious?!" & she insisted that they were ham. She said, "when you get one, ask the the CM that you purchase it from, they'll tell you it's ham." She seemed really nice, we talked with her about her hometown & told her we'd visited it recently & she was so excited when we told her that. I don't understand the point of making up something like that. :confused:It would be different if I had been the one that said, "hey did you know those are really ham?" & she just played along. But we were buying a toy & a rice crispie treat & she just brought up the turkey leg. Oh well.

big blue and hairy
10-02-2008, 04:27 PM
Thanks to all of you for your replies. I honestly thought it had to be a joke, but more than once I said, "are you serious?!" & she insisted that they were ham. She said, "when you get one, ask the the CM that you purchase it from, they'll tell you it's ham." She seemed really nice, we talked with her about her hometown & told her we'd visited it recently & she was so excited when we told her that. I don't understand the point of making up something like that. :confused:It would be different if I had been the one that said, "hey did you know those are really ham?" & she just played along. But we were buying a toy & a rice crispie treat & she just brought up the turkey leg. Oh well.
Maybe if you see her again, you should tell her that you are so glad that she let you in on that fraud. Thanks to her, you have informed the food and drug administration, and you have been assured that there will an detailed investigation of DIsney World. Because she was so helpful, you gave the offical her name and where she works. See if she faints...:cool:

Iluvpooh
10-02-2008, 07:23 PM
My DD has a SERIOUS allergy to pork-We're talking emergency room serious- and she ate a Turkey Leg last year with no reaction! So I can say they are not ham or any other pig part. Do you think Disney could sneak pork past Jewish patrons and get away with it? Talk about a serious lawsuit that wouldn't be worth it.

Also, I have seen a few whole cooked pigs and I can't remember any of them still having the legs on. I don't even think you can eat them.

Either the CM was joking with you, or she just didn't know any better. I know that I know more about WDW than a few CMs I've met.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-02-2008, 07:35 PM
It's also not a emu leg, as there have been rumors.

It's from those nice big turkeys we have running all over property. The Presidental Pardon Turkey? Yeah....that's him and his little ones.

big blue and hairy
10-03-2008, 07:36 AM
It's also not a emu leg, as there have been rumors.

It's from those nice big turkeys we have running all over property. The Presidental Pardon Turkey? Yeah....that's him and his little ones.:jaw: :funny:

TheRustyScupper
10-03-2008, 12:29 PM
. . . The slight hammy taste comes from the fact that the turkey legs are smoked. . .

The unique taste comes from the injection of salt-water brine.

henry.james.s
10-03-2008, 01:19 PM
It's kosher ham...really!! :secret:

TheRustyScupper
10-03-2008, 04:11 PM
It's kosher ham...really!! :secret:

1) I guess it is better ham than turkey.
2) Pigs are left with two legs, afterward.
3) Poor turkeys have to navigate on cruches.