PDA

View Full Version : Womens Health Issue...

Jen C.
09-30-2008, 09:04 PM
I hesitated to post about this, but I really do need advise/opinions. I will let you know in advance this is strictly a womens health question, specifically regarding ovarian cysts.

For the last several monthly cycles, it seemed like I would begin my cycle, stop after 1 day, wait 3 days with nothing, and start the typical 4-5 day cycle. Even though they were "irregular" with timing, they were regular in that the same thing was happening every month. The past 2 months I have felt occasional twitches in the lower right area of my pelvis. Nothing awful, noticeable, but not really concerning. While in WDW, 2 wks ago, I had terrible side/back pain, radiating to the lower left pelvis. I wasn't sure if it was muscular, so I took A LOT of ibuprofen. Upon return home I saw my Dr. She suspected kidney stones. My urine showed trave blood and presense of bacterial infection. She started me on Bactrim (sulfates), and ordered a CT scan.

Today I got the results of the CT scan. No kidney stones, but possible presense of ovarian cyst, with ultrasound recommended. Have any of you had ovarian cysts? What can you tell me? Should I be concerned? I have an ultrasound scheduled for Thu. Pain is more of a dull ache, with occasional "twinges", but I also have that "fullness" feeling. I am 34. Any chance it could be anything really serious? Thanks for your help. I'm typically a VERY healthy person, henceforth my concern.:blush:

Jen C.
09-30-2008, 10:26 PM
I just want to say thanks so much to all of you that have PM'd me. I get that this is quite a personal topic to share. Probably when I am not under the influence of pain killers, I may regret sharing so much myself! :blush:

Anway, thanks a million guys!;)

Melanie
09-30-2008, 10:30 PM
Because Jen recognizes that this is such a personal topic, please feel free to contact her via PM to share your personal experiences and advice.

Thanks everyone! :)