PDA

View Full Version : Pal Mickey

momofarealprincessf
09-29-2008, 11:15 AM
We were thinking of getting a "Pal Mickey" during our trip. Do you think it's worth the cost? I heard that they are $65. Does anyone know if that is the current price?
Thankyou so much for any information!

Imagineer1981
09-30-2008, 11:27 AM
We love our Pal Mickey. He tells funny jokes (sorta) and give good park info. Its not like a must have, but he does bring some entertainment and he is still fun at home as well

rastahomie
09-30-2008, 01:01 PM
Mrs. Homie and I bought one and loved it. He was very helpful.

Interestingly enough, he was REALLY quiet at the Magic Kingdom, to the point that we thought he might be broken. We would literally go through several attractions between times he would talk. At the Animal Kingdom he went absolutely NUTS, talking about something every few feet!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
09-30-2008, 02:48 PM
My Pal didn't work anymore so they gave me a new one last week. He is still $65. He's entertaining and he wants to talk a LOT during the parades.

Insanity Clause
09-30-2008, 03:53 PM
DH really REALLY wants to get one of these. Where do you find them. I read that some of the resort gift shops have them, does any one know if POR will have them?

Wickster1970
10-01-2008, 03:41 PM
Really REALLY want to get one!:thumbsup:

FaithTrustPixieDust
10-01-2008, 04:06 PM
Odd that he's so chatty during a PARADE. That's when I would want to turn him off and enjoy the parade. (Boo to you, and you, and you!!!)

However, he's more than welcome to be a motormouth while I'm waiting in a long line . . . . :mickey:

DisneyBabies
10-01-2008, 04:15 PM
We just bought one as a surprise for our DS's trip in Feb 09 and he tell jokes and games outside the parks. He is absolutely adorable and I know DS is going to love him. We got ours from Disney Merchandising and we got the sorcerer Mickey one ($65) and bought him a Pirate outfit ($13) as well. DH was a little concerned about the price, but when he started playing with it (after DS went to bed), he decided "OK, I'm glad we got it. . .he's funny!"

momofarealprincessf
10-01-2008, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the help. I think I'll splurge & get one. Now I'm just trying to decide if I should get it off e-bay or in WDW :mickey:

MickeysEars
10-01-2008, 08:32 PM
Pal Mickey is still a fun friend even at home. the children play with him all the time.

handmaidenofprincesses
10-02-2008, 08:02 AM
I just bought mine off of eBay and saved about 50%, even with shipping. He should arrive any day now! :cloud9: