PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story Mania Tips - Any?

WDWRox
09-29-2008, 10:45 AM
I've returned from my recent WDW trip.....and am already to go back again, though it probably won't be for another year or two. (Booooo). Anyway, my wife and I got to try out the new Toy Story Mania ride a handful of times during our trip and we enjoyed it greatly. I was just wondering if anyone had any special tips on it for building up your score. I noticed that it keeps track of daily and monthly high scores and I just couldn't see how anyone could score that high. I think my highest was around 139,000. My wife kept getting anywhere from 150,000 to 175,000......but the posted high scores were around 365,000 or higher. I know the regular Buzz Lightyear ride has special targets that can really jack up your score (I was able to find particular ones that allowed me to get 999,999 at least 3-4 different times during our many rides on it)......but is there anything special to look for on this ride?

I did notice that TSM has some 2,000 and 5,000 point targets, but not many.

joanna71985
09-29-2008, 05:59 PM
I know in each game, there is a special "target" that releases extra targets. For example- in the balloon game, if you hit all the balloons on the sun, many yellow balloons will fall down. This really helps rack up points.

DigitalDaredevil
09-30-2008, 01:03 AM
I learned that if your shorten the full pull of the firing cord that you can get a lot more shots off.
You have to choke up on the rope a little, pulling it to just about the point where a ring or dart gets launched. Hold your fingers at the rope where it enters the hole and just keep pulling as fast as you can. This shortens the throw of the launch and allows you to launch many more rounds than normal. It basically shortens the distance it takes to launch a ring making your rounds dramatically increase.

kathiep
09-30-2008, 06:43 PM
Don't know if this is true or not but DH overheard one o fthe CM's telling some younger kids that they shouldn't worry about aim or accuracy. They said the way ot get the most points was to just let them fly as fast as you could.

ryca1dreams
09-30-2008, 09:46 PM
The only thing I could say is aim high and shoot fast.

The question I had is, is it called Toy Story Mania or Toy Story Midway Mania. Everything on the Disney website says TSM, but when you get to the ride it says Toy Story Midway Mania - I have pictures. :confused:

small point, I know