PDA

View Full Version : Family going to Disney...but not me :(

EpcotChic23
09-29-2008, 09:40 AM
So my parents and my brother are going to WDW for a week. They leave on Oct 9th. I can't go, due to my job (busy time and can't take off) and also I am taking graduate classes. It is starting to hit me that they are getting ready to go and I'm not.:envy: I keep starting:crying:

I just needed to vent b/c I know you guys know how I must feel.

2lilboys
09-29-2008, 10:20 AM
I know how you feel....4 months after my twins were born, my entire family (parents, 2 sisters, their husbands and kids and my brother, his wife and their kids) all went on a cruise together to Bermuda. The week they left for the cruise was my first week back to work after having the twins and the week my sons started daycare :(. I don't regret not going as I think my boys were too young for a trip like that, but I was so sad to miss all that family time. My parents just joined us for my twins first visit to WDW in August, which was great, so I guess it all worked out.

Maybe you can celebrate finishing graduate school with a trip to Disney!:party: That is something to look forward to!

Faver
09-29-2008, 10:26 AM
:( Ouch....... That's tough. I'd be pretty bummed too. :pout: I think you should go to celebrate your graduate degree!!! That's quite an accomplishment!!!:joy:

mouseketeer mom
09-29-2008, 05:01 PM
Oh I feel for you, I do. Good for you for being in Graduate school. Time to plan a graduation celebration to Disney! At least think about it..it might help! I can only imagine how you feel. Keep your chin up!

amd780
09-30-2008, 08:16 AM
I definitely know how you feel. I'm going to my cousin's wedding next month in Fernandina Beach, FL, and my parents and sister are continuing on to WDW afterward. DH and I won't be able to go again until at least January 2010! :(

I agree with the others that you should plan a graduation trip. It would be the perfect way to celebrate! :mickey:

EpcotChic23
10-09-2008, 01:46 PM
so I am offically depressed the family is on the plance to MCO and I am in the office in NJ:(

c&d
10-10-2008, 09:24 AM
I know how you feel, DH is off to his user's conference next week at WDW.