PDA

View Full Version : Sell me on POFQ

KevMcNJ
09-28-2008, 11:34 PM
we are going to WDW in late Jan or Early Feb

the wife suddenly wants to stay @ POFQ instead of POP like we have been planning

I know nothing about this resort.

I dont care one way or the other. If shes happy Im happy

So POFQ veterans, sell me on the place.

oh yeah we are driving dwon so busses are not needed

Mickey 101
09-28-2008, 11:59 PM
Beignets!!!!!

Tinkerbella16
09-29-2008, 07:04 AM
We are staying at POFQ in november. I have not stayed there yet, but last year we stayed at POR and loved it. POFQ is a small resort, so no matter where your room is...you are close to everything. You will love the boat transportation to DTD...it is so relaxing! I have heard so many good things about the Beignets too...they didn't have them at Riverside, so I'm looking forward to trying them!

I think you will make the right decision switching to FQ.

RedSoxFan
09-29-2008, 07:18 AM
POFQ is a lovely resort. Regardless of which building you're staying in, it's a short walk to the food court, bus stop and gift shop. The pool is nice; my kids loved the dragon slide. Enjoy.

kakn7294
09-29-2008, 07:40 AM
It's small, it's quiet, every building is close to the main building, and it's beautiful! Rooms are larger than at the values, it doesn't have those in-your-face giant icons and the rooms have mini-fridges and coffee-makers - no trek across the resort for morning coffee! The food court is small but has great selections. It's a short walk over to POR for their food court or Boatwright's TS location. Although you have a car, bus service is good and the boat to DTD is fun. It's our favorite resort!

KevMcNJ
09-29-2008, 07:42 AM
we didnt like DTD

sorcerer fan
09-29-2008, 09:20 AM
It's a small, quiet, nice resort. It has a small food court,but good food. If you need more there's short wonderful walk along the river to por and their food court. the atmosphere at pofq is so much laid back compared to the other resorts, that it's like being in a different world. you also get the chance to take a nice lazy ride on the boat to DTD. IMHO this is the ultimate resort. ENJOY!!:thumbsup:

PetefromRI
09-29-2008, 09:46 AM
We've stayed at all the mods and it's our favorite.I can't really add any more than the other posters have posted except that they have real good entertainment in the lounge on certain nights and if not than just take the boat over to POR and see Bob the piano guy.I think Kathy described it best,from past posts she seems to have alot of the same thoughts as me and my wife do about the resorts.You'll love this place.

gauvin4
09-29-2008, 12:23 PM
We stayed at POFQ this past Christmas (12/19-12/27) and I loved the resort. During this peak Holiday time the resort never felt crowded!! :thumbsup: The boat to DTD and back is a nice relaxing trip. I think you will like it.

Jenemmy
09-29-2008, 04:04 PM
POFQ is a different world than POP! Small, quaint and relaxing. It truly is a place to unwind after a day at the parks. I think the brick streets within the resorts, and the horse drawn carriages that clip clop through at night just add such a quaint touch. Try it for a change, you will like it:mickey:

Hull-onian
09-29-2008, 06:02 PM
Romantic:cloud9:

mom2morgan
09-29-2008, 07:46 PM
I think the essential point is that the moderates really ARE a big step up from the values. We've never stayed at FQ but loved, loved, loved Riverside! on the other hand, just be glad she isn't asking for a deluxe- they are another big step up but I can't quite swallow the extra money ;-)

pwdebbie
09-29-2008, 08:48 PM
I'm not a "veteran" since we've only been to WDW once, but we thoroughly enjoyed being at POFQ. Our TA was the first to suggest POFQ when I told her what we were looking for (my dh is disabled, but not in a wheelchair), and we needed a quiet place to retreat to each afternoon.

We drove from PA, stayed one night on the road, and arrived at POFQ in the late afternoon. We weren't supposed to stay there that night (we made the trip more quickly than I had anticipated), but once we pulled through the gates, we felt relaxed and peaceful and dh said he wasn't leaving to go find a room anywhere else for the night, we were going to see if they could accomodate us. (They did, and they did it quickly.) There's just something special about pulling through that gate.

Now, my dh was not a Disney fan. This vacation was to bless me for my birthday. But he fell in love with POFQ. For one thing, we live in the mountains and love our trees. There are plenty of trees at POFQ. I've looked at some of the other resorts and they seem to not have any, or as many, trees. Along with the trees you have wonderful landscaping. And wildlife along the river. POFQ is very much a "retreat" from the hectic days in the parks.

I think you will be very pleased with your wife's choice of POFQ. Gosh, if I can play my cards right, maybe I'll be there in late January or early February! :thumbsup:

Deb
POFQ, Oct. 2007

KevMcNJ
09-29-2008, 09:58 PM
I on the other hand, just be glad she isn't asking for a deluxe- they are another big step up but I can't quite swallow the extra money ;-)

Last January was my wifes first visit to WDW. First day there, we took a lap on the monorail and spent some time at each resort just so she could get an idea of why I Like going to The Mouse. She got off @ GF and all her breath just left her lungs. She was BLOWN AWAY.

I told we couldnt afford to ever stay there but she had to ask. she asked, and then agreed that we could never afford to stay there LOL

SAnderson70769
09-29-2008, 10:20 PM
The size of the resort is small which makes it great! Very romantic at night and great boat ride to Downtown Disney. It's my favorite of all the moderates! I don't think you will regret it!

mudpuppysmom
09-30-2008, 06:45 PM
We liked it there. It was not so small you could not move in the room. It was a nice quiet walk to the food court in the morning (we stayed in bldg 7) -- I loved walking down the brick street in the morning! I was also going to say it was romantic (like another poster did), yet somehow family friendly also!

There is a boat to DTD right there and it's a nice ride.

One thing I will say that I didn't like was that FQ and POR share busses and you have to stop at like 8 stops at POR before you go anywhere -- but you are on the bus before they are, so you get a seat if it's a busy time -- it just took a long time to go around the resort to all the stops before going to the park!

Yeah the food court get busy, but it moves pretty quickly too and who cares that you might not sit inside -- go outside and soak up the atmosphere!!

The pool was fun too and totally uncrowded when we were there -- we were the ONLY ones in the pool!!

If you are not a resort snob I think you'll like it!!

I'd go back again if I had opportunity to go, but had to stay within a budget for the hotel.

Boojum
09-30-2008, 07:19 PM
...I'm replying to this without reading any of the other answers, so I'm sure I'm repeating stuff.

*One of the smaller resorts. No matter where your room is, it's not a major hike away from the store, the food court, the front desk, or the pool.

*The pool is cool! Nice and big, lots of room even when many folks are there, and kids love the slide. There's a hot tub, too.

*Nice laundry facilities. They're right next to the pool, so you can do your laundry while watching your kids swim.

*I miss "Bonfamille's," which used to be the sit-down restaurant there. However, the food court serves some really good counter service Cajun-type food, and the beignets are TO DIE FOR!!!

*Atmosphere. It really does make you think of old New Orleans. Black wrought iron, cobblestone streets, street signs with cute names like "Rue de Baga," fountains, landscaping, etc. In the rooms themselves, you can find hidden Mickeys in the bedspread design. :mickey:

*The rooms are nice. I've never been disappointed in one there, and next week will be my fourth stay at this resort.

*POFQ is the first bus stop on the POFQ/POR bus routes.

*Boat ride to Downtown Disney is relaxing and really enchanting! We never miss it!

Have I convinced you yet?

7swans
10-01-2008, 08:30 AM
We stayed there in June & really enjoyed it, I loved the music they played, the fact that it has been around awhile, means the landscaping is mature & beautiful.
While it is true that the POFQ shares a bus route with POR, POFQ"s stop is first, so the bus is empty when it arrives to take you to a park, and while you do stop at the other bus stops, you are more likely to have a seat, and when returning from the parks, you get dropped off first!

You won't be sorry you chose it over of the value resorts!

Lisaj13
10-01-2008, 12:16 PM
One thing that I really appreciate about POFQ is the hot tub. I really like soaking my tired feet at the end of the day. My kids loved the pool and insisted on me going down the slide too, which was great fun.

The boat ride to Downtown Disney is lovely. It's very relaxing and just a really nice way to travel.

Beignets! I found that the food court had more than enough variety for us.

Room size: my group was myself, my sister and my two kids. My kids are almost adult size and my sister and I are not petite, but the room was big enough for all of us.

Resort size: being a smaller resort means you're close to everything no matter where your room is. And somehow it's a friendlier size. Loved the mature trees and squirrels running through them.

I found the bus transportation to be great, and since there's just one bus stop often enjoyed the brief morning wait chatting with other guests.

I hope you have a great stay.

vicster
10-01-2008, 12:23 PM
We just stayed there for the first time a couple of weeks ago. We usually stay at WL but thought we'd try a moderate. After a couple of days it started to grow on me as I absolutely loved that it's a smaller resort and a short walk to everything. Last year some friends stayed at CBR and that resort is just tooooo large. Go and enjoy!!!

Goes4FastPass
10-01-2008, 12:47 PM
Your wife wants to stay there.
It's the best moderate in many people's opinion.
Most romantic moderate.
Good pool.
Boat to DTD.
Boatwright's at POR is short pleasant walk.
It isn't huge like Pop.
Your wife wants to stay there.
See #1.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-03-2008, 11:31 PM
We just stayed there last week and loved it. Easy to get around, good mousekeeping and the food court was pretty good.
However, someone up above posted that you got picked up and dropped off first. That wasn't necessarily true at night. They dropped POR off first on some of the nights. I'm not sure what the pattern was if there even was one.

KevMcNJ
10-04-2008, 08:16 AM
We drive down to WDW so we will be to the parks before all of y'all on the bus ;)

Darbylew
10-04-2008, 09:49 AM
We love POFQ and stay there every time we
go to WDW. It is a small resort, lovey grounds,
the pool is great, the food court is very good,
a boat to DTD and a short walk to the main
building and bus stop. You can take the boat
or walk to POR. There is a larger food court
there and a sit down restaurant at POR. I know
you will love it at POFQ. Enjoy your stay. :thumbsup: :mickey:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
10 DAYS!!!!! :D YES WE ARE STAYING AT POFQ

Bethany0517
10-06-2008, 02:44 PM
We stayed at the POFQ in January and I loved it. The food court is nice, the rooms are nice and its quiet and a short distance to anywhere you want to go at the hotel. My favorite part was being able to take a ferry to Downtown Disney. It a beautiful wonderful atmosphere to stay in. I am afraid to try anywhere else, thats why we are going back in Feb. 09.

Frog
10-06-2008, 03:26 PM
beutifull resort.. would love to go back anytime...