PDA

View Full Version : Art The Greeter

PoohsGang
09-28-2008, 06:26 PM
We were at BCV the week after Thanksgiving last year, also in Feb.we return the same time this year. Art was sick and not working, does anyone know if he's back or have an update????

mouseketeer mom
09-28-2008, 06:33 PM
He wasn't there for us this past August either?!:confused:

DVC Mike
09-28-2008, 06:36 PM
He is back.

Goofeygal
09-28-2008, 06:46 PM
Does anyone know if he works mornings? We would love to go meet him in Dec. We saw him with Samantha Brown and just thought he was so sweet.

Ed
09-28-2008, 06:50 PM
Art is one of the neatest humans I've ever had the pleasure to meet. He absolutely personifies "The Disney Way". Very gracious, impeccably dressed, full of factual useful information, and a real gentleman.:thumbsup:

My wife and I occasionally stop by the Beach Club for the sole reason of saying Hi to him.

And every time, he has remembered our names (although he insists on calling us "Mr & Mrs") and always tells us it is a pleasure to see us. In MY book, however, the pleasure is all ours!

I sure hope WDW takes good care of him; he's a credit to the whole organization!

I'm not sure of his schedule; we usually find him there in the early afternoons.

DizneyRox
09-28-2008, 08:05 PM
I always try to sneak a trip over to the Beach Club to see Art. He is by far the best CM I've dealt with in recent years and I truely hope Disney realizes what a gem he is.

Ian
09-29-2008, 12:01 AM
He was there the other day when we were there. He's a great guy.

ThanxForNoticin
09-29-2008, 11:47 AM
A trip just is not the same without Art brightening it with a hello or even a song sometimes. I'm so glad to hear he's feeling better and back greeting guests. Nobody does it better!

Mackflava99
09-29-2008, 02:44 PM
Art at the BC is one of the kindest human beings i have ever met-
He makes you feel "at home' i know thats corny but he does-
My twins have pix with him from every year we go-
He and Stan at the wilderness lodge are such great people who really care about the people, and the hotels-
I sincerly hope Disney takes care of them-

MarkC
09-30-2008, 10:33 AM
We were there the 2nd week of August and Art was there and healthy. I think he works Wednesday-Sunday. He told us he had been in the hospital and got tons of cards from people concerned about him. He has such a pleasant disposition his roommate in the hospital asked him if he was really sick. Art is a great guy and it wouldn't be a trip to Disney without seeing him. He should ask for a lot more money because people would revolt if they got rid of him.

Mackflava99
11-06-2008, 11:37 PM
My sister saw him last week- happy as ever !!!!!!!