PDA

View Full Version : Things to do at Walmart when you're bored

Minnie Imagineer
09-28-2008, 02:57 PM
I found this on the internet...not that anyone would actually do this
its hilarious

As the cashier runs your purchase over the scanner, look mesmerized and say, "Wow, magic!"

Ask other customers if they have any Grey Poupon.

Attempt to fit others into very large gym bags.

Challenge other customers to duels with tubes of gift-wrap.

Contaminate the entire auto department by sampling all the spray air fresheners.

Dart around suspiciously while humming the theme from Mission Impossible.

Drag a lounge chair over to the magazines and relax.

Go to the food court, buy a drink, and ask if they can put a little umbrella in it.

Drape a blanket around your shoulders and run around saying, "I'm Batman. Come Robin, to the Batcave."

Follow people through the aisles, staying about 5 feet behind them. Do this until they leave the store.

Get 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in people's carts when they aren't looking.

Go into a fitting room, shut the door and wait a while and then yell loudly "There's no toilet paper in here!"

Go to the Service Desk and ask to put a bag of M&M's on lay away.

Hide in a clothing rack and when people browse through, say "PICK ME! PICK ME!"

Hold indoor shopping cart races.

In the auto department, practice your "Madonna look" using different size funnels.

Leave Cheerios in lawn and garden, pillows in the pet section, etc.

Look right into the security camera, use it as a mirror and pick your nose.

Make a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to the restrooms.

Make up nonsense products and ask employees if there are any in stock. (i.e.: Shnerples)

Move "Caution: Wet Floor" signs to carpeted areas.

Pay off layaways 50 cents at a time.

Play soccer with a group of friends, using the entire store as your playing field.

Play with the automatic doors.

Play with the calculators so that they all spell "hello" upside down.

Randomly throw things over into neighboring aisles.

"Re-alphabetize" the CD's.

Re-dress the mannequins as you see fit.

Relax in the patio furniture until you get kicked out.

Ride a display bicycle through the store; claim you are taking it for a test drive.

Ride those little electronic cars at the front of the store.

Say things like, "Would you be so kind as to direct me to your Twinkies."

Set all the alarm clocks to go off at ten-minute intervals throughout the day.

Set up a "Valet Parking" sign in front of the store.

Set up a tent in the camping department and tell other shoppers you'll invite them in if they bring pillows from the bed department.

Start playing Calvinball; see how many people you can get to join.

Take bets on the battle from above.

Take off your shoes and tell them you want to return it and when they say you didn't buy it there say, "Hm... I thought the customer was always right!"

Take shopping carts for the express purpose of filling them and stranding them at strategic locations.

Take up an entire aisle in toys by setting up a full-scale battle with G.I. Joe vs. X-men.

Test the brushes and combs in cosmetics.

Test the fishing rods and see what you can catch from other aisles.

TP as much of the store as possible before they stop you.

Try to hold up customers with the toy guns. See how much you can make.

Tune all the radios to polka stations; then turn them off and turn the volume up to full blast.

Walk up to an employee and tell him/her in an official tone, 'Code 3' in Housewares and see what happens.

Walk up to complete strangers and say, "Hi. I haven't seen you in so long." etc. See if they play along.

When 2 or 3 people are walking ahead of you, run between them yelling "Red Rover."

When a clerk asks if they can help you, begin to cry and ask, "Why can't you people just leave me alone?"

When an announcement comes over the loud speaker, assume the fetal position and scream "NO! NO! It's those voices again!!!"

When someone steps away from his or her cart to look at something, quickly make off with it without saying a word.

When there are people behind you, walk really slowly, especially in thin aisles.

While handling guns in the hunting department, ask the clerk if he knows where the anti-depressants are.

mickey&missy
09-28-2008, 04:33 PM
:rotfl: OMG! Some of those where soo funny!!! Thanks for the laugh!

alphamommy
09-28-2008, 04:39 PM
These are great, but I have to ask: what is "Calvinball"? I must be naive or clueless or something, but I've never heard of this.

Tammy

pianobabe
09-28-2008, 09:41 PM
Those were great! I do have to ask about "Calvinball" too. That is one we have never heard of either.

BrerGnat
09-28-2008, 10:07 PM
Oh my gosh, that's not even funny to me. I was once TRAPPED in the Wal Mart in Lawton, Oklahoma waiting for HOURS for them to fix the flat tire on my husband's car while he was in the Army Hospital recovering from an appendectomy! I flew in to help him move, of all things, and the day before I flew over there, he went to the hospital for emergency surgery, and when I picked up his car in the hospital parking lot, it had a flat, so I had to take it to Wal Mart, because, at the time, it was the ONLY place to fix it! This was years ago.

Anyway, so I was stuck wandering the aisles for, seriously, 3.5 hours! I scavenged some pop tarts, milk, and a scary looking banana as my breakfast/lunch and YES, the "voices" on the loudspeaker were starting to get to me after awhile. :crazy:

That was the single worst "superstore" experience of my life. I have hated Wal Mart since then...

pixiesmimi
09-29-2008, 08:33 AM
These are halarious! :funny:

I'll have to share this with a friend of mine who is the manager of our Wal Mart! Not sure he will think they are so funny! :D

Diznee4Me
09-29-2008, 09:11 AM
Pretty funny!:thumbsup:

There used to be a great comic called Calvin and Hobbes. Calvin was a rambunctious - to say the least - young boy and Hobbes was his stuffed tiger who only came alive in his eyes.

The two of them would play Calvinball. Basically a ball game with no rules, made up rules, rules made up while playing, (usually ending up with the two of them fighting) - unstructured, unsupervised fun! :D

Stitchahula
09-30-2008, 09:19 AM
Ok here's the scarey part I know someone that would try some of these things. Right Crazypoohbear. Actually I think some of them would be funny to do.:D

Emme&TeddysMommy
09-30-2008, 09:31 AM
I thought that this was hilarious! The sad thing is when I was in college we had a
Wal-Mart on the same town I went to school in and it was open 24 hours around the holidays and when you’re up late a night crashing for finals we would go to Wal-mart as a break. I know it sounds crazy, but it was entertaining at the time. We would have a big giant scavenger hunt about 10-15 people would participate. Thinking back we had so much fun! After the scavenger hunt was over we were responsible and put everything back. I guess my parents did raise me with some morals. Ah the good old days now I am old and responsible where did the time go?

Rhetoric2000
09-30-2008, 09:34 AM
I am still desperate to one day go up to a stranger in a panic, take them by the lapels, and demand to know what year it is and who's the president.

garymacd
10-01-2008, 09:08 PM
Wal-Mart?

Wal-Mart.

Hmm.

Nope. Just checked my personal guide map. Doesn't exist in my personal universe.

PirateLover
10-01-2008, 09:56 PM
I love these types of lists. Once, when I was in high school, a friend and I went into a random office building in center city and did some of the "50 fun things to do in an elevator." It was so much fun. I got the best reactions when I unzipped my book bag, stuck my head in, and said "Do you have enough air in there?"
Also, I remember one of the things was to whistle "it's a small world after all" over and over :thedolls:

crazypoohbear
10-08-2008, 03:03 PM
The thing I do now when I go to walmart (which I try to NOT do) is stand there and train the cashiers. :thedolls:
NO DO NOT PUT THE FOOD IN WITH THE CHEMICALS.
NO, DO NOT PUT THE SHAMPOO IN WITH THE FOOD.
NO, YOU DON'T PUT ANYTHING YOU INGEST WITH ANYTHING THAT IS TOXIC IN THE SAME BAG.
NO, I ALREADY TOLD YOU DON'T PUT FOOD IN WITH CHEMICALS.

I have spoken with the manager the front end manager next I'll write a letter to wal mart corporate office, it won't do any good but when someone gets sick because of ingesting something that has been tainted with rat poison that was put in the same back as cereal then they will have a case becuase it has been pointed out to them numberous times.

Marci
10-08-2008, 03:55 PM
Wal-Mart?

Wal-Mart.

Hmm.

Nope. Just checked my personal guide map. Doesn't exist in my personal universe.

I second that.

Georgesgirl1
10-08-2008, 06:06 PM
I went to college in a small town and one of the few activities to do late at night was go to the 24 hour Walmart. I have actually seen a lot of the things on the list done at 2am by a bunch of college kids. Oh, and by the way, the only people that go to Walmart at 2am are college kids and crazy people!

weswerx
10-09-2008, 01:00 AM
My #1 favorite thing to do at Walmart....BOYCOTT!!!!!!!!

I hate walmart and will never go back there again. The walmarts here have become some of the nastiest places ever...the employees don't care, the customers act like they own the place and that everyone in there owes them something...people are just plain rude in walmart. They think, if you can eat it or drink it before you get it out of the store, you don't have to pay for it!

I don't care how low the prices are, I'd rather pay 10X's as much than to go to that evil place!

Sorry to rant, just couldn't help myself...that place really gets me worked up...:soapbox: