PDA

View Full Version : Q re: rides at MK....

Dsnygirl
09-28-2008, 06:48 AM
:mickey: We will be hitting MK around 12:30 on our first day, and would like to ride as many of our favorites as possible before we have to head out for dinner, around 4:30.

Of course, our top favorites include most everybody's... POC, SplM, BTMRR, HM & JC. Plus, we'd like to get into the Tiki Room, as our girls have yet to see the show. So, I guess we'll mostly be staying in Adventureland and Frontierland -- at least that's easy!!

So -- for those of you that are FP experts, which rides do you think we'll need FP's for at this time of day, and do you think we have a chance at hitting all of them? I know the trick of where to watch the parade, and we'll try to scoop BTMRR and SplMn that way... worked like a charm last time!! ;)

Any advice? (and oh btw, this is in early December, so hopefully, that'll mean lower crowds, although these days, I'm not so sure that's true anymore...)

Disney Lynn
09-28-2008, 08:20 AM
We will be at WDW the first week of December- so I hope the crowds are light for all of us. However, if your first day is one of the days that the Christmas Parade is being taped, you may want to reconsider your plans LOL (I think those days are 12/5 and 12/6).

I suggest using a FP for either Splash or Big Thunder- depending on which FP return time works for you. We usually FP JC- only because that lines seems to move so slowly (go to Tiki while you wait). Pirates & HM are iffy- they never seem to have FP's for them when we're there, so it's just line up and wait. Tiki is rarely crowded (but if they want to ride Aladin's Magic Carpets, they will have a wait).

Mad About Mickey
09-28-2008, 08:48 AM
I would suggest heading straight for Frontierland, check the lines for BTMRR and SpM, fastpass the longer one and ride the other while you wait, it shouldn't be more than a 45 min wait in early Dec. If you still need to kill time before your fastpass head over to HM, which should be a short wait, if not use the fastpass then head for Adventureland. Get fastpasses for JC then get in line for POTC, followed by the Tiki. If you still have time before your JC fastpass then take some time to stroll through the treehouse or enjoy a dolewhip. After JC head over to HM if you didn't ride it earlier. You should have time to spare before you need to head out for your dinner ressies. We love early December and will be there as well this year, have fun :mickey:.

BigRedDad
09-28-2008, 08:54 AM
Lines at SplMth and BTMRR are usually quite long. Check the FPs there first. PotC tends to flow relatively quickly. A 30 minute wait for PotC is not too bad. In 4 hours, you should be able to get about 6-8 rides in and the Tiki Room.

disneygeek84
09-28-2008, 11:24 AM
Just to put a quick tip out there....when riding POTC, always go to the left. Seriously, it's always at least half as full as the right side, and it's the same ride.

Phantasia
09-28-2008, 01:20 PM
Wow - I can't believe the precision with which you can plan your time there!

With these type of "FP JC, do Tiki while you wait, get FP for BTMR, do JC", etc. type plans, do you find that:

you stick to them?
that they actually help maximize your time in the parks?

I've never actually done any planning like this when we've gone ... we do a lot of the walking out from under the tunnels under the Railway Station and then stopping, looking at the map, and all saying together, "Okay, what do we want to do?"

disneylovinmom
09-28-2008, 01:46 PM
We were there the 2nd week of December last year and didn't have to wait long in any line except BTMRR. Everything else was a 5-15 minute wait if that. If you are planning on going the day of the taping of the parede though, you will have to deal with ridiculous crowds and will not get to do hardly any of your rides on your list. Ands that's if they haven't already closed the gates to any more people.

Dsnygirl
09-29-2008, 12:32 AM
Wow - I can't believe the precision with which you can plan your time there!

With these type of "FP JC, do Tiki while you wait, get FP for BTMR, do JC", etc. type plans, do you find that:

you stick to them?
that they actually help maximize your time in the parks?

I've never actually done any planning like this when we've gone ... we do a lot of the walking out from under the tunnels under the Railway Station and then stopping, looking at the map, and all saying together, "Okay, what do we want to do?"
:mickey: Well, we often know ahead of time what rides are key to us at each park the day we go, so we do sort-of set a plan for what we want to tackle first, based on which lines are longest when we get there, etc. But no, we don't always follow our ideas -- many times, lines are better or worse than anticipated and we have to "punt" and go w/the flow.

But yes, we do plan it out quite a bit -- probably more to help the time go by 'til the trip arrives than anything else :blush: -- and it sure does help to have a working idea of what you'd like to do and where you need to be, it saves a lot of time for sure!

TheWizofDiz
09-29-2008, 10:11 AM
I would suggest first...get there before they officially open! Get in the park and go in as far as you can before they drop the ropes to the respective lands...this can be the best thing that you can do to attend as many attractions as possible. Everything you want to see is, at least, on the one end of the park (Frontierland and Adventureland) so that helps too. I would cut thru past the Crystal Palace to Adventureland and grab a FP for JC enroute to SM. I would jump on SM, should be 15 min or less wait at this time of the early a.m. and then move to BTMR which should also be light. I typically don't tie up FP's, unless I have to. After BTMR, hit PoC (left queue) then use FP for JC... then over to HM... (cut thru to Frontierland by the Magic Carpets of Aladin) if you get to the MK early, you should be able to do all of those in 2 hours or so easily...done it countless times.:thumbsup: Then you can move on to whatever you want using FP's along the way if needed...enjoy!