PDA

View Full Version : Red Cocktail in France ????

BugeyedMuggy
09-27-2008, 07:23 PM
Has anyone been to the F&W Fest and seen if the red cocktails are still available in France ? They were my all time favorite drink and did not see them listed in this year's choice's. We will be there in a couple of weeks so if anyone has had them this year give us a shout out. Thanks.

Diznee4Me
09-27-2008, 07:51 PM
Oh wow, I just saw Samantha Brown talking about those drinks on one of her specials- they were at a covered booth outside the France pavillion. I swore I wouldn't forget the name because I wanted to try one. Guess what - I forgot the name! I do remember they were about $8.

Ok Intercottees - help us both! :D

WeLuvBuzz
09-27-2008, 08:16 PM
I saw in the menu section that have a Grand Marnier Slush all the time that I was planning on trying on our next trip. Or is it something special for the food & wine fest?

VWL Mom
09-27-2008, 11:08 PM
Are you thinking of the Kir Royale? Haven't been to F & W yet this year but did see Samantha Brown. It's a mix of Creme di Casis and Champagne (or sometimes White Wine).

MIKESMOM
09-28-2008, 05:33 AM
Sam Brown has a Grand Marnier slush in the show. They are orange, not red & I'm pretty sure always available.I'm hoping to try one on my next trip. They looked delicious.

ElenitaB
09-28-2008, 09:32 AM
Kir Royale isn't being offered this year at France's F&WF booth; in its stead they're serving a "Sparkling Pomegranate Kir."

You can get a Kir Royale or a Vermouth Cassis at Chef de France all year round though. :cloud9: