PDA

View Full Version : Don Quixote??

IamBelle
09-27-2008, 02:32 PM
On my trip, on either Its a small world or the mexico ride (i don't remember which one, they are so similar!) i saw one part where there are 2 windmills. near the windmills, are two men, one tall and one chubby. The tall one looks like he is attacking the windmills with a spear, and the chubby one is watching him. When I saw this, I was thinking, "Is that supposed to be Don Quixote??" Because in the story, he thinks the windmills are giants and he attacks them. Is there anyone who can verify this??
Thanks,
IamBelle

bertasso59
09-27-2008, 02:35 PM
Don Quixote and Poncho are represented in the Netherlands section of Small World attacking windmills

Polynesian Dweller
09-27-2008, 02:51 PM
Don Quixote and Poncho are represented in the Netherlands section of Small World attacking windmills

Netherlands?? Don Quixote is a Spanish tale and the Spaniards had windmills too!
:confused:

Ian
09-27-2008, 04:31 PM
It's actually the Spanish section, yes. People often assume it's the Netherlands because of the windmills, but if you look closely you'll see it's a part of Spain.

bertasso59
09-27-2008, 10:43 PM
Ok i stand corrected,but IASM is one big melting pot anyway lol

ILoveLegos
09-28-2008, 12:22 PM
I love how scared Sancho Panza looks as he watches Don Quixote "charge" the wind mill in IASW. It reminds me of the old trivia question about which ISAW character is not having a good time? <Answer: SPOILER> The clown in the hot air balloon with the help me sign. I agree but always make a case for Don Quixote & Sancho Panza as well, they are aften over looked! Besides the Impossible Dream is my personal "Theme Song" so I'm a big fan. :thumbsup:

Minnie Imagineer
09-28-2008, 02:38 PM
yes, they are. I noticed this too last time I went!

Imagineer1981
09-30-2008, 11:32 AM
yep, thats old Don!