PDA

View Full Version : Just confirmed all my reservations for December...

mom2morgan
09-27-2008, 12:13 PM
A few posts here got me panicking about "lost" reservations, and since my travel agent made mine, I was a little nervous, LOL. So the great news is that everything is in order, but the cast member I was talking to even said "Wow! You have GREAT reservations!". Most are new to me, as the only other time we went we only did two restaurant meals - Akershus and Chef Mickey's - and we loved both. So here's what we're doing - all are dinner time (and between 6:45 and 8, which I think is an ideal time) except for Cindy's, which is lunch. And I have two questions at the end of my list ;-)
I've got:
Cinderella's Royal Table (couldn't get a reservation last time, and I don't CARE about the bad reviews, I've wanted to be a princess for 40 years!)
Cape May Cafe (hubby's choice, 'cause he wants a seafood buffet-I'm not so thrilled about it. )
O'Hana's (just because it sounds fun, and we want to see the Polynesian)
Boma (my choice - I want to try it, and I want to see Animal Kingdom Lodge - where I'd actually love to STAY but can't afford!)
Chef Mickeys (younger daughter's choice)
Rose and Crown (for viewing Illuminations)
California Grill (my 16 year old DD's birthday).

So my only questions are - they DO have all the princesses for lunch at Cindy's, right? That seems to change a lot. And do you think 8:00 at Rose and Crown will work for seeing Illuminations from their patio? I'm a little afraid we'll be SO done dinner that we'll have to leave before the fireworks start, and that was my main reason for picking it.

Rhetoric2000
09-27-2008, 05:10 PM
Hey there!

Does indeed sound like a good set of ressies - loving Ohanas, Boma, California and Chef Mickeys.

I wouldn't worry about Cape May, there is a large selection of non-seafood fare which, while a smidgen inconsistant, will be no problem for you I'm sure.

Not a fan of Cindy to be honest - but I can't argue with your reasoning of wanting to try it!! To answer your question (though others may be more accurate as I've not been for a while) I don't think ALL the princesses can be guaranteed, but at least nearly all of them will be. Basically I don't think you will be short changed on princesses.

As for R&C, it will depend entirely on whther they are expecting another group to sit on it after you. At 8.00 you are PROBABLY okay for there not being another group and as such they don't really give a hoot about how long you stay. The servers are pretty savvy about why people book there and you can probably ask them directly when you arrive whether you'll be able to stay.

laward32
09-27-2008, 08:15 PM
Love O'Hana's and Chef Mickey's. I really want to eat at Cape May and California Grill. My sister loves Boma, she eats there every trip and she goes a lot. Let us know how those three are when you get back. I have read a couple of posts in trip reports regarding Rose and Crown and it sounded like it took about an hour and a half to two hours start to finish. We have done Cindy's for lunch and we saw Cinderella downstairs for pictures and then saw Snow White, Jasmine, Mary Poppins and Belle in her blue and white dress upstairs while we ate. Hope this helps.:mickey:

USCTinkerbell
09-27-2008, 09:09 PM
We will be there the 19th-24th and are going to the following:
Liberty Tree Tavern..not my fav but it's the last night of MVMCP and we want to be there early.
Le Cellier...Yum...can't wait
O'hanas..we love this place
1900 Park Fare..my daughters 5th birthday and we are coming straight from the BBB.
One of the Japanese ones that is not the Hibachi. It was a last choice resort in order to get in for the processional.

mom2morgan
09-27-2008, 10:08 PM
Yeah, I shouldn't have said "all" the Princesses! I only meant as opposed to just the Fairy Godmother, like at Dinner! I don't really care which Princesses, as we don't really have "favourites". Thanks for the feedback!

Hey there!

Does indeed sound like a good set of ressies - loving Ohanas, Boma, California and Chef Mickeys.

I wouldn't worry about Cape May, there is a large selection of non-seafood fare which, while a smidgen inconsistant, will be no problem for you I'm sure.

Not a fan of Cindy to be honest - but I can't argue with your reasoning of wanting to try it!! To answer your question (though others may be more accurate as I've not been for a while) I don't think ALL the princesses can be guaranteed, but at least nearly all of them will be. Basically I don't think you will be short changed on princesses.

As for R&C, it will depend entirely on whther they are expecting another group to sit on it after you. At 8.00 you are PROBABLY okay for there not being another group and as such they don't really give a hoot about how long you stay. The servers are pretty savvy about why people book there and you can probably ask them directly when you arrive whether you'll be able to stay.

KAT1811
09-28-2008, 03:46 PM
CRT - As much as I think it is WAY overpriced for what you get as a mother of 3 princesses (soon to be a 4th prince or princess not sure yet) I understand the need to do it. If we never went back I would be fine but the girls would be devistated. We'll skip it this trip but it's already being talked about for our next visit!

thumperbug
09-28-2008, 08:01 PM
With an 8 pm ADR for Rose and Crown you should be good for Illuminations viewing. Ask for a table on the patio. There is no guarantee you will get it but even if you get a table inside, they will let you go out on the patio to view it.