PDA

View Full Version : Full park?

MIKESMOM
09-27-2008, 08:45 AM
If a park closes because of crowds are resort guests still allowed to enter?
Must you use Disney transportation?
We will be there over Christmas & I know some days the parks fill to capacity. We would still like to be able to take an afternoon break & return to the parks in the PM.
Thanks in advance.

Scar
09-27-2008, 09:09 AM
From the FAQ's forum:
Resort guests are guaranteed entry to a park ... not necessarily the park destination of their choice.

It is only when all of the parks reach "Phase 4" simultaneously that access is denied across the boards. It is very rare that all of the parks reach phase 4 at the same time. Typically there is a park open that resort guests can be sent to as an alternative. As guests leave ... more are allowed in.

Phase One - Open to anyone with a park pass and resort guests.

Phase Two - Open to anyone with a multi-day park pass and resort guests.
2A - Open to anyone utilizing the last day of their multi-day pass and resort guests.

Phase Three - Open to resort guests only.

Phase 4 - No entry available. The park has reached capacity.

TheRustyScupper
09-27-2008, 10:34 AM
. . . We will be there over Christmas & I know some days the parks fill to capacity. We would still like to be able to take an afternoon break & return to the parks in the PM . .

1) If you are at MK, do not leave for a break.
2) If the park is at full capacity, you cannot re-enter.
3) MK has reached full capacity on big days
. . . Christmas Day
. . . July 4th
. . . New Year's Eve

joanna71985
09-27-2008, 11:08 AM
I believe MK and Epcot are the 2 most likely to fill to capacity. I don't know if AK and DHS ever have.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-27-2008, 09:22 PM
On NYE 2000, all of them did.

But yes, if you plan on going to MK this year for Christmas, don't plan on leaving. You will not be admitted in if we are Phase 4.

I suggest resting somewhere like Columbia Harbor House's 2nd floor, Pinocchio's, the forts at Tom Sawyer's Island, the shaded gazebo area at Adventureland.

But if it helps, this year MK didn't fully max out at 4th of July.

MickeysEars
09-27-2008, 10:09 PM
how early has this been known to happen, anyone know?

faline
09-27-2008, 10:16 PM
On very busy days, like New Year's Eve day, parks can reach capacity by mid to late morning.

DizneyRox
09-27-2008, 11:12 PM
NYE 1999, at 6am there was already a line 1/2 mile long waiting to get into the parking lot. By 10:30am they had reached at least some level of capacity.

That was an unusual day, however I wouldn't plan on getting into a park on XMas, NYE or the 4th of July much after 11am. It may happen, but don't gamble your vacation on it. Also, don't leave... Leaving firends in the park is no excuse to get backin, neither is ADRs or whatever other excuses anyone can think of. Capacity is determined by fire codes, etc, and they are not flexible.

thumperbug
09-28-2008, 12:55 PM
I'm curious...how many guests in the MK would be considered max capacity?

DizneyRox
09-28-2008, 03:32 PM
I'm curious...how many guests in the MK would be considered max capacity?
Depends on what attractions are open, the number of restaurants serving, etc.

Disney doesn't release attendence figures either...

joanna71985
09-28-2008, 08:23 PM

I would figure on around 11am or so. If you are going to a park on a major holiday, I would make sure to get to that park at opening.

casey@bat
09-28-2008, 08:45 PM
We were there the week after Christmas in 2006. I think MK filled to capacity one day during that week.

Imagineer1981
09-30-2008, 11:31 AM
Do not leave!!! if you get in, stay...and get there early. Be prepared to be angry and frustrated too with the crowds

thrillme
10-01-2008, 08:45 AM
Gosh...that's AWFUL. I've never been during December now I'm not sure I ever want to.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-01-2008, 08:47 AM
December is fine to go. I love it.

Just don't go after the first two weeks. I usually visit during the first week and it's great - light crowds and the weather is typically not as hot.