PDA

View Full Version : Gift Baskets?

NewmanFamily6
09-26-2008, 08:44 PM
Other than the Disney Florist does anyone know a good place to order gift baskets from? I would like to surprise the children with some Disney themed baskets from "Mickey" when we go in January. The WDW Florist had limited ideas so any help is appreciated!:mickey:

mickey&missy
09-27-2008, 09:21 AM
I've always had a good experience with Disney Florist. But, your right it is kind of limited. Google Disney World Gift Baskets and you'll come up with a few. One is memories by betsy (takeout the spaces and add .com to go directly to her site) I've heard good things about her, I haven't used her myself. She can't put food items in the basket. Something about Florida Health Regulations, you probably have to be a certified food service worker for that. So if you wants snacks in it definitely go with Disney Florist.

Good luck!! Have a magical vacation!!!!!

DisneyBabies
09-27-2008, 09:56 AM
I looked at the disney florist and memories by betsy and I figured out that I had to find a cheaper way to do my DS's gift baskets. So I called disney merchandising and I was able to get gifts for two different baskets for the same price as one basket from the florist and betsy. And the "baskets" themselves that I got only cost $11. Now we will just take the baskets with us (hidden from DS) and have the resort "deliver" one at check in and the other to our room.
Here (http://s364.photobucket.com/albums/0083/DisneyBabies2000/Disney%20gifts%20for%20Little%20Rory/) is a link to pictures of what I did. It was really quick and easy.
Sorry I don't have a suggestion besides doing it yourself, but money is somewhat of a issue for us, so I wanted to save as much as possible while giving DS some great gifts.

mickey&missy
09-28-2008, 03:08 PM
I'd love to see them, that sounds like a great idea!!!! But the picture link didn't work!

TheRustyScupper
09-28-2008, 05:30 PM
Other than the Disney Florist does anyone know a good place to order gift baskets from?

. . . disneyflorist
. . . memoriesbybetsy
. . . giftsofalifetime
. . . themouseforless

I make no recommendations, just provide the list.

DisneyBabies
09-28-2008, 06:12 PM
Sorry about the link for the pics. That's only the second time I've tried to post a link, so here I go again:

Here (http://s364.photobucket.com/albums/oo83/DisneyBabies2000/Disney%20gifts%20for%20Little%20Rory/) is the link again. Hope it works this time :blush:.

mickey&missy
09-28-2008, 09:17 PM
Sorry about the link for the pics. That's only the second time I've tried to post a link, so here I go again:

Here (http://s364.photobucket.com/albums/oo83/DisneyBabies2000/Disney%20gifts%20for%20Little%20Rory/) is the link again. Hope it works this time :blush:.

Those are sooooo cute!!!! I really like the chest you used! Disney florist would get $$$$$$$ for that I'm sure! Thanks for sharing!

1 question, when you called disney merchandising did you ask for specific things or tell them round about what you where looking for?

KatMark
09-28-2008, 09:44 PM
I used memoriesbybetsy for my husband's surprises 25th anniversary basket and was very pleased with her work and working with her. She gave me her ideas, I gave her mine, and we emailed back and forth. I'm going to try to post a picture here:

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/Luvwrestling/Anniversarybasket.jpg

DisneyBabies
09-29-2008, 12:56 PM
Those are sooooo cute!!!! I really like the chest you used! Disney florist would get $$$$$$$ for that I'm sure! Thanks for sharing!

1 question, when you called disney merchandising did you ask for specific things or tell them round about what you where looking for?

I had seen some stuff online and had heard about other things, so I asked for the majority of the stuff I was looking for. A few things they no longer had, so they recomended things to me based on what I told them I was looking for.

Glad you liked the chest; It was on clearance at Michael's, all I had to do was stain it! And it was absolutely perfect for the theme we are going with (staying in a pirate room @ CBR!).

I told my DH, just wait to see what I'll do for DD when we take her in 2011!! :D