PDA

View Full Version : Which resorts have 24 hour food courts?

KineGirl
09-26-2008, 07:52 PM
Which resorts have 24 hour food courts and if there are multiple ones which one is your favorite?

TIA

hubbyofadisneyholic
09-26-2008, 08:33 PM
I didn't think any of the food courts were 24 hr.
Will be interesting to see if there are any.

henry.james.s
09-26-2008, 08:46 PM
There are none. :secret:

KineGirl
09-26-2008, 09:08 PM
Thats what I thought but it didnt hurt to ask. Do they all close at the time 9-11pm or are there any open later?

karenrarintogo
09-26-2008, 09:14 PM
Pop Century is open until midnight, I believe; and reopens at 6 am. Again, not positive but I think this is correct. :mickey:

ElenitaB
09-26-2008, 09:57 PM
Pop Century has very limited offerings available once the "cooking area" closes at 11:00 pm. There are cold sandwiches, yogurt, cold cereal, fruit, packaged desserts, chips, beverages and packaged snacks.

Several other food courts are open untl midnight; some do offer hot food (ASSports, ASMovies, CSR).

thumperbug
09-26-2008, 10:08 PM
The Gasparella Grill at the Grand Floridian used to be open 24 hours (this is going back a few yrs). Not sure if they still keep those hours. Its Quick Service food. Not a food court.

SBETigg
09-26-2008, 11:38 PM
Not "food courts" but Captain Cook's at the Poly, Gasparilla Grill at the Grand Floridian, and the quick service at the Contemporary, all 24 hour with lots of availability of pre-prepped food items, are all 24 hour. Another bonus for the monorail resorts.

Aggie97
09-27-2008, 12:58 AM
Not "food courts" but Captain Cook's at the Poly, Gasparilla Grill at the Grand Floridian, and the quick service at the Contemporary, all 24 hour with lots of availability of pre-prepped food items, are all 24 hour. Another bonus for the monorail resorts.

This includes the refillable mug stations -- another great bonus when returning from late-night EMHs!

We haven't stayed at the Contemporary, but I prefer Captain Cook's over Gasparilla Grill. :mickey:

KineGirl
09-27-2008, 01:14 AM
Thanks everyone! We are staying at SSR this time around and sometimes me and my DD18 get the late (sometimes late late) night munchies. Yes we are night owls. ;) I thought I had seen mentioned that there were some places open 24 hours but couldnt remember if it was a food court, a QS or what!

Pop Centurion
09-27-2008, 01:24 AM
Pop Century has very limited offerings available once the "cooking area" closes at 11:00 pm. There are cold sandwiches, yogurt, cold cereal, fruit, packaged desserts, chips, beverages and packaged snacks.

Several other food courts are open untl midnight; some do offer hot food (ASSports, ASMovies, CSR).You can still get Pizza, Parmesan Crusted Chicken with penne pasta with either tomato or alfredo sauce, and penne pasta with meatballs after 11:00 until 12. Sometimes if you're lucky they still have the veggie lasagna. :eat:

Also I think the Picabu Buffeteria in the Dolphin is 24hrs. I know it definitely was when it used to be Tubby's.

Natazu
09-27-2008, 01:27 AM
Reminds me of a cute story. A couple of years ago after a California Grill dinner, Rachel had some filet, potatoes, & green beans in the room fridge. About 2am, she decided she was hungry and I was tasked to heat the leftovers. Down to the quick service counter I went not in the best of spirits. When I got the food out of the microwave (now on a Contemporary plate), the guy behind me said "hey, that looks good. Where'd you get it". I said without missing a beat, "Third case on the left. I think I got the last one though", and went back to the room.

TheRustyScupper
09-27-2008, 10:23 AM
. . . We are staying at SSR this time around and sometimes me and my DD18 get the late (sometimes late late) night munchies . . .

You do have a few options.
1) Drive to GF, Poly and hit the quick service area - buses stop about 3:00am.
2) Order delivered pizza or chinese up to about 3:00am - SSR has a list.
3) Go our of DTD and catch some of the 24/7 places on Rt-535 - IHOP, etc.
4) McDonald's 24/7 just outside of AKL on Rt-192.

NOTE: When Pleasure Island closes this month, buses may stop well before 2:00am, except on very late night EMH days.

Scott C
09-27-2008, 03:42 PM
Nothing to add, but I wanted to state that this is my biggest gripe about the world. With EMH and staying out until 2-3am you should at least be able to refill your mug and grab a burger or something

Thanks
Scott C

JPL
09-27-2008, 03:50 PM
I know that it's either the Swan or Dolphin that has something open 24 hrs but can't remember which one :blush:

KineGirl
09-27-2008, 03:51 PM
Nothing to add, but I wanted to state that this is my biggest gripe about the world. With EMH and staying out until 2-3am you should at least be able to refill your mug and grab a burger or something

Thanks
Scott C

Yep we feel the same way. I dont eat pizza and I hate chain fast food like McD's (not that I want to leave the property anyways). I just would like other options than the snack machine at 2 am - a burger would be great!