PDA

View Full Version : AK parade route

DisneyMiMi
09-26-2008, 04:11 PM
Hi - the family is going to DW in Jan 09. I'm a big organizer and I'm trying to decide our day at Animal Kingdom. I know it starts in Africa section by Tusker House but does it take a left and go toward the Asia section or straight ahead, cross the bridge and circle around Tree of Life? Also, hours that day are 8 - 5. If timeis short and we've seen the parade before in 06, would you suggest to go to Maharajah Jungle Trek which we haven't seen and skip the parade? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

disneyfan1124
09-26-2008, 05:17 PM
I have seen the parade many times, yet each time I have seen it, it ended in Africa. I'm not sure if it alternates by day or not, as I have not seen it twice in a row. The parade has not changed in the last 8 visits over the last 3 years-except for the holiday season when there is more holiday decor involved.

DH and I love the MJT-tigers, bats, birds, foliage, many other animals that you don't see every day-if you have never done it, it's worth doing. Young kids (under 8 or 9?) might not be as enthralled as older. No kids? Skip the parade and do the MJT.

No matter what you decide, all will be well-it's Disney, how could it not be? Enjoy!

On another note...We lived in Columbus for a couple years and left some dear friends behind when moving north. We really miss it in February when we are under 3 feet of snow! Be well!

DisneyMiMi
09-26-2008, 05:26 PM
thanks for the info - there are many a winters when we wish you would send some of that snow down our way! The city is really changing what with Ft. Benning expanding so - I hope you can come back for a visit and check the place out.

joelkfla
09-26-2008, 06:52 PM
The parade starts in Africa (between Tusker House and KJS), goes straight across the bridge to Discovery Island, then circles left around the TOL, coming back across the Asia bridge, behind the TOL, and turning right past Tusker House again, exiting the same place it entered.

It actually passes Tusker house twice: first heading towards the park entrance, and again heading towards KJS on the way in.

DisneyMiMi
09-26-2008, 09:25 PM
Again, thanks - helps me so much in my planning. Can't wait until Jan.!