PDA

View Full Version : Leave a Legacy

Mr. Brass Bonanza
09-26-2008, 01:12 PM
Can you still have Leave a Legacy picture tiles made at Epcot?

Thanks.

DizneyRox
09-26-2008, 01:20 PM
No, it's gone the way of the wand!

KineGirl
09-26-2008, 01:21 PM
Nope... sorry :(

Mr. Brass Bonanza
09-26-2008, 01:22 PM
Darn...I really wanted Sam and Amelia to be on there. Oh, well.

Wait...did they remove the monuments or just stop making photos???

KineGirl
09-26-2008, 01:37 PM
I think the monuments will be there forever and ever like the bricks but the ability to be on them is over for the time being. Though theres still alot of blank spaces so maybe they will bring it back in the future

Mr. Brass Bonanza
09-26-2008, 01:41 PM
I hope so. Well, at least Kerri and I got on there...did that on our honeymoon in 2000.

DizneyRox
09-26-2008, 10:30 PM
No, the monuments will be move in a few years, they are definitely NOT going to stay. They are guaranteed to be there until I think about 2011, but after that I suspect they will move them, ESPECIALLY since they stopped selling the tiles. They don't need the 3/4 empty "gravestones" cluttering up the entrance, I think they realize this now.

The bricks at MK ain't permanent either, but I don't suspect they will dig them up for no good reason. Many though are showing their age, especially around the Poly due to the sand.

You can still get a brick if you know where/who to ask. Check with the Guest Relations e-mail if you're interested, price is probably in the $300-$350 range now.

Polynesian Dweller
09-26-2008, 11:12 PM
No, the monuments will be move in a few years, they are definitely NOT going to stay. They are guaranteed to be there until I think about 2011, but after that I suspect they will move them, ESPECIALLY since they stopped selling the tiles.

I think the agreeement doesn't mean that they have to stay at that spot until then, just somewhere on the grounds.

The sales of them won't be back. As DisneyRox points out, even after several years there was an enormous amount of empty space on the monuments. These apparently weren't as popular as expected and the sales wouldn't justify their return.

IMHO, now they are in the way, especially with SE back to its original look (without wand) and these don't fit in well now.

TheRustyScupper
09-27-2008, 10:57 AM
I think the monuments will be there forever and ever like the bricks . . .

1) Thankfully, and blessedly, no.
2) They will be moved in 2-years, or so.
3) Hopefully the tombstones get moved out of sight.
5) They distract the beauty and majesty of Spaceship Earth.

NOTE: I have heard unsubstantiated rumors that there are two prime locations are the grassy areas between/behind MISSION:SPACE and TEST TRACK or the empty area to the left of GUEST SERVICES.

DizneyRox
09-27-2008, 10:59 AM
I think the agreeement doesn't mean that they have to stay at that spot until then, just somewhere on the grounds.
My contract (1999-2000) states they will remain where they are for 10 years and then can be moved, but still need to be accessible. They do need to stay put until at least very early 2010, but I would guess the contract wan't changed until well into 2000 that they can be moved to someplace accessible (without a year guarantee with them where they currently are).

There seems to be no argument that they need to remain accessible, it's when they can be moved that is in question.

mcjaco
09-29-2008, 02:08 PM
I can see them consolidating them onto fewer of the monoliths, since they obviously have the space to do so. I thought I had read they might be moved to the south side of Innoventions East.

Either way, I want the gardens back in the entrance plaza.

TheRustyScupper
09-29-2008, 02:33 PM
. . . I thought I had read they might be moved to the south side of Innoventions East . . .

1) I had not heard that one.
2) But, I think this is a satisfactory area.
3) They would pretty much out of the general viewing area.

DigitalDaredevil
09-30-2008, 01:07 AM
I thought they were a neat idea at the time, but I agree with moving them.
Some of the plaques seem to be "wearing out" where you cannot see the pics very well.

Polynesian Dweller
09-30-2008, 08:54 AM
My contract (1999-2000) states they will remain where they are for 10 years and then can be moved, but still need to be accessible.
There seems to be no argument that they need to remain accessible, it's when they can be moved that is in question.

Thanks for that. I didn't buy but got my info from someone who did and thought that they could still be moved to the side and be considered to be in place, i.e. in front of SE. A larger move, like to the back of Epcot or out of the entrance plaza would be considered moving out of location. But that is supposition on their part. Is the language in the contract specific about location?

Agreed, they do need to be accessible but less prominent.

TheRustyScupper
09-30-2008, 09:00 AM
Agreed, they do need to be accessible but less prominent.

1) Absolutely.
2) People bought, and they deserve to review their chits.
3) However, I think moving them would be great.
4) They simply destroy the entrance view to Epcot (IMHO).

Mr. Brass Bonanza
09-30-2008, 10:02 AM
For some reason I thought when they were moved, they were simply going to get rid of them. I'm glad I'm wrong about that, because I would one day like my kids to see our tile. Keeping them in Epcot would be great, and I'm fine if they're out of the way. I just hope they keep locator system or I'll never find it again!

I would like to see the original fountain come back with those three glass structures that light up at night with different colors with the original EPCOT Center logo on them. I miss that...brings back memories when I was there as a child. Is that a possibility?

Imagineer1981
09-30-2008, 10:43 AM
Am I the only one who actually thought it was cool and doesn't mind them? I think they bring a cool architectural feature to Epcot's entrance and actually enhance SE i/o distract from it.

DizneyRox
09-30-2008, 11:03 AM
I would like to see the original fountain come back with those three glass structures that light up at night with different colors with the original EPCOT Center logo on them. I miss that...brings back memories when I was there as a child. Is that a possibility?
At least one of that acrylic sculptures was sold on eBay, so I don't think that's going to happen either. I liked the old fountain as well.

I would guess they could recreate those sculptures though, but I doubt they will.

Mr. Brass Bonanza
09-30-2008, 11:32 AM
I would guess they could recreate those sculptures though, but I doubt they will.
Bummer. Well, they returned SE back to its old glory, so you never know. Maybe sometimes a place like Epcot that was designed to have a foresight into the future can take a page from it's past.

Oh...Imagineer1981...no, you aren't the only one who likes the look of Leave a Legacy. I think it's cool, too. But...I would be in favor of moving them to bring the original fountain back. I hope when they do move it, though, they do something really neat there. BTW, congrats on the new baby!

Imagineer1981
09-30-2008, 11:53 AM
Oh...Imagineer1981...no, you aren't the only one who likes the look of Leave a Legacy. I think it's cool, too. But...I would be in favor of moving them to bring the original fountain back. I hope when they do move it, though, they do something really neat there. BTW, congrats on the new baby!

Thanks, he's gonna be a disney nut too I bet...DW and I are!!!

If they do move them, I agree, I hope its something cool to replace them. Still doesn't seem like much of a legacy if it is around for only 10 years, even if its moved.

Darbylew
09-30-2008, 11:58 AM
We always wanted to do it but never got
around to it. Now it is to late. :mickey:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
14 DAYS! :D

BMan62
09-30-2008, 12:02 PM
After these are removed from in front of SSE maybe they can return the fountain idea surrounding a large 3D hologram of the Epcot logo?