PDA

View Full Version : 4th POTC movie

Suz36
09-26-2008, 11:09 AM
I just read in the paper this morning about Johnny Depp doing a 4th POTC movie! I'm sooooo excited!!! I can't think of any other movies that have so many one-liners that make me LOL. I can't wait!!!
"Hide the rum!":pirate:

3AMommy
09-26-2008, 11:15 AM
I TOTALLY agree!!!

I don't know who is more excited...me or my kids!!! I can't wait!

I never want the POTC to end!

:pirate:Pirates Forever!!!!:pirate:

3AMommy

RedSoxFan
09-26-2008, 11:40 AM
I"m looking forward to it. Love those movies.

Disneypixie513
09-26-2008, 02:11 PM
I'm undecided about this.. While I LOVE POtC, i think 3 is a good number. I don't want them streching it out too much. I really think they could have done better on AWE, so i'm leary of going to see the 4th.

I can't figure out what the story would be. If it's a continuation of AWE, Jack's trying to find the Fountain of Youth..But i can't think of what the conflict would be. Davy Jones is "dead", as is Beckett..
But we'll see..I haven't put the possibility of seeing it totally out of my head..:)

LauraleeH
09-26-2008, 04:04 PM
I don't think the 4th and 5th movies are going to include any of the regular characters except for Captain Jack Sparrow, so I don't know how it will turn out, but I'm so excited! I just hope it doesn't turn out to be a made for video type of movie :ack:

pink
09-26-2008, 05:48 PM
I think this is a little over kill. A triology was enough. I know that Disney wants to keeping their Pirate theme going on but I think it would be fine even without this movie. I can't even imagine how much Disney shelled out to go Johnny Depp back.

:mickey:

tracibell
09-28-2008, 01:58 PM
I wonder if Barbossa will be back. After all, Captain Jack needs to get the Black Pearl back...

I'm pretty sure I'll be at the theatres to see it when it comes out. I'm just crossing my fingers that it will be a "quality" movie. I'm telling myself it will be since it will be a fresh storyline. :pirate:

Davyjones
10-01-2008, 05:05 PM
I keep telling Disney that a 4th movie should be the backstory of Davy Jones and how he got to be all tentacley. But for some reason no one has returned my calls or emails. ;)

BrowncatP
10-01-2008, 08:08 PM
I am ready to buy my ticket!

mickeys_princess_mom
10-01-2008, 09:16 PM
I am ready to buy my ticket!

I'm already in line. Would you like some popcorn? :popcorn:

handmaidenofprincesses
10-03-2008, 09:24 PM
So excited!!!

But i can't think of what the conflict would be. Davy Jones is "dead", as is Beckett..

Don't forget, they released Tia Dalma/Calypso.. she would make one heck of an enemy... Then there's the other 8 of the 9 pirate lords we met in AWE... and if all else fails, there's always Barbossa :)

I just hope it doesn't turn out to be a made for video type of movie :ack:

I have a feeling that Johnny Depp and the POTC franchise are worth way too much money for it to skip theatres. I just hope it's better than DMC

I keep telling Disney that a 4th movie should be the backstory of Davy Jones and how he got to be all tentacley. But for some reason no one has returned my calls or emails. ;)

I know why! They answered that question in AWE... Davy Jones went "tentacely" b/c he didn't do the job... he stopped ferrying souls across to the other side or w/e.. Will and Jack talk about it at some point (sorry, seen the movie like 100 times)

Yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!

Davyjones
10-03-2008, 10:31 PM
I know why! They answered that question in AWE... Davy Jones went "tentacely" b/c he didn't do the job... he stopped ferrying souls across to the other side or w/e.. Will and Jack talk about it at some point (sorry, seen the movie like 100 times)

I realize that. I've probably seen the movies about the same amount as you have. I would like to visually see his story and when he becomes all "tentacley". :)

HeyMrsL!ItsThisGuy!
10-09-2008, 05:42 PM
They're paying him

55.8 MILLION DOLLARS

to be in this movie....JEALOUS.

wdwnomad
10-25-2008, 10:47 PM
This sounds interesting....

I am a huge POTC fan and I do enjoy the HSM musical movies.

Zac Efron 'signs for Pirates of the Caribbean 4'

Efron, who turned 21 last week, has reportedly agreed to a £6 million deal to appear alongside Johnny Depp in the fourth instalment of the popular Disney franchise.

The deal also ties him to a fourth High School Musical Movie, something he had said he would previously not do.

Efron has found international fame in the role of Troy, the school basketball star, but had said it was "time to grow up".

Thousands of screaming fans turned out to greet Efron when he arrived at the London premiere of High School Musical 3 along with co-star and girlfriend Vanessa Hudgens.

Efron is also expected to star in a remake of 80s favourite Footloose, which originally starred Kevin Bacon.

Depp, 45, currently filming Tim Burton's adaptation of Alice in Wonderland where he plays The Mad Hatter, will reportedly make £30 million reprising his role as Captain Jack Sparrow.

A source told The Sun: "Zac was extremely interested. But Disney realised they couldn't make the fourth Pirates movie without Johnny. They had to offer him a small fortune to do it."

Keira Knightley is expected to reprise her role as Elizabeth Swann although it is not thought Orlando Bloom will return.

It is rumoured the fourth Pirates film will focus on Jack Sparrow's quest for the Fountain of Youth.

Melanie
10-26-2008, 02:16 AM
Zac Efron 'signs for Pirates of the Caribbean 4'

Source?

LauraleeH
10-26-2008, 01:55 PM
I hope that's not true...not a Zac Efron fan at all.

But wow, 55 million dollars :jaw:

I can't believe Keira will be back since she said she wasn't interested. Wonder how much Disney is paying her? :pirate:

tracibell
10-26-2008, 04:29 PM
Above article is from Telegraph.co.uk.

I like Keira Knightly but I was hoping she wouldn't be in the next installment. Besides, Elizabeth would either be pregnant or she would have her son in tow. How is that good for the health of her baby?

I haven't seen any of the HSM movies so I can't say anything about Zac Efron. I wonder what sort of role they would put him in. I guess time will tell.

All in all, I will be at the theatres to see it. :pirate:

brownie
10-29-2008, 09:50 AM
I still like the first one the best and I think making more is going to be overkill. I'd rather see them invest in something new that could possibly create new attractions in the parks.

indytraveler
10-29-2008, 10:13 AM
[QUOTE=tracibell;1769729]

I haven't seen any of the HSM movies so I can't say anything about Zac Efron. I wonder what sort of role they would put him in. I guess time will tell.
QUOTE]

This is easy...
Zac plays Captain Jack Sparrow AFTER he finds fountain of Youth! Then Zac will make 4 more pirates movies and 4 more HSM movies because he will be eternally young!

Oh I can't wait!:ack:

I'll still go see it in the theaters but hope I'm wrong with my prediction.