PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Parade on ABC

SoonerFairy
09-26-2008, 10:27 AM
Does anyone know when the Christmas Parade that is shown on Christmas Day will be shot live? We are going to the World on Dec. 2-7 and we went at the same time last year and I remember a CM telling me it was filmed the weekend before we got there. I was just wondering if anyone had heard or they haven't gotten a date set yet? It would be so exciting for my family if it was going to be shot!!!! My DD would be totally jazzed!!!:mickey:

TheRustyScupper
09-26-2008, 11:24 AM
1) December 5-6 are the dates being passed around.
2) Just remember, you can't just see/film the parade.
3) It is a long and boring affair.
. . . they take one segment and do it over-and-over until it is right
. . . then they repeat for another segment
. . . it could take 2-3 hours to do just one segment
. . . that is why it takes 1-½ days to film a two-hour show
4) Additionally
. . . people close to the parade action have tickets well ahead of time
. . . folks with regular admission tickets are usually 3-4 people deep from the lines
. . . most guests shown on TV are actually actors, especially the kids

Strmchsr
09-26-2008, 11:31 AM
First off, :welcome: to Intercot!!!!

Just keep in mind being present when they're shooting the parade is more headache than joy. It's not just one parade. They run each float individually, back it up, reset, shoot again, and so on. Only AP holders who sign up to work a shift can be a part of the parade crowd and it's a lot of standing around doing nothing anyway. Friday they do most of the shooting in front of the castle with the music acts and Saturday Main St is pretty much shut down for the filming, which can make MK a zoo. So, unless you're signed up to work you can see a little, but being there during the parade taping really isn't much to be excited about. I've been there 3 times during that weekend, and twice been a part of the crowd. Don't think I'd want to do it again.

SoonerFairy
09-26-2008, 11:50 AM
OMG!!! Thank you so much for the information. I thought it would be like a regualr parade and something my 2 girls would enjoy. That sounds like my worst nightmare!! Now that I know the dates, I might just make sure we stay away from the MK those two days. How weird that they would get actors for the crowd for Christmas Parade. Well, thanks for the response and I look forward to future posts.

LandFan
09-26-2008, 12:53 PM
yep, stay away - it's a mess!

LandFan
09-26-2008, 12:58 PM
Oh, and last year it was filmed on Nov.30th and Dec. 1st - we were in the vicinity that day but smartly stayed out of MK - we had lunch at Kona and saw all of the craziness from the monorail - got some good pics of the goodyear blimp too :D

Mr. Brass Bonanza
09-26-2008, 01:39 PM
Gosh, do I ever feel foolish. I truly believed it was shown live on Christmas morning. I thought it was really impressive that Regis gave up his Christmas morning to do the parade. HA! Can you say "gullible times 100"?

buzz638
09-26-2008, 03:40 PM
Following the topic of this discussion, here's my question ?

We are arriving Dec.6th around 4.00pm.
The plan is to check in and go to MK, grab a bite and find a good spot for Spectromagic.

Will we be caught in the "crazyness" everyone is talking about, or everyone will be long gone by this time ?

Thank you for your help

Buzz

lindique
09-26-2008, 07:12 PM
Gosh, do I ever feel foolish. I truly believed it was shown live on Christmas morning. I thought it was really impressive that Regis gave up his Christmas morning to do the parade. HA! Can you say "gullible times 100"?
Actually, they used to do it live. I don't remember when they changed to pre-recording it - maybe 10 years ago (just a guess). I think they had too many problems with weather and this way they have more control - they can tape the same scene over again until they get it right. But I miss the live broadcast - it seemed much more like what you would really experience at the park.

Strmchsr
09-26-2008, 10:27 PM
Will we be caught in the "crazyness" everyone is talking about, or everyone will be long gone by this time?

Because it's a Saturday during the holiday season MK is always nuts, but the parade stuff would be over by the time you got there.