PDA

View Full Version : Costumes and MNSSHP

javaqueen11
09-26-2008, 10:07 AM
When you go to MNSSHP, do you typically wear your Halloween costumes all day around the Magic Kindgom? Or do you bring them, and change after 7 when the party officially starts? or go back to the resort mid afternoon for a break and come back with costumes on? Trying to convince my DS 13 that everyone wears costumes for this event, but I wouldn't want him to be one of the few wearing one all day. You know how 13 year olds can be...

Disney Doll
09-26-2008, 10:16 AM
I would feel more comfortable wearing the costume only at party time. We are not planning to wear our costumes all day.

kittysomerville
09-26-2008, 10:35 AM
My DH and I just got back from our vacation where we did the MNSSHP. We decided to go back to the resort at mid day and take a nap, get a shower, and change there. That worked best for us. We came back to MK feeling refeshed and ready to go!

brdavis
09-26-2008, 10:41 AM
We've always changed for MNSSHP as well, back at the resort. The down-time is handy (even with adults), and it means you can tailor your "day clothes" to the weather of the moment. The 13 y.o. should be in good company at the party itself ('course, this is coming from a *40* y.o. that still likes dressing up for the event, so take with a grain of aged salt).

--
Brian Davis

Diznee4Me
09-26-2008, 11:01 AM
We usually hit another park in the AM, took a break at the resort, then changed for the party.

3AMommy
09-26-2008, 11:11 AM
We went on 9/13 and we got up early and spent the morning at MK then went back to POP and made the kids take a nap. (They are 9, 5, and 1) Of course my older boys didn't want to but I knew they'd never make it to midnight otherwise so I just told them to rest for 5 minutes. Of course they were sawing logs by then:D!

Then we got up and got dressed in our costumes. We left for MK at around 5 since we had ADRs at LTT at 6ish.

It was such a blast. You can reassure your son that there will be many more people dressed up, especially as you get closer to Halloween.

Some people just wear Halloween t-shirts and Halloween mickey ears. Lots of glow-in-the-dark stuff that night too! Have fun and be festive!!!:mpumpkin:

3AMommy

pirate pixie
09-26-2008, 11:50 AM
Like others we go to another park during the day and the MNSSHP at night. we always wear costumes . but we change into them before we go. I do not think that they allow costumes during the day on adults. 6 more days till I am there if you go to the party on the 7th of Oct. look for cruella and her puppy ( me and DD ) :jack:

BugeyedMuggy
09-26-2008, 12:08 PM
My wife and I, without kids, have gone to EPCOT for W&F Fest and changed in the restrooms on the way out. We were the only ones with costumes on the monorail from EPCOT but when we changed to the MK monorail, many people were wearing costumes.

I dont recall seeing people dressed in the parks b4 the party, but we dont usually go to MK the day of a party either.

If it was October 31st I would think people would be dressed all day.

javaqueen11
09-26-2008, 12:20 PM
Thank you everyone! We had loosely planned on sleeping in that morning, maybe hanging by the new pool at CBR (where we're staying) and then heading over to MK in the afternoon. We figured since we could potentially be there till midnight we won't need to be there all day. I guess we could bring our stuff and then locker it till party time. Thanks again for all your input. You can always count on Intercotees!

thrillme
10-05-2008, 05:51 PM
I don't know whether to bother with costumes or not. I really hate having to pack them. I bought a little Doctor T-Shirt for my DH if he wants to dress up and my son has a special shirt that grandma made for him. I'm thinking about letting him take his "werewolf" mask if he gets the urge to dress a bit more.

I'm thinking about just wearing a cool black tank and a witches hat. I just don't want to be HOT or where anything that will be cumbersome on rides.

PoohRules
10-05-2008, 10:43 PM
Another vote for the afternoon. We generally go to EPCOT and have a nice lunch, go back to the room in mid-afternoon and go to MK early in costume (dinner at LLT, 5:30). Please note, DH does not dress up, I do. I made my costume. I used to look very much like Belle (blue dress), but I am older now, so I doubt I will get mistaken for the real one, as I have in the past.

Tell DS to go ahead and dress up or he may wish he did. Honestly, while DH was very embarrased the first time I did this, as no other adults at POFQ bus stop at 4:30 were dressed up.....once we got to the park and everyone loved my dress...he wished he had a cool costume. True fact, DH would not even sit with me on the bus...that is on the way to MK. Once he realized it is ok, you are at WDW, he was fine with not walking 20 feet behind me. Lots of adults are dressed up.

In regards to the heat from the above poster, that is why I choose the lightweight dress w/flat shoes. It is just as comfortable as shorts and tshirt.

Imagineer1981
10-06-2008, 04:20 PM
We always change later in the afternoon. Makes it more like Halloween, dressing up at night