PDA

View Full Version : Food and Wine Festival

Nesser480
09-26-2008, 02:15 AM
I will be at Disney during this event. I don't have much information about it though. Where can the complimentary tasting stations be found? Thanks for any help! ;)

KineGirl
09-26-2008, 03:58 AM
I dont believe there are any complimentary (free) tasting stations however there will be kiosks vary numerous countries set up around the World Showcase at Epcot where you can purchase samplings from $1 - $4. You can find a listing of all the countries and thier dishes on the Disney website.

You can also attend various wine & cooking seminars. Alot of those are free but are limited capacity so if you see one youd like to attend show up early!

There a few other things such as Party for the Senses which require additional $$$.

They got a lot of good stuff planned. :eat:

Disney Lynn
09-26-2008, 07:41 AM
In past years, there have been complimentary tastings of wines and beers at seminars held at set times during the afternoons/evenings. These were not at "stations" (which more aptly describes the booths around WS where you purchase samples of foods, wines and beers). When you arrive at EPCOT, get the free booklet that lists all the events (free and otherwise), their times and locations. As previously stated, these are popular, so be prepared to line up early- at least a half hour before the start time.

I'm sure more people will post about the F&W Festival once they've visited. And we leave for it on Monday!!!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-26-2008, 08:12 AM
I'll be heading there today after class. Getting there right as it opens.

Thankfully, I work at Epcot tonight anyways lol.

big blue and hairy
09-26-2008, 08:47 AM
I will be at Disney during this event. I don't have much information about it though. Where can the complimentary tasting stations be found? Thanks for any help! ;)There are some seminars where you get free samples, but as far as food booths, the closest to complimentary you'll get is you look nice today.:D

:sulley:

TheRustyScupper
09-26-2008, 11:34 AM
1) I am leaving for Epcot by noon, Friday.
2) Will let you know.
3) But, don't look for freebies.
4) Most of the "free" wine/beer tastings have been cut out.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-27-2008, 12:51 AM
I got some freebies today - the registers were having problems so...I got some freebies.

In another thread, I'll be posting the food menus.

KineGirl
09-27-2008, 01:19 AM
I got some freebies today - the registers were having problems so...I got some freebies.

Wow! Very cool - not to mention lucky! (For you) What were you fortunate enough to get? How were the lines?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-27-2008, 02:05 AM
Lines are fine, if you avoid rush times like lunch and dinner. Also, the Sam Adams one gets really long. A lot of people want to try all the different beers.

My food from Chile was free (Empanada and the Shrimp and Salsa), and I should have gotten a few drinks....but I didn't want to abuse the freebies. I plan to go back in a couple of weeks and eat the rest I missed.

KineGirl
09-27-2008, 02:39 AM
Lines are fine, if you avoid rush times like lunch and dinner. Also, the Sam Adams one gets really long. A lot of people want to try all the different beers.

My food from Chile was free (Empanada and the Shrimp and Salsa), and I should have gotten a few drinks....but I didn't want to abuse the freebies. I plan to go back in a couple of weeks and eat the rest I missed.

mmmm Those are def on my to-try list. How are they compared to the (cheap) ones at Bongos QS? I always hit that place up for at least one chicken empanada every trip - add a little texas pete - perfection :cloud9:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-27-2008, 07:38 AM
It was okay in my opinion. My uncle is actually from Chile so I've had his and this is nothing like it.

This one had a weird spice in it that I'd like to say was cinnamon but it was just....weird. Good, but weird.

TheRustyScupper
09-27-2008, 10:48 AM
. . . My food from Chile was free (Empanada and the Shrimp and Salsa) . . .

1) We didn't stop at Chili.
2) But, we saw nothing else that was free.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-27-2008, 09:23 PM
It wasn't marked free.

It was given to about 50 or so people for free because the register was broken and not operating.

big blue and hairy
09-28-2008, 12:32 PM
It wasn't marked free.

It was given to about 50 or so people for free because the register was broken and not operating.
Suuuuuuurrrrre....after you kicked the plug out...;)

Simba's Mom
09-29-2008, 06:21 PM
Suuuuuuurrrrre....after you kicked the plug out...;)

:funny::funny::funny:

TheRustyScupper
09-29-2008, 09:00 PM
Where can the complimentary tasting stations be found?

complimentary = free = no charge = not Disney

BelleLovesTheBeast
10-01-2008, 12:33 AM

I can't wait to read the menus. Thanks for posting them!

Congratulations on your freebie food from Chile.

Nesser480
10-01-2008, 01:10 AM
I think Captain Jessica posted the menu's and her favorites in the Trip Report section, so you might want to check it out there!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-01-2008, 01:35 AM
Yeah, it's falling down though since no one is posting in it, which is understandable. I kinda hope they would sticky it for the menu at least.

Here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=143168) is the link.