PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Choices

whalesitter
09-25-2008, 10:40 PM
All:

Trying to nail down some dining reservations.

For me, my wife, my sons 9 and 11.

Narcoossee's vs. Citricos?

Fulton Crab Shack vs. Capn Jacks? (Versus some other Downtown Disney Restaurant).

Thanks!:mickey:

KatMark
09-25-2008, 11:03 PM
All:

Fulton Crab Shack vs. Capn Jacks? (Versus some other Downtown Disney Restaurant).

We love Fulton's Crab House (you can see my recent review under 25th anniversary reviews). It is very expensive, but cheaper for lunch. I've read some not great reviews on Capn Jacks but have never been there.

Rodders
09-26-2008, 05:33 AM
All:

I can't comment on the other two but Narcoossee's vs. Citricos? is a really tough call. We loved both and I don't think that I could recommend one over the other. I think that you should look through the menu. One thing that I liked about Narcoossee was the stunning view over towards MK but the food was equally good at Citricos.

SBETigg
09-26-2008, 06:06 AM
You could easily bring kids to both Narcoossee's or Citricos. I had my kids look over the menus and choose. They preferred Narcoossee's, and we were very happy with choice. We had an excellent meal, good service, nice views. I think it's slightly more kid-friendly at Narcoossee's, still fancy but slightly more relaxed. And if you're there at fireworks time or during the Electrical Water Pageant, there's a viewing area at Narcoossee's.

The fun thing about Fulton's is dining on the boat, but it is pricey considering the food and service. Cap'n Jack's gets mixed reviews. I've never been there. I like Raglan Road at Downtown Disney but if that's too loud for you (live music after nine), Wolfgang Puck's Cafe gets very good reviews.

Goes4FastPass
09-26-2008, 03:55 PM
I had my kids look over the menus and choose. They preferred Narcoossee's.
Lord, bury me the day I let the kids in my life look over restaurant menus and tell me where we're going to eat, especially restaurants like Narcoosee's and Citricos. I'm a bad uncle. I give my niece choices like, "would you like to go to bed now or would like a drink of water then go to bed?" My son recently said, "I'm thinking Portofino" and I said, "I'm affording Papa John's"

cer
09-26-2008, 04:09 PM
Lord, bury me the day I let the kids in my life look over restaurant menus and tell me where we're going to eat, especially restaurants like Narcoosee's and Citricos. I'm a bad uncle. I give my niece choices like, "would you like to go to bed now or would like a drink of water then go to bed?" My son recently said, "I'm thinking Portofino" and I said, "I'm affording Papa John's" :funny::funny:

Crack me up!

SBETigg
09-26-2008, 07:09 PM
Lord, bury me the day I let the kids in my life look over restaurant menus and tell me where we're going to eat, especially restaurants like Narcoosee's and Citricos. I'm a bad uncle. I give my niece choices like, "would you like to go to bed now or would like a drink of water then go to bed?" My son recently said, "I'm thinking Portofino" and I said, "I'm affording Papa John's"

Not that I need to explain any more than you need to judge, but I will anyway. My kids are teenagers and it was a family experience. Mom and Dad had their own meals out at other times in the week. They weren't telling me where to eat. I gave them the choice of the two and asked what they would prefer, having no preference of my own. It was a family decision. We do make those on occasion. I feel it's nice to include the kids on some decisions instead of dictating our entire vacation experience to them. And I shared this with the OP because I felt it may help to know what other people's kids preferred given the choice. I don't see where your idea of parenting choices, or judging someone else's, has any bearing on the OP's question.

ElenitaB
09-26-2008, 09:37 PM
Moderator Alert

This is not a forum to discuss parenting techniques; that can be done over on The Water Cooler. Please keep to the topic!

whalesitter
10-02-2008, 12:08 AM
Thanks all... I am pretty much ready to bail on Capn Jacks... gotta find another dining option for that night...

Fulton's is not on the DDP and I have a table service to... um... well... eat?