PDA

View Full Version : Reunion Websites

SteveL
09-25-2008, 09:39 PM
I get bombarded with emails for various reunion websites.
Has anyone ever paid to subscribe to one of them and if so, is it worth the money?

pixiesmimi
09-25-2008, 11:31 PM
DH belongs to one. I'm not sure if he pays for it or not but they send him info on his high school reunions and pictures of friends in school. They even sent me info on my high school reunion and an obit of a friend of mine that passed away. Depending on if you have to pay and how much, if it might be worth it. I don't belong to it but DH has it on his computer and seems to enjoy it.

RenDuran
09-26-2008, 09:10 AM
I paid for the classmates site years ago before I discovered facebook and myspace. It was worth it back then, because I got in touch with several people that I had really wanted to talk to.

But there are so many free ways to catch up with people now, when I get their email to resubscribe, I just delete it.

prprincess
09-26-2008, 12:24 PM
I agree with the above poster. I have reconnected with so many people on MySpace and Facebook for free, that it's really not worth it to even bother with the reunion sites anymore.

DisneyLandMomma
09-27-2008, 04:23 PM
My hubby paid for a subscription to one and it was not worth it. The only way you could get ahold of anyone is if they also paid for a membership, in his case, no one had.

Flower
09-27-2008, 05:12 PM
Check out facebook instead - it is so easy to find people and keep in touch!