PDA

View Full Version : how about something funny?

handmaidenofprincesses
09-25-2008, 08:16 PM
I was just reading the "best things you've seen" post, and it got me thinking... what is the funniest thing you've ever seen/experienced in the parks?

I have two:

*One, at Alfredo's... My aunt was sipping her coffee:coffee: and my cousin Marc put his hand over his mouth and made a huge slurping noise. Every time she tried to take a sip, he would slurp like it was her. Obnoxious, yes, but as ppl near by began to realize what was going on everybody got laughing...

*Crystal Palace- It was late and there was almost nobody in the restaurant except me and my family. We had Eeyore pretty much to ourselves:eeyore: and he was really hamming it up. There was a counter near our table where the waitresses put the little black leather folders fo the checks. He went ove and started ifling though them like he was looking for money, and when a waitress came ove and scolded him, he quickly turned to my mom and pointed at her as though it was he idea (she had her back to him and couldn't figure out why we were laughing so hard) too funny

ps- if i'm missing an "R"s I apologize, something is wrong with that key on my (Brand new:mad:) keyboard i have to pound on it to get it to work...

TheRustyScupper
09-25-2008, 10:54 PM
When Artist Point was still a Tigger-Eeyore-Pooh breakfast . . .

1) Daughter went in with her Eeyore backpack
2) Flaunted it boldly in front of Tigger
3) Tigger grabbed the bag, tossed it on floor and body-slammed the bag.
4) Several times
5) Daughter climbed on Tigger to stop the backpack-abuse.
6) They rolled on the floor for about 4-minutes.
7) Everyone was cheering for daughter or Tigger.

NOTE: The character attendant tried to break it up and several guests stopped her. It was great fun. I stuffed a bill into the handler's hand and said to share with the characters, and to NOT mention this to supervisors. Although they can't take tips, I did not see the large bill again.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-26-2008, 01:05 AM

As an attendant, I would have gotten security involved immediately and I wouldn't have cared less if the other guests didn't want me to. That is unacceptable and as a CM or former CM, you should know better and removed your child not only for Tigger's safety, but her's as well. The vision is limited sooooo much in those costumes and turning the wrong way could have seriously hurt someone. Not to mention the head gear, the constraints, everything.

pirate pixie
09-26-2008, 11:55 AM
My husband was in the restroom and overheard and young boy well as my DD would say Going # 2 he was very dramatic about it and at the end before he flushed he yelled out as loud as he could " to Infinity and beyond " Flush .......
my husband still laughs about it to this day

disney100%
09-26-2008, 12:59 PM
At one of my family's numerous dinners at Hoop Dee Doo, my brother was picked to be in the show (he was very good too surprisingly!). When he came back to the table, he said he couldn't believe he did that, blah, blah, blah. So of course, we reassure him it doesn't matter, it was fun and no one here knows you. Well, we get on the bus (this was before we realized taking the boat from MK to FW was a much easier way to get there) and someone yells out - "Hey! There's the Indian!" The whole bus broke out in applause and my brother was motified - he was a good sport about it though. I was laughing so hard! If we hadn't just given him all the reassurance that no one knew him, it probably wouldn't have been as funny.

Cookie123
09-26-2008, 01:31 PM
It wasn't in the park - it was in the gift shop at Port Orleans Riverside. A little girl was having a wicked temper tantrum. She was about 3 years old, and was with her Father. She kept screaming over and over "But Daddy, I need that! She was doing the whole screaming and crying bit. Embarrassed, the Father grabbed the item she had, he put it back, and they left the store. Would you like to know what item this little girl insisted that she needed???? It was a package of condoms !!!!

threeh
09-26-2008, 02:26 PM
Our first trip in 2004 my son, who was 8, met Pinnochio and said "Hey Liar". Dh and I still laugh about it today:mickey:
On our honeymoon DH and I were in England and all the sudden the Queen of Hearts walked up and tapped my husband on the shoulder. She looks kinda mad anyway so he turned around and there she was, all annoyed. It was great!!

Tink's Mom
09-26-2008, 03:12 PM
This April we finally talked my husbands parents into joining us for a trip to WDW. We decided to all go on the Jungle Cruise, and while we were enjoying our ride and listening to the boat captain, I leaned against my DH and I was unconsciously rubbing his thigh. While the captain is giving her humorous spiel, I hear quietly in my ear "Are you comfortable?" I turn to look and it is my father-in-law, I have been rubbing HIS thigh!!!! I screamed really loud "OH MY GOD!!!!!!" and everyone on the boat started laughing at me. :blush:

Now, the next day at Epcot we were all in that little store just as you enter the World showcase messing around. My FIL was pretending to take a picture of me with a toy camera and I leaned up against my DH and innocently slid my hand in his pocket, to pull him next to me for the picture, and I'm laughing and joking around, and I hear someone saying "Wrong person!" "Wrong person!" and it gets louder, "Wrong person!" I had slid my hand in another mans pocket !!!!! Of course, I yelled really loudly again. Everyone was laughing at me, again. Then the man's wife took my DH by the arm and started walking out of the store with him, telling me she would not mind the trade!!!

:haha:Needless to say, I can not live this down. My DH and DD's share the events every chance they can. Lately I try to pay more attention to my surroundings.

PittFan
09-26-2008, 04:04 PM
Just when you think you've seen it all, something will happen that leaves you bewildered. Such was the case at DHS a few weeks back. As my DS and I were trying to get in one last ride before heading to the 50's Primetime for dinner, we got in line for Star Tours. The park is not crowded and there aren't really any lines for anything at this point. As we're swiftly moving through the queue area we soon come to an abrubt halt. Not really sure why we are stopped, we peek ahead to see what is going on. To our disbelief, here is a woman stopping the line while she lets her son, who is about 5 or 6, relieve himself in a Coke bottle she is holding!!!
After a few moments a CM comes down the ramp to see what the holdup is. You should have seen her face :confused:. She never said a word, she just let them finish and then got people moving again. I couldn't believe it !!! It wasn't like they had waited an hour in line and weren't about to loose their spot, the ride was pretty much a walk on. Everyone in line was still laughing as we exited the ride.

disney100%
09-26-2008, 04:23 PM
It wasn't in the park - it was in the gift shop at Port Orleans Riverside. A little girl was having a wicked temper tantrum. She was about 3 years old, and was with her Father. She kept screaming over and over "But Daddy, I need that! She was doing the whole screaming and crying bit. Embarrassed, the Father grabbed the item she had, he put it back, and they left the store. Would you like to know what item this little girl insisted that she needed???? It was a package of condoms !!!!

I laughed out loud when I read this! Too funny!

This April we finally talked my husbands parents into joining us for a trip to WDW. We decided to all go on the Jungle Cruise, and while we were enjoying our ride and listening to the boat captain, I leaned against my DH and I was unconsciously rubbing his thigh. While the captain is giving her humorous spiel, I hear quietly in my ear "Are you comfortable?" I turn to look and it is my father-in-law, I have been rubbing HIS thigh!!!! I screamed really loud "OH MY GOD!!!!!!" and everyone on the boat started laughing at me. :blush:

Now, the next day at Epcot we were all in that little store just as you enter the World showcase messing around. My FIL was pretending to take a picture of me with a toy camera and I leaned up against my DH and innocently slid my hand in his pocket, to pull him next to me for the picture, and I'm laughing and joking around, and I hear someone saying "Wrong person!" "Wrong person!" and it gets louder, "Wrong person!" I had slid my hand in another mans pocket !!!!! Of course, I yelled really loudly again. Everyone was laughing at me, again. Then the man's wife took my DH by the arm and started walking out of the store with him, telling me she would not mind the trade!!!

:haha:Needless to say, I can not live this down. My DH and DD's share the events every chance they can. Lately I try to pay more attention to my surroundings.

This sounds like something I would do and again I completely laughed out loud!

Thank for sharing these great stories!

KathyMJ
09-26-2008, 06:22 PM

OMG...that is absolutley hysterical:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

mickey&missy
09-26-2008, 07:16 PM

:funny::rotfl::funny::rotfl: tooooo funny!!!!!

Back in 05 on our first visit with our kids we went to Hoop De Doo on night. My oldest DS was 2 at the time. He thought the show was absolutely hysterical and laughed the entire time! We were sitting in the second row of tables right in the center. Everyone could see us and everyone could hear him! So everyone was laughing because he was laughing! I swear a nearly wet my pants that night because he made me laugh so hard!! After the show the preformer who played the girl in the yellow dress (I can't remember her name) came over, DH thanked her and she said no, thank you. She said the kids are the reason she does this and he made her night!

DisneyWhirled
09-26-2008, 08:32 PM

OMG!! Great story!! I didn't know these were available in the stores at Disney. I guess Disney wants guests to have fun AND be safe! And to think, they don't even sell gum!!

LOL!!! Great story!!!!

kemps@wdw
09-27-2008, 11:38 PM
Seeing my 190 lb +, slightly inebriated, and Disney-lovin DH playing "Davey Crocketts :cap: angel" in a pink tutu @ the Hoop-Dee-Doo!:funny:

bkfree
09-28-2008, 10:41 PM
The first time we took our kids to Disney they were 4 and 6 . While we were Disney fans before the trip, Disney character cartoons etc. just never grabbed my kids attention but before our trip we did some pre trip Disney character education on them and thought we had it covered.
Our first character meal was Breakfast at Crystal Palace at 8 am.
The room was just crowded enough when the characters began roaming the room. Our son has autism and we were somewhat nervous about what his reaction might be with his first Big character encounter. He possibly could have run screaming from the room or ignored them completely or hid behind us. What we weren't prepared for was this.
When he saw Eeyore across the room, my son stood up on his chair and as loud as he has ever been yells
"LOOK, EVERYONE IT'S A GIANT DOG!!!!!!"
The room erupted in laughter and I felt really embarrased that everyone thought we did not know what kind of animal Eeyore was.
But it was the first sign of a great week and that our son LOVED characters at the park and how magical WDW would be for him.
We are going on our 3rd trip in Dec. and everytime we see Eeyore we have to say,
Look, its a Giant Dog".

gmgdisneymom
09-29-2008, 10:50 AM
The funniest thing that I have ever seen (and I should note that this happened about 25 years ago when I was about 12 or so - before I have kids) There was a little boy - about 3 or 4 who was wearing one of those leashes. He took it off and attached it to the fence (while we were waiting in line) - he went to the other side of the ramp and yelled "Bye Grandma" and ran away. The grandmother was still holding the leash and looking back and forth between the leash and the kid.

She did catch him and bring him back. My brother and I still laugh about it. I should say that now that I am an adult and taking my kids to the parks, I watch them like hawks:secret:

CU Tiger
09-29-2008, 12:20 PM
We were having dinner at the crystal palace and when Piglet walked up to the table; my brother said “I didn’t know pork was on the menu”. :haha: Piglet just shook his head, but we were all laughing. :funny::mickey:

BraddyB
09-29-2008, 12:41 PM
When Artist Point was still a Tigger-Eeyore-Pooh breakfast . . .

1) Daughter went in with her Eeyore backpack
2) Flaunted it boldly in front of Tigger
3) Tigger grabbed the bag, tossed it on floor and body-slammed the bag.
4) Several times
5) Daughter climbed on Tigger to stop the backpack-abuse.
6) They rolled on the floor for about 4-minutes.
7) Everyone was cheering for daughter or Tigger.

NOTE: The character attendant tried to break it up and several guests stopped her. It was great fun. I stuffed a bill into the handler's hand and said to share with the characters, and to NOT mention this to supervisors. Although they can't take tips, I did not see the large bill again.

Sounds like a blast to me, if he was willing to play along in good fun and it wasnt getting out of hand its fine.

Boojum
09-29-2008, 01:05 PM
I can't say I've had too many fall-down-laughing moments at WDW, but one stands out:

When my younger DD was about 7, we visited the Hall of Presidents. She was being very patient and sitting quietly, even though I knew she was probably a little bored. First President Lincoln spoke, then President Clinton.

When President Clinton was almost through with his speech, DD leaned over to me and whispered "Mom.....are they ALL gonna talk???"

I got the worst case of the snickers/giggles I think I've ever had, mostly because I HAD to be quiet!!

mouseketeer mom
09-29-2008, 05:07 PM
I don't have a story to share, but these are terrific!!!!!

ariel326
09-30-2008, 09:20 AM

As an attendant, I would have gotten security involved immediately and I wouldn't have cared less if the other guests didn't want me to. That is unacceptable and as a CM or former CM, you should know better and removed your child not only for Tigger's safety, but her's as well. The vision is limited sooooo much in those costumes and turning the wrong way could have seriously hurt someone. Not to mention the head gear, the constraints, everything.
WOW!!!! The character didn't call out for help or stop, I think if it would have gotten dangerous they would have stopped. Take some pamprin and chill. :humph:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-30-2008, 11:08 AM
They aren't supposed to talk, even if they are in trouble. We aren't supposed to be to allow that kind of behavior to occur for the safety of our characters and our guests and if it happens and the character cannot control the situation, we are supposed to intervene and get the guests to stop.

And believe me, that is the edited post. I had originally put a lot more in there but one of the mod's edited it.

I work in Entertainment as a Character Attendant, so please don't tell me to chill - I know if that had been one of my characters, and I was their attendant, I would have gotten in trouble from my character, as well as my managers.

Rusty may not have seen the money but that probably didn't stop the person from getting in trouble since Tigger probably spoke up.

TheRustyScupper
09-30-2008, 12:41 PM
. . . We aren't supposed to be to allow that kind of behavior to occur for the safety of our characters and our guests and if it happens and the character cannot control the situation, we are supposed to intervene and get the guests to stop . . .

1) If it is up to the guest to stop.
2) Unless, of course the character pulls the guest into the action.
3) Like in this instance.
4) Space does not allow a full recital of the event.
5) However, the daughter was coaxed from her chair to get into the action.
6) And, by Eeyore.
7) I didn't mention that Eeyore also got into the match when his likeness was trashed.
8) Eeyore even started to mock-punch Tigger for slamming the back pack.

NOTE: This was not a case of a guest accosting a character. This was a case of the characters bringing a guest into the action. We watched very closely to make sure one of the characters did not roll upon my daughter - and they were very careful, also.

NOTE2: Let's face one big fact, this was a time before Political Correctness, when characters did mess with guests. And guests liked it. I even have photos of Pluto putting my head fully in his mouth and holding me by the buns so I couldn't escape. (I want to so much to go into my rant about WDW and PC, but will refrain.)

Cinderelley
09-30-2008, 01:13 PM
1)
NOTE2: Let's face one big fact, this was a time before Political Correctness, when characters did mess with guests. And guests liked it. I even have photos of Pluto putting my head fully in his mouth and holding me by the buns so I couldn't escape. (I want to so much to go into my rant about WDW and PC, but will refrain.)[/I]

That sounds hilarious. Bring out the pictures!

The only one I can think of occurred while we were waiting for a bus - keep in mind that I'm from Arizona. A man and his son (about 7) were reading a newspaper while waiting. There was a story that day about a man robbing a house somewhere out here in the west and the homeowner shot him. The little boy said "Why did he shoot him dad?". Then the man said "Cause that's what they do out in the west son. They take the law into their own hands." I could just imagine all of us here in Phoenix on our horses with our shotguns discussing the next "hangin'".

ariel326
09-30-2008, 01:23 PM
[QUOTE=CaptainJessicaSparrow;1750774]They aren't supposed to talk, even if they are in trouble. We aren't supposed to be to allow that kind of behavior to occur for the safety of our characters and our guests and if it happens and the character cannot control the situation, we are supposed to intervene and get the guests to stop.

QUOTE]
Um, it sounds like the character had everything under control, he was playing... Reread the post!!!! Tigger was rolling on floor and having fun with the guest. Good thing for the guests he did not have a grump of an escort with him, to stop him from having fun. :goofy2:
And to get you going, guess what I have somewhere... pictures from about 8 years ago my son was only 3 months old, we were at MGM later at night, during chirstmas light special my family was having a GOOD time with characters and they were even holding my baby for pics.

Cinderelley
09-30-2008, 01:28 PM
Yes, CaptainJessicaSparrow came off as a little harsh, but lay off a little you guys. She's only talking about doing her job right. I think it's a little harder for us to understand the dangers. If bad things hadn't happened or people weren't so sue happy, they wouldn't have made the rules.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-30-2008, 03:02 PM
Hehe, I'm not grumpy at all. Almost all of my characters love working with me.

Goofy had to go off-stage for a minute because I had him laughing so hard teaching him how to do the "Bend and Snap" and how to belly dance.

I've got Donald to do the CUTEST pose ever!! And I mean, it's adorable!

They also tell me they appreciate me taking care of them and helping them interact with the Guests. I've had several Guests who saw me one day at Character Spot and say "Hey you were in the Princess Room last night! Your jokes aren't funny though."

So no, I'm not grumpy. I just don't think the attendant should have just let it happen, and if it had been me, I would have stopped it.

andreallybadeggs
10-03-2008, 08:24 PM
I'm looking at this from 2 sides...
1) Been going to WDW for a very long time and I also remember times when the interaction between characters and guests was more physical/slapstick kind of fun. Our kids enjoyed it and we thought nothing of it...
It was all in good fun and we would have been surprised if an attendant felt the need to step in, especially since in our case (as with Rusty) it was the characters who initiated it. But--
fast forward through a few law suits and you understand why more recently trained characters and attendants do not see things quite the same way.
It's a shame but it is what it is.
2) I care deeply about a few of the characters that good cast members such as Captain Jessica look after so please be kind to her. She takes her duties seriously and having heard some stories about the way a few characters have been abused by guests I really appreciate that she does. I will not share any details but suffice to say that some of the people who vacation in WDW have a pretty sick way of having fun in a family park. And CJS is correct that the characters are so limited in vision and mobility that they are virtually helpless so she really is responsible for their safety. Don't know if she has ever been the attendant for any of "my group" but I'd be delighted if she were.:mickey:

andreallybadeggs
10-03-2008, 08:42 PM
Having done my serious bit for the evening, I do want to add that these stories are hilarious, so thanks for that.
I'll add one-- DH, DD, DF and I were waiting at ToonTown to see Minnie and some princesses. We did not make it in before their break but decided to wait in line since they were to return in 10-15 minutes. While we were quietly visiting amongst ourselves, we began to experience one of the most obnoxious and pervasive odors we'd ever encountered. You could tell nobody wanted to say anything but we were all looking at each other with wrinkled noses and trying not to laugh. Eventually we began to look towards a family behind us with a baby, hoping that they would take their precious little bundle and change him. Within a few seconds, though, I noticed that the Mom was indicating to her family that no, little one was not responsible for the noxious gas around us. At that point our attention turned to a middle aged couple in front of us. They maintained their silence but their guilt was evident through body language and red faces.
I swear, that was a very long 10 minute wait!
We're still not sure which one of the two was the culprit but when they approached Minnie she took a step backwards and we had to turn around to keep from bursting with laughter.
Now every time I see photos of the lovely little mouse she looks like she's still grimacing a bit from the experience. :sick: :D

Iluvpooh
10-04-2008, 12:07 AM
Super funny you guys-Thanks for the smiles.

I don't know if they still do this or not, but back in 2001-the first bus of the day that showed up at the resort had characters on it and they would get off and clown around with everyone. The characters that morning were Alice and Tweedle-dee- Tweedle-dum. My husband had set his backpack down to take a pic of me with Alice and the Tweedles snuck up and picked it up and ran. Dee stepped right of the curb and busted it flat out in the middle of the street. It was one of those terrible things that you just couldn't stop watching. It was a mess watching him try and get up off the ground. I will say this-he never spoke or anything. If it had been me that face planted I probably would have said something out of the way after I fell.:blush:

Last year after leaving Ariel's grotto, my daughter asked me if she and her sister could play in the water. They were each wearing gymnastic leotards under thier costumes to keep them from itching and I had a change of clothes for them so I told them go ahead and take off thier costumes and they could run around and we would go to the bathroom and put on dry clothes. I am helping my 3year old get out of her costume and I look up and my 4 year old is running around the grotto buck naked!! I start yelling at her and trying to catch her and I look over and now the 3 year old is naked and running around. My husband comes back from the bathroom and busts out laughing. I asked him why aren't you helping and he said-I was waiting on you to take your clothes off too. Jerk!;)

WhoFramedLGraves
10-04-2008, 01:25 AM
These stories are super funny!
Last May I went to wdw for graduation. I took one of my friends who is like a brother to me and my family. The entire trip he would jump over any pole, cone, or fence he could without getting in trouble. One night as we're leaving the reservation section of Fantasmic, he once again decides to jump over the poles lighting the path back to the main entrance of the park. We leave him behind trying to hint to him that we don't think it's funny. All of the sudden we hear a crash and a groan. My family looks behind and there's my friend laid out spread eagle in the grass with the light on top of him. All we can figure is that the pole was loose. Everyone (my family included) just about fell over laughing. Luckily the cast members were too busy with the crowds to yell at him. Fortunately the embaressment of his famed fall prevented him from trying to jump any more poles during the trip.