PDA

View Full Version : Gluten free menus

CosmicRay
09-25-2008, 05:17 PM
I have a friend who can not eat gluten. I heard that WDW has gluten-free and dairy-free meals. Does anyone have any info I can give my friend? Is there a place I can find restaurants or menus for her? And does any one have their own stories, I'm sure she'd love to read them!

VWL Mom
09-25-2008, 05:29 PM
I was able to find information on soy milk and gluten free at Disney. I can't post the site but google {link removed per TOS} and you'll get the list of special needs meals and some of the places they are served. Hope this helps.

ElenitaB
09-25-2008, 08:21 PM
Several people have posted about their experience eating gluten-free at WDW on our Guests with Special Needs board. As your question will probably garner more responses over there, I'm going to move it.

Keep your arm and legs inside the right vehicle!

Strmchsr
09-25-2008, 08:52 PM
Send me a PM with your email and I'll be glad to send you what Disney Dining sent me. It was for my diabetic son, but it had lots of gluton stuff, too. I would recommend your friend contact WDW Dining and they will be extremely helpful in assisting with the dietary needs.

cvzdesign
10-06-2008, 08:38 AM
WDW was the BEST at providing GF meals for my wife and daughter. They had plenty of choices and it was all delicious!

mudpuppysmom
10-06-2008, 02:36 PM
Disney is great at accommodating GF diners! Before Tusker House changed from CS to TS DS and I were there at lunch time and I asked the CM at the ordering kiosk to speak to the chef as I needed GF food....he came out and asked me what I was in the mood for and he told me what he could fix for me. I specifically remember that I asked for a brownie and he put a cookie on my tray....when I told the CM handing me the tray I needed a GF brownie if they had any instead of the cookie I'd like that....the chef told me to keep the cookie for later.....a snack! Actually the cookie was WAY better than the brownie!!

Other places are just as accommodating though, so just ask when you get there -- also have it noted on any ADR's you have made and then reiterate that you need to speak to the chef about GF options when you check in for your ADR's so hopefully you won't have to wait forever for your meal!

Really, it's very doable to eat GF at wdw.