PDA

View Full Version : Crowds and line report - just back!

Lynn J Mc
09-25-2008, 10:02 AM
We just returned. We were at the World Sept. 20-23. Lines at most attractions were 5-10 minutes with the exception of Soarin, Test Track, Peter Pan, and Toy Story Mania. Crowds were minimal and exiting the park after Wishes and Fantasmic was easy.

ljv1975
09-25-2008, 10:34 AM
That's good to hear! We are going Sept 14-24 next year, so hopefully this will be the case in the future!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-25-2008, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the reports

Rodders
09-25-2008, 11:54 AM
We just did 3rd - 17th September and our longest wait was 20mins. Most were much shorter and many we almost walked right on including the mountains :thumbsup:

Midway Mania was up to 80 mins stand by though. We used a fast pass for this.

crazeedizneefinatic
09-25-2008, 12:12 PM
Thanks! I was wondering what we would run into. We are headed there tomorrow morning and staying till the 5th. Did you happen to do MNNSHP? Was wondering how the crowds were for that.

Lynn J Mc
09-25-2008, 02:20 PM
We did not do the Halloween party. We were at the Studios that night and Fantasmic was standing room only but the park wasn't very crowded so I wondered if a lot of people were at the party. The thing I noticed on this trip was that the resorts were full but there were very few cars coming in to the parks in the morning. I think most of the guests were staying on-site. We were at the Grand Floridian and they said they were sold out.

NASCARVW
09-25-2008, 05:37 PM
Great to hear,
I'm headed there tonight for a softball tournament at Wide World Of Sports this weekend. So if we lose soon, we're all headed over to the parks...
It's a no lose situation!
Wish us luck...ON BOTH SCENARIOS...lol

CaptSmee
09-25-2008, 08:00 PM
Sounds pretty empty! Hope it stays that way a few more weeks...:thumbsup:

Phantasia
09-25-2008, 09:14 PM
Me too! Thanks for the report and I hope hit similarly small crowds when we go in a few weeks. :mickey:

(Personally, I don't mind a wait -- I rather hate running through an amazing queue area like Kali River Rapids... But 10 minutes for Peter Pan's Flight? Love it!)

Going2HeavenRU
09-25-2008, 09:27 PM
We were there the 13th to the 20th. I found the crowd situation to be kinda funny. The walk ways seemed crowded with lots of large groups of people but we were able to walk on almost all of the rides accept the one's mentioned in the initial post. We rode Test Track in about 5 minutes or less every time we rode it because all of the people in the groups were standing in the stand-by line while we were able to take advantage of the single rider line. We actually got on POTC without waiting at all then went back on again right afterwards. We got a fast pass for Splash Mountain then road Big Thunder Mountain twice within 20 minutes and had plenty of time to get back to ride Splash Mountain with our Fast Pass. On Saturday the 20th, we didn't wait at all for Splash Mountain. It was wonderful but strange

Darbylew
09-25-2008, 09:57 PM
I hope that trend continues. We are going in
19 days and that would be great to walk on a
lot of rides. We are going to MNSSHP. :mickey:

CaptSmee
09-26-2008, 01:03 AM
We were there the 13th to the 20th. I found the crowd situation to be kinda funny. The walk ways seemed crowded with lots of large groups of people but we were able to walk on almost all of the rides accept the one's mentioned in the initial post. We rode Test Track in about 5 minutes or less every time we rode it because all of the people in the groups were standing in the stand-by line while we were able to take advantage of the single rider line. We actually got on POTC without waiting at all then went back on again right afterwards. We got a fast pass for Splash Mountain then road Big Thunder Mountain twice within 20 minutes and had plenty of time to get back to ride Splash Mountain with our Fast Pass. On Saturday the 20th, we didn't wait at all for Splash Mountain. It was wonderful but strange

Gotta love the off season!!!:mickey:

MidnTPK
09-26-2008, 03:36 PM
Sounds pretty empty! Hope it stays that way a few more weeks...:thumbsup:

I was just there the 18th-24th. While I can confirm that the lines were not very long, I definitely felt that it was busy. It was not empty.....it actually felt unusually crowded to me (compared to previous visits in the fall) though lines were generally not longer than the past.

homeschool mom
09-26-2008, 11:02 PM
We were there the 13th - 19th and also experienced very short wait times. The only long wait time we noticed was for Space Mountain during the evening EMH and it was 50 min. Our first day in the parks (Sun. the 14th), Fantasyland was practicaly empty when we got there. I have photos of empty walkways. Unbelievable! It was great!

Going2HeavenRU
09-27-2008, 09:34 AM
I agree with homeschool mom. We walked right on Peter Pan on Sunday the 14th. It was the only time we rode it since after that the line was back to the 40+ minute wait. It was all timing.