PDA

View Full Version : MVMCP Strategy

BigRedDad
09-24-2008, 07:49 PM
Now that I am going to MVMCP, I am trying to make a plan. I am guessing that I will be able to get 3 - 3.5 hours in before my DD crashes. Since I have limited time, I am trying to make a plan of things to be sure to see/do.

DD Background:
1. Loves characters and interacting with them
2. Loves parades
3. Loves fireworks
4. May enjoy the song and dance shows

Current Plan:
1. Hit Twas the night at 7PM
2. See what is happening in Tommorowland, through Fantasyland
3. If nothing interests DD while in those areas, head to Frontierland for Woody, Daisy, and Bullseye
4. Party in Frontierland and get a good spot for the Parade
5. Head back towards Fantasyland/Tomorrowland/Toon Town to see what is going.
6. Start looking for a place for Wishes somewhat close to the Castle so we can watch Celebrate the Seasons.
7. If DD is still going strong, see what else we can catch.

Anyone have any other suggestions or ideas for a good strategy?

faline
09-24-2008, 08:08 PM
I would try to get to the park around 4 when they begin to let party-goers into the park. If possible, I'd have dinner in the park around 5. by time dinner is finished, you'll be ready for the start of the party.

We usually try to catch the first holiday show at the Castle Stage which generally begins right around 7. After that, we usually wander over to Frontierland where the crowds aren't as heavy and find a spot for the first parade.

Following the parade, we usually head back towards Main Street so we'll have a good location for the fireworks.

After the fireworks, we generally locate a good place where we can watch the second parade which is usually more sparsely attended than the first.

Twas the Night Before Christmas is always fun but they usually show that during regular park hours so we skip it for the parade.

Katzateer
09-24-2008, 10:41 PM
I would try to get to the park around 4 when they begin to let party-goers into the park. If possible, I'd have dinner in the park around 5. by time dinner is finished, you'll be ready for the start of the party.

That is the best way to start the party.

If you are going to get the holiday picture done be sure to do that early.

Grab some cookies and hot chocolate before the parade and people watch. Don't miss the fireworks. We always look at special holiday purchases as we are leaving the park.

We try to save rides and other normal MK activities for another day at the park and just concentrate on the special holiday shows during the party.

You will have a great time-the MK is always magical for the holiday party.

BigRedDad
09-25-2008, 04:07 AM
Thank you for the input. I do plan on being at the park by 4PM. It all depends on when our room is available and nap for DD.

Katzateer
09-25-2008, 07:09 AM
when our daughters were younger we used to go to the party every year. 90%of the time they were asleep in the stroller before the parade and sometimes the fireworks.

I have seen people waking up the little kids and yelling at them because they are missing the shows. Even if the kids can't stay awake for the entire party they have a great time.

And we used to go to the party our first night at WDW. It was a family tradition. Sometimes we weren't able to get our room until we got back from the party but our luggage at least was waiting in the room for us.

Have fun!:mickey:

BigRedDad
09-25-2008, 07:16 AM
Typically, my DD can go late into the night as long as something is going on. She will fight going down. Once she is away from the hustle and bustle, she will crash quickly. I plan on staying there as late as possible. My DW and family will be getting to the WL around 10:15 -10:30. I do not have to meet them. However, I think this will be about the end of the night for DD. So, I want to get in as much as I can without running around like a chicken with our heads cutoff. There are really only 2 must do's (parade and wishes), so I don't mind changing what we do. I think the character interaction will be what she wants to do most.