PDA

View Full Version : MK Changes, etc....

ravsluvdisney
09-24-2008, 07:14 PM
My DS and I were having one of our serious, heated, Disney related discussions. :)
It was what park was our personal favorite. Being that after many visits thru the years MK is still my fave of the 4 parks, I was wondering:

If you could, which of the numerous "older" attractions would you eliminate/not miss at the park? Which one that could go would you hate to see go? Which one needs some revamping?

Bye-bye: I have never experienced either Astro Orbiter or the Liberty Square Riverboat in over 30 years of trips - but if I had to drop the axe on one it would have to be Big Al at the ol' Jamboree. Saw it for the first time in many years on our last trip and I have to say it was dated, hokey and pretty much a total bore. I swear I liked it as a kid but hey, I was a kid what did I know?! ;)

Keepsake: Its eminent demise has been talked about for some time but I always enjoyed rafting over to Tom Sawyer Island. A nice break from the crowds, some good photo ops and my 2 DS' really get a kick out of it.

HELP!: My very first ride experience back in the 70's needs a little kick - talking about Indy Speedway. Pick up the pace a bit (most of us walk the parks faster than those cars go!), maybe go to the Cars movie theme that was discussed for a while, make some more space for added track. Vroom vroom!!:car:

KAT1811
10-04-2008, 03:36 PM
Can go- I would not mind seeing Astro Orbiter go. Not my cup of tea and I think Disney could dream up something much better to put in it's place.

Hate to see go- Liberty Square Riverboat. While it is not my favorite attraction to visit I love to see the Riverboat floating down the river all lit up at night and would miss it.

Revamp- I LOVE Carousel of Progress and hope it stays in Walt Disney World forever but . . . I would love to see them update the final scene to reflect some possible technology for the future as of right now the end scene is what we have avaliable to us today.

iheartmickey
10-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Bye-Bye: Speedway ... sorry to say this one would be fine gone, especially if it opened up some real estate in tomorrowland! :number1:

Keepsake: I would hate to see any of the older attractions (besides Speedway) gone ... I guess the one thing that would really upset me the most would be the TTA.

HELP! I agree with KAT1811 ... the COP is in need or an update! It's such a great ride but is outdated at the end ... update it but they better keep the song! ;)

Airblue1
10-06-2008, 08:45 AM
Future World nees to be updated
I am not a big fan of that piece of the spectro

sassy2000
10-06-2008, 09:06 AM
To go: Country Bear Jamboree. We saw it for the 1st time on our last trip and it was horrible :ack: My 3 yr old son was not interested at all. In fact, in the middle of the show, he stood up and said very loudly, "This is not fun" and alot of people in the audience agreed.
To stay: Tom Sawyer Island. My kids LOVE this spot. It has always been a must-do for our family.
Re-vamped: Speedway definitely. Too slow even for my 3 yr old.

Sassy2000

TakeMe2EPCOT
10-06-2008, 10:19 AM
Must go: Jamboree, Stitch, Speedway

Must stay: Riverboat (just so classy and magical) and Disney Railroad (magical, too...gosh I love that steam whistle)

Refurb needed: CoP and...get ready for this...Space Mountain! Space Mountain should be upgraded with a RNRRC-type coaster--something fast, smooth, and thrilling. The existing Space Mountain coaster is outdated and too rough.

Wickster1970
10-06-2008, 12:58 PM
GO - Country Bears and Swiss Family Treehouse

STAY - all of the staples - Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain (see a trend?), Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Jungle Cruise, etc.

REVAMP - Gotta love the COP :number1:

Disney Doll
10-06-2008, 01:55 PM
Go: Stitch. There's no nostalgia holding me to this one and I've always thought it was a bad redo.

Keepsake: I like lots of the ones other want to axe. I'd be sad if any of the old classics were gone. Swiss family tree house, jamboree, and Tom Sawyer's island are just supposed to be there.

Revamp: Definitely the Speedway. I hate for my kid to even breath the fumes over there. :sick: They need to revamp using more green technology. Right now it is just stinky and loud.

KAT1811
10-06-2008, 02:28 PM
Revamp: Definitely the Speedway. I hate for my kid to even breath the fumes over there. :sick: They need to revamp using more green technology. Right now it is just stinky and loud.

Love the green idea!!! Certainly a goal of tomorrow so a perfect fit for Tomorrowland!

Imagineer1981
10-06-2008, 04:16 PM
To go: Country Bear Jamboree. We saw it for the 1st time on our last trip and it was horrible :ack: My 3 yr old son was not interested at all. In fact, in the middle of the show, he stood up and said very loudly, "This is not fun" and alot of people in the audience agreed.
To stay: Tom Sawyer Island. My kids LOVE this spot. It has always been a must-do for our family.
Re-vamped: Speedway definitely. Too slow even for my 3 yr old.

Sassy2000

To me Country Bears would be a keepsake, its a classic attraction and more people love it then hate it.

GO: SOARIN!!!!!