PDA

View Full Version : House Season 4 -- Discussion

LauraleeH
09-24-2008, 05:43 PM
Does anyone watch House?

I just started watching repeats and I love it. How long has it been on?

SBETigg
09-24-2008, 06:09 PM
I think it's in the third season now, maybe fourth. I love it, too. This season has been underwhelming so far but I am counting on it to start getting better.

scoot241
09-24-2008, 06:23 PM
House's 4th season started a week ago. The second episode this season came on last night. I'm enjoying the season so far.

SBETigg
09-24-2008, 07:23 PM
What I haven't liked is the thought of less air-time for Wilson and the whole possibility of a "friend" search like last year's new crew search. I still miss the original cast and we don't see enough of them. I still love House, but last season was flawed for me and I want the energy from the first seasons back. I've heard that they're preparing to give the private eye character his own House-like spin-off, though, and I might like that. Time will tell. Thoughts?

The Reservoir Dog
09-25-2008, 06:48 AM
Have seen the first 3 series and this is a very good show.

The cast ensemble is very good wether you like their characters or not and this is one of the factors why the show works so well.

If you take another show like Shark where the James Woods character was very good but was let down by the inadequate support cast which was probably a factor when the show got pulled.

From what I gather when Hugh Laurie auditioned for the role, the producers believed he was American. If they had seen him in Blackadder 3 & 4 they would not have believed it was the same person.

According to IMDB this show is now in it's 5th series.

tracibell
09-28-2008, 01:34 PM
I love House. I have watched it from the beginning... some storylines were great and some - well, not so great. I am still holding on to the hope of seeing more airtime for the original team. I also hope Wilson returns to the hospital at some point this season. I really love the relationship between House and Wilson.

I like the Private Eye so far so it will be interesting to see how they spin him off into his own series.

Has anyone else read or heard that there may be a romance between House and Cuddy? Any thoughts on that? :blush:

LauraleeH
09-28-2008, 02:38 PM
Ha, apparently the repeats I've been watching are from the first season or something. Maybe they have them all on DVD and I can rent them and catch up ;)

hokies4life
09-30-2008, 08:10 PM
Yes they are on DVD...I have them :D

And actually this is the 5th season of House that just started. It's an awesome show, a great one to start watching if you're into medical mysteries.

:chipdale:

thrillme
10-01-2008, 08:38 AM
I love House however I just started watching it.

Can anybody tell me EXACTLY what's wrong with his leg other than he hurt it in an accident.

I know they did some treatment on it once and he got better for a while but I just don't know EXACTLY what's wrong with it.

I guess watching the show has me "questing" for more medical input.:blush:

hokies4life
10-01-2008, 10:26 AM
The story is that he had a clot in his thigh and it caused the muscle to stop working and alot of the muscle in his leg died. So after they treated that (I don't remember exactly how right now) he had to always walk with the cane and was in pain all the time.

Then he got shot by a guy who's wife used to be one of House's patients. And after the gunshot they did some special treatment that helped the pain in his leg go away for a while, but then it came back.

Can you tell I love the show? :blush: I've actually watched it ever since it first started. And I remember thinking when it first started that I felt like I found this great show and why hadn't I seen it before. That was because it was the pilot episode. LOL. :oops:

:chipdale:

Stich8818
10-01-2008, 11:02 AM
I too am a big fan of this show. Every aspect of this show is great. You expect your doctor to be all warm and fuzzy and Dr. House is neither of those two things. The show has great writing and acting, Hugh Laurie is a great actor not to mention I seen him on Inside the Actors studio. He was on there answering questions and then got up and starting playing piano (very good I might add) and singing it was quite good. This show is a must see and of all the shows on the dvr that gets played the night of recording.

justice11
10-01-2008, 11:09 AM
i have watched this show a few times trying to like house and i cannot. he is so mean. maybe i just don't get it. one show he refused to help a patient because that other dr. said he was leaving, i must be missing something.