PDA

View Full Version : Accommodations for 11 people

beb911
09-24-2008, 02:06 PM
Is there any location on the disney property, serviced by Disney transportation, that can sleep 11 people (6 adults/5 children 12 - 4 years old)?

Seasonscraps
09-24-2008, 02:23 PM
You should check the DVC resorts for larger rooms. A Grand Villa in one of the DVC resorts can accomodate 12. A 2 br villa can accomodate 8 along with a stuido for 4 people - you can request that they be near each other.

If you prefer the regular style rooms, you will need to get a couple of adjoining or connected rooms (I can never keep straight which ones have the doors. :blush:)

KineGirl
09-24-2008, 02:27 PM
I know the Grand Villas at OKW would work well for that number of ppl. They are really quite spacious not to mention a pretty place to stay!

Have fun!

beb911
09-24-2008, 02:37 PM
They all say the max is 8 people. How do I get to the DVC resorts?

AwPhooey
09-24-2008, 03:08 PM
If you prefer the regular style rooms, you will need to get a couple of adjoining or connected rooms (I can never keep straight which ones have the doors. :blush:)

Just as an FYI... adjoining means next to and connecting means next to with a door in between. We learned the hard way when we asked for adjoining when we wanted connecting :)

TammiMcMan
09-24-2008, 03:27 PM
Here's a link to INTERCOTS info central for Boardwalk Villas, http://www.intercot.com/resorts/dvc/boardwalkvillas/default.asp and Saratogo Springs, http://www.intercot.com/resorts/dvc/saratogasprings/default.asp . These have some info and pictures of the 3 bedroom, aka Grand Villas. They run about $1100 per night during the value season and unfortunately, it can be very hard to find availability.

Due to the number of people, you would qualify as a grand gathering group and you may want to either work with a travel agent, like Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com), or directly with the grand gathering (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/special/magicalgatherings/ggServices?id=GrandGatheringsServicesPage) CM's at Disney.

Seasonscraps
09-24-2008, 04:06 PM
Thanks Tim! :mickey:

OogieBoogieMan
09-24-2008, 07:01 PM
I know you asked about "on property" locations but given the size of your family you may want to look at renting a house. We own a home close to the park and it is really more convenient than you might imagine. We bought it because we wanted our extended family to be able to stay with us and have comfortably had 12 people in the house. Just a suggestion.

ThanxForNoticin
09-25-2008, 12:39 PM
I agree, if you can somehow find availability in a Vacation Club Grand Villa, it is a large, spacious place for all 12 of you to stay comfortably. 3 separate bedrooms, a living room, kitchen, washer/dryer, and pull out sofa. Otherwise, your choices are separate rooms or off-site. Hope you all have a great time.

andreallybadeggs
09-25-2008, 08:16 PM
Just a few thoughts...having been the organizer of a few extended family trips to the world.
1) Off site is not always a bad thing although all things being equal, we'd also prefer to stay on property.
And if you don't have your own transportation then...
2) If $ is not an issue and you can get a grand villa; whoo hoo! go for it but...
3) by the end of the vacation, you may be wishing you had opted for 2 or 3 separate units because...
4) Together is wonderful but too-much-together,
not so much.
Enjoy! :mickey:

ThanxForNoticin
09-26-2008, 12:18 PM
4) Together is wonderful but too-much-together,
not so much.
Enjoy! :mickey:

This is an EXCELLENT point. We love our entire family a great deal, but there are advantages to doing to our own rooms at the end of the day!! Sometimes it makes the next day that much better for everyone!

irish1967
09-27-2008, 01:19 PM
This is an EXCELLENT point. We love our entire family a great deal, but there are advantages to doing to our own rooms at the end of the day!! Sometimes it makes the next day that much better for everyone!

Definitely something to consider. Unless you have vacationed with the group before and know that togetherness is fine, I would consider getting 3 rooms.

Disney will TRY to accommodate location requests. Our last visit, our family had four rooms. Three of the four rooms were in the same hallway - two were actually connecting and the third was just across the hall. The fourth was in the same building, but on another floor ironically, also by request LOL!

Let us know what you decide!

VWL Mom
09-27-2008, 02:20 PM
Another suggestion would be 2 jr suites (may be called deluxe rooms now) at WL on the same floor. They have a bedroom with 2 dbl beds and a sitting room w/ wet bar, fridge, pull-out sofa, and small dining table.

7swans
09-27-2008, 03:58 PM
Another option might be a two bedroom at a vacation club location with additional studios as needed. A 2 bedroom sleeps 8 with one master suite w/ a king size bed, a second bedroom w/ 2 full size beds & a full size sofa bed in the living room area.
With this arrangement you still have the full size kitchen, & washer & dryer, but it would cost less than a Grand Villa.

I a not sure if it is tabu to mention it on this board or not, but you can rent points from DVC owners which would be less expensive than booking through Disney, but requires some trust on your part.

JPL
09-27-2008, 04:06 PM
I know you are looking for on-site but I would also suggest looking into renting a vacation home from All Star Vacation Homes (http://www.allstarvacationhomes.com/?ovchn=OTHER&ovcpn=Listing+Sites&ovcrn=Intercot&ovtac=AD)

Not only are the homes beautiful and everyone can have their own bedroom the include a private pool and other ammenities depending on the house. This will also save you quite a bit of money that can be spent on other things. Did I mention it also supports Intercot :thumbsup: