PDA

View Full Version : Tsa

maxrebo77
09-24-2008, 01:36 PM
Anyone know about airport security? When I get to MCO there is a huge backup (again the vacation from you know where) I forget I have a little tin of mints in my pocket. I get my stuff from the tub, but forget to grab my money from the bowl. I call from Atlanta, they have my money. They know it is mine, I describe the other things from my pockets. I tell them that my daughter is flying in on the 27th, just give her my money. They tell me that TSA is run by the government and if the money is not picked up by days end, they keep it. I said I wished to speak to a manager or supervisor, and was told "that's me" No one I spoke to after that knew this. Every reaction was "WOW". To me that is theft. It's my money.

Stitchahula
09-24-2008, 02:07 PM
Ok I don't think I understand. they have your money, they know it's your money ,you've offered to have someone get the money from them for you but they say no. There must be someone with some power you can talk to. If I'm not mistaken in most places they have to keep things in lost and found for a certain amount of time before it's up for graps and I don't believe it's" until the end of the day". I think that it's something like 30 days or something like that.

vicster
09-24-2008, 02:07 PM
We never put money in the tub. My neighbor's father did that by accident and had $300.00 missing from his money clip. We always keep our money in our pocket.

Ed
09-24-2008, 02:29 PM
Call the MCO TSA administrative offices @ 407-563-4067 and ask for the Customer Service manager. There are definitely procedures in place for just this kind of problem. Do this as soon as possible, while the information is still "fresh".

maxrebo77
09-24-2008, 05:16 PM
Called that #. Got a recording that lead to another # not even in Florida. I now have 7 numbers that I have called. At least 2 of them give me a recording letting me know their hours, all of which I was well within. Anyone I do talk to is only concerned that I spell my first and last name loudly and clearly. Apparently my $ are a threat to national security and they are going to keep them.

tinksmom02
09-24-2008, 09:32 PM
I don't have any advice for you, I just hope you get it worked out!

maxrebo77
09-29-2008, 07:42 PM
Too afraid to call back now. I will just let them put my money in the "fund". I guess they need it now since the T-bill plan is out.
I still think it is theft, but nothing I can do.

Figaro
09-29-2008, 11:34 PM
That certainly sounds like someone who has no idea what's going on. I used to work for the airlines in MCO, which if anyone flew on AirTran to MCO a few months ago and booked DME, I probally handled your bags, but back on topic.... I'm VERY familiar with TSA and I'm quite sure that's not their official policy when cash is left behind. Try calling GOAA, The Greater Orlando Aviation Authority. They somewhat oversee TSA in Orlando. They should be of more help to you. I wish I had the TSA local number handy, but I don't.